Extra Easy One Syn At A Time

My energy levels revolve around two little hooligans and their varying amounts of sleep 😂

Wednesday 13-1-21

Breakfast 7:30am
2 boiled eggs and an apple. Coffee hexa.

Brunch 11:45
Pancakes and strawberries made with oats and milk hexa and b and eggs so a bit more protein there. I tbsp nutella

Lunch- afternoon snack,
Small bowl, leftover chicken chow mein from yesterday reheated with a dash of soy sauce.

Dinner,
Slow cooker beef and broccoli
Sauted beef stir fry pieces in garlic and delight, added onions, ginger, soy, worcestershire sauce, sweetener, pepper, lazy chilli and left to marinade for about an hour or so. Flung into slow cooker with some more onions and beef stock. Left for 8 hours on low. Took meat out and thickened sauce with tbsp cornflour so saying 1/2 syn for my portion to be safe.
Steamed broccoli and had it with some steamed cauli rice and leftover basmati rice mixed in.

HUGE HIT definitely trying this again.

Syns today:
Nutella 4
Cornflour 1/2

Water- 2L
1x latte am

Thurs 15-1-21

Breakfast,
2x scrambled eggs and water.

Lunch:
Leftover chicken chow mein. coffee half hexa.

Dinner:
Chicken curry with rice. 3 syns for volume of McDonnell's sauce used. , Peas, onions, peppers.

Really great day on plan.
3 syns curry sauce
4.5 syns skinny whip

Friday 15-1-21

Breakfast,

Porridge 30g with chia seeds, flax and cinnamon plus lots of milk (made for me - estimate hexa plus about 5syns)

Lunch + dinner,
Leftover chicken curry guessing 6 syns as it was all mixed together. Couldn't weigh out the liquid.

Cadbury mini fudge 3

Approx 14 syns.
No coffee.... How does one run out of coffee???!!!
2x pints squash.

So today has been a mixed bag of emotions.
Not an overall bad day, as we spent two hours at a new playground that just opened in our village and went to a "poundshop" for supplies (only essential retail open so they cant sell loads of stuff, but I was able to get Skinny Whips, mayflower, mugshots)

But then came the blow. Scrolling Facebook and finding out that an friend has passed away very suddenly at 36, leaving a pregnant wife and toddler. And so a night of whirlwind emotions,eat a tube of pringles, cry, drink some whiskey, cry, eat some chocolate, drink tea, cry.

I think the worst is knowing that with all these f**king covid restrictions that there will be no wake, a funeral of only 10 and that even a drive by is impossible as they live 3 hours from where I live now. The biggest thing this pandemic is stealing from us, is being there for each other in times of need.

So what do I do? I self sabotage. I eat drink and cry.
I don't even want to count up the syns.

Line drawn. It's 4:50am and I am headed to bed. I'll wake up to a new day, hopefully not feel too rubbish, and just try and focus on the good.

So sorry to hear about your friend.

I lost a brother last April and due to only a handful allowed at his funeral which could only be 20 mins with no reception I didn't go. It would of been a 3 hour journey straight there and back. It is very upsetting as we can't reach out and comfort each other. Words is just not the same as a good cuddle and letting the ones they leave behind we are there for them.

Hope you have woken up today not feeling too bad for not having much sleep. :)

Thanks ladies.

Mary my sincere condolences. It's so hard with family living away. Most of my family are spread out across the UK and Ireland and in all corners I frequently travelled over and back in times gone by. Now I can't even leave my 5km radius... Which is ironic as most of my 5k is the sea! I look across at places I cannot visit 😭😭 these lockdowns really put pressure on mental health in a way I never taught possible. I mean I've two young kids. I would always have been home Monday to Friday anyway with nursery runs etc but I would have spent weekends visiting oir friends and family further away. Or even going to the next big town over to go shopping etc. The same four walls seem to close in more now. I'm very much aware of how I cant make it to see his family and after speaking with some friends and family on the phone today I am more determined now to get myself back on track. The line is drawn and meal prep therapy happened today.

A bit of chaos,

But so far :
I've diced peppers for fajitas later in the week.
I've sliced cucumber, carrots and peppers for snacking.
I've added a bacon and lentil soup to a slow cooker pot ready to pop in at bedtime.
I've mashed turnip for a side.
I've mashed carrot and parsnip for a side.
I chopped up onions for all the meals in the week.
I roasted veg for pasta sauce.
I have courgettes and broccoli prepped for stir-fry.
I grated carrots for Bolognese and chilli or a salad.
I'm still going to who knows what else I'll find to make, while OH has the kiddos distracted with Frozen and snacks 😂

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_184345.jpg
    IMG_20210116_184345.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 22
You were busy yesterday prepping. :)

I cook a whole tray of mixed root veg, peppers and spuds to last me for 4 days on Sundays. Then I just have to fry it up to go with my meat or fish for lunches.

You were busy yesterday prepping. :)

I cook a whole tray of mixed root veg, peppers and spuds to last me for 4 days on Sundays. Then I just have to fry it up to go with my meat or fish for lunches.
Great idea Mary, Yeah I like to be prepared the weeks my OH travels for work, as it makes it easier cooking then for myself and the kids when i have the food all ready to go so I don't just go for easy fixes, which are no good for me or them.

So. I haven't had much of a food diary the last few days, as to be honest, I have been feeling pretty rubbish, completely run down, headaches and tummy issues.
17-jan
Sunday - breakfast - pancakes and blueberrys - 4 syns for flour
dinner - chipper food- half a plain chicken burger and chips couldn't stomach anything, was more to make sure i ate something before taking meds
Pretty much drank peppermint tea and 7up free all day

18- jan
Monday - Breakfast a banana
lunch - some of the bacon and lentil soup from the meal prep - syn free if you cut off all the fat from the bacon before cooking, so I'll say one syn to be safe.
Dinner- 2 x wheatbisks and low fat milk hexb and a
peppermint tea, water, 7up free, packet of onion rings 6 syns

19 - Jan
Tuesday - Still feeling ropey.
Breakfast - 1 x chocolate star how do you even syn 12g bag is 3.5 syns, I literally had one....
coffee with all one of my hexa low fat milk, foamed to a latte

Lunch - bacon and lentil soup again - large bowl

not hungry now at 5pm so will see how the day goes, drinking plenty of fluids, peppermint tea, Pukka womankind tea and 7up free.
Have eggs and hexb bagel slims there so might have some later.

So Tuesday Eve I ended up having two shredded wheat with milk and my eve meal and more peppermint tea.

Today- Wednesday 20/2/21

Breakfast - late today was a croissant on the way back from giving bloods at the doctor's.

Lunch - fajita mixed chicken and veg, beans and rice and some gem lettuce. Coke zero

Dinner
Pancakes not sure of