One stone at a time target/challenge.

Morgenmuffel said:
Soooooo... managed to lose 3 lbs this week so I am only 1.5 lbs away from moving into the next stone bracket, finally!

Oh and ps, my boyf has joined Minimins too so no more MIL rants lol ;)

Well done on losing the 3lb. Maybe the loser dance is the order of the day. :)

Don't know what you mean about a MIL rant. I've only ever seen nice things said on here about them & how supportive they are in our weight loss journey ;)

Kay xxxx

Soooooo I'm dipping my toe in the slim fast diet. Not literally but don't feel I'm chucking myself in 100%. I've decided I'm not gonna eat breakfast/shake at 7am just because I've woke up & kids are eating breakkie. I'm gonna ave my first shake when I feel peckish. I'm also gonna make a taziki dip with carrot sticks for a 100 kcal snack. I've also got an app called my fitness pal, which I've been told is a good place to track kcals. I've never really been aware of kcals in food before as I've never really tracked that way before. I think im gonna be surprised what I'm actually eating.
Hows everyone else doin? Does anyone know where Emma is? She was the most positive of us all & was doin so well with the weight loss.
Good to see Carly back, are you still doin the teaching in sept?
Kay xxxx

Morgenmuffel said:
I'm good thanks Dolly, what exam did you have to sit? Hope it went well! xx

I've never been for tapas what sort of thing did you eat? I have however drunk sangria lol xx

Busy too but finally back on the losing train, welcome back :) xx

Well tapas is small dishes, so I had chicken skewers with peppers, Spanish omelette, potatoes in a tomato sauce, 2 garlic bread I also asked for a tomato and onion salad and was peed of when they brought me a plate with 8 slices of tomato and some raw white onions !! Wtf ?? How can they call this a salad !! Plus I ate the fruit in the sangria !! I honestly could not have chosen anything better, well apart from the garlic bread !!

Morgenmuffel said:
Soooooo... managed to lose 3 lbs this week so I am only 1.5 lbs away from moving into the next stone bracket, finally!

Oh and ps, my boyf has joined Minimins too so no more MIL rants lol ;)

Omg keep him away from our thread then Pmsl !!

Omg tho !! 11/2 away .... That will be within reach next week !! I would live next week to go into next stone bracket .... If not next week then deffo the next week ..... I can't believe in oct last year I set this thread up, and now I'm just about to get into the next bracket !!! At last I can see it, and it's right in front of me waiting !!

galaxy-girl said:

Don't know what you mean about a MIL rant. I've only ever seen nice things said on here about them & how supportive they are in our weight loss journey ;)

Kay xxxx

Roflmao ......

Dolly !!

What exam did you sit ??

Kay xxxx

lmao, oh yes, me too **quickly goes back and edits stuff**

Soooooo I'm dipping my toe in the slim fast diet. Not literally but don't feel I'm chucking myself in 100%. I've decided I'm not gonna eat breakfast/shake at 7am just because I've woke up & kids are eating breakkie. I'm gonna ave my first shake when I feel peckish. I'm also gonna make a taziki dip with carrot sticks for a 100 kcal snack. I've also got an app called my fitness pal, which I've been told is a good place to track kcals. I've never really been aware of kcals in food before as I've never really tracked that way before. I think im gonna be surprised what I'm actually eating.
Hows everyone else doin? Does anyone know where Emma is? She was the most positive of us all & was doin so well with the weight loss.
Good to see Carly back, are you still doin the teaching in sept?
Kay xxxx

Good idea about leaving breakfast until you're hungry. I find I am hungry at 4pm regardless, I might have eaten a grilled hippo for lunch and I am still hungry at 4pm. I have at times eaten my dinner at 4pm and have been full until bedtime, weird huh? Looking at the calories is really surprising and often puts me off buying things, last time I was in England my Mum bought my step dad some shortbread and i thought it might be cool to bring some home until I realised that in a small box there were 1000 calories!!!

I sent Ems a message a few days ago, hopefully she's doing okay and is just busy atm. xxx

Well tapas is small dishes, so I had chicken skewers with peppers, Spanish omelette, potatoes in a tomato sauce, 2 garlic bread I also asked for a tomato and onion salad and was peed of when they brought me a plate with 8 slices of tomato and some raw white onions !! Wtf ?? How can they call this a salad !! Plus I ate the fruit in the sangria !! I honestly could not have chosen anything better, well apart from the garlic bread !!

lol, well that salad sounds better then a tomato and mozzarella salad I ordered in a hotel in Wakefield when I was up there for work. It arrived and the guy put it down saying "we ran out of mozzarella so it is cheddar instead" and walked off. It was sweaty cheddar bleaugh but I had been waiting for about an hour so I just ate it, at least the company was paying for it. Tapas sounds quite nice though, might have to try some one day xx

Omg keep him away from our thread then Pmsl !!

Omg tho !! 11/2 away .... That will be within reach next week !! I would live next week to go into next stone bracket .... If not next week then deffo the next week ..... I can't believe in oct last year I set this thread up, and now I'm just about to get into the next bracket !!! At last I can see it, and it's right in front of me waiting !!

I was 20 st 2.5 when the thread was started so I have lost 1 stone 1.5 lbs in 8 months! Actually I have probably lost more when you see that I lost then put on then lost and put on and lost.... how rubbish lol, but the point is we're going to make it this time :p xx

Still chuckling bout the tomato & mozzarella. Haha as if cheddar substitutes it. Cheeky Yorkshire monkeys. Lol.
Actually you ladies are doin so well at the weight loss compared to moi. I daren't weigh myself but know I'm hovering somewhere my original starting weight & I've decided I'm just here for the social aspect & if I lose weight along the way well that's a bonus.
Anyway nowt exciting but feel I must report on the stupid thing I did today. So, got kids ready for school then Zak, who's 8, goes upstairs all quiet & miserable. When it's time to go he asks me if I can go in to the class with him, which I never do as I'm usually working. I tell him I can't go in as I'm in my scruffs & not had wash etc. (Lisa, I didn't have dodgy see thru leggings on & floral pants but nearly as bad, lol). So, he goes into school & it breaks my heart & I feel so bad. What do I do? That's right, I go to morrisons & buy mini ice lollies, ice cream, choc, sweets etc to "cheer him up when he comes home". I got back in the car & thought WTF am I doin? I'm doin just what mums carry on doin that we moan about so much. I was so angry with myself & guess what? They cheered him up. Need to rethink what I'm doing next time & just go in to school looking a right tramp & not feel so guilty.
Kay xxx

Awww bless him, any idea why he wanted you to go in with him? At least it did cheer him up this time, need to have a think of what non foody things might cheer him up in the future... I have no idea what 8 year old boys are into though lol.

And yeah cheeky indeed, that cheddar was bloody awful, in fact just thinking about it I can taste it all over yuck! Perhaps I should try and channel that memory next time I fancy cheese, might put me off.

Night night ladies xxx

Although I used to love panini sticker books and my Dad used to buy us packs of stickers when we were good or needed cheering up, do they still make them? When we only had a few left to get and weren't being lucky he'd write off and get the ones we needed direct from them. I remember my Disney Black Cauldron book was my absolute favourite one.

Still chuckling bout the tomato & mozzarella. Haha as if cheddar substitutes it. Cheeky Yorkshire monkeys. Lol.
Actually you ladies are doin so well at the weight loss compared to moi. I daren't weigh myself but know I'm hovering somewhere my original starting weight & I've decided I'm just here for the social aspect & if I lose weight along the way well that's a bonus.
Anyway nowt exciting but feel I must report on the stupid thing I did today. So, got kids ready for school then Zak, who's 8, goes upstairs all quiet & miserable. When it's time to go he asks me if I can go in to the class with him, which I never do as I'm usually working. I tell him I can't go in as I'm in my scruffs & not had wash etc. (Lisa, I didn't have dodgy see thru leggings on & floral pants but nearly as bad, lol). So, he goes into school & it breaks my heart & I feel so bad. What do I do? That's right, I go to morrisons & buy mini ice lollies, ice cream, choc, sweets etc to "cheer him up when he comes home". I got back in the car & thought WTF am I doin? I'm doin just what mums carry on doin that we moan about so much. I was so angry with myself & guess what? They cheered him up. Need to rethink what I'm doing next time & just go in to school looking a right tramp & not feel so guilty.
Kay xxx

Aww Kay, I don't know what to say babe, have you found out why he needed you to go into school ? is everything ok with him ??

I know that you are not sticking to any diet at the moment... have you sorted the Dr's out yet ?

Sod looking like a tramp... trust me, until you have seen what I have seen well OMG, you can't possibly ever look that bad !

lmao, oh yes, me too **quickly goes back and edits stuff**

I was 20 st 2.5 when the thread was started so I have lost 1 stone 1.5 lbs in 8 months! Actually I have probably lost more when you see that I lost then put on then lost and put on and lost.... how rubbish lol, but the point is we're going to make it this time :p xx

Roflmao !!

You know what as long as you keep getting back up and doing it, I think that is a major thing.

You have lost around 9lbs more than me !

Lisa - glad SW is going well for u :D

Morgen - glad you are back on track :) well done for the loss!! damn the pesky boyf checkin on the MIL rants lol!

Kay - good luck with slimfast :D sounds good!! I am still starting teaching in Sept :D - so excited!!
xx

Sticker book is a good idea, I'll keep that in mind cos think new footy one starts soon. He said schools boring & he dunt like it tho I think it's cos he had a new haircut, his choice, & he was scared what others wud say & some kids from his footy team had said the haircut was banned from their school. Luckily he goes to different school to them. I asked him tonight why he wanted me to go in & was everything ok & he said he just wanted to show me summat. I did go in to school on fri for him to show me summat he was workin on. Think he's just a mummy's boy & when he's married wi kids I can buy him stuff like better than harrods rings lol. Can you imagine me buying a sticker book when he's 40 haha.
Not been to doctors cos my moods lifted a bit, for time being. I've started slim fast & today I've done ok. Infact I've been bloody fantastic. I had a mole removed at local hospital & the anticipation & fear of the unknown got me a bit upset but I didn't turn to food. Then good old MIL bought me a tiger loaf & its still on side untouched. She also bought dog some liver/kidney & cooked it for her. The fatty/feeder thing has shifted to the dog & horse. Obviously they need cheering up too. She also bought kids a pack of choc wafers that she bought from b&m's or summat. The only reason she bought them is cos they're a quid cheaper than morrisons. Erm there's a reason for that, dingbat, they're made in Croatia & Morrison ones aren't. Jeez.
I'm now sat watching idiot abroad cos he always makes me chuckle.
Kay xxxx

Hiya everone , sooooooo sorry have not been on and taking part have had a mad few wks to say the least. Everyone seems to be doing so very well and very focussed. Im delighted for you all. Ive not been so good. I had been fantastic and lost 4 st 5 lb but 3 wks ago my little one was in hospital and its gone downhill since then. I put on 3 lb that wk eating junk in hospital then we went away last wk so i missed wi and have put on 4 lb by my scales whuch is normally bang on, so 7 lb in 3 wks but i get oficially weighed tonight and ill start afresh tomorrow . Great to see everyone back and ill be on much more often now for the support x x

Hiya everone , sooooooo sorry have not been on and taking part have had a mad few wks to say the least. Everyone seems to be doing so very well and very focussed. Im delighted for you all. Ive not been so good. I had been fantastic and lost 4 st 5 lb but 3 wks ago my little one was in hospital and its gone downhill since then. I put on 3 lb that wk eating junk in hospital then we went away last wk so i missed wi and have put on 4 lb by my scales whuch is normally bang on, so 7 lb in 3 wks but i get oficially weighed tonight and ill start afresh tomorrow . Great to see everyone back and ill be on much more often now for the support x x

Oh my goodness, no need to apologise. How is your little one doing now? Starting afresh tomorrow is the right attitude and i have no doubt you'll be rid of that excess in no time. xxx

Morgenmuffel said:
Oh my goodness, no need to apologise. How is your little one doing now? Starting afresh tomorrow is the right attitude and i have no doubt you'll be rid of that excess in no time. xxx

Hopefully i will. Ah she was doing brilliant back to full health and then my neighbour knocked my door and told me her daughter had hand foot and mouth but continued to let her play on the road with the kids , and even though i brought hollie in every time i saw the child out hollie still picked it up so our hols last wk were ruined cos the poor pet was so sick . Havent slept since last wed but she is much better today thank god x x

Omg Gwen, sorry to hear about your daughter !! Hope she feels better real soon.

So did you get your official weight tonight ? Was it like you thought ??

Glad to see you back and determined !!

Lisa xx

Well not long been back from swimming and I'm knackered and hungry :/ mainly as Cody ate most of my tea !! :0

I've done well today, but need to go and eat before I start thinking of bad things to eat !

Hope everyone is ok

Lisa xx

Cobra said:
Omg Gwen, sorry to hear about your daughter !! Hope she feels better real soon.

So did you get your official weight tonight ? Was it like you thought ??

Glad to see you back and determined !!

Lisa xx

Ah thanks lisa she is so much better today thank god. Yeah wi was as expected i put on 4 and a half pound in the 2 wks so a total of 7.5 in 3 wks :( but thats it now back on the wagon tomorrow no excuses. X x

Back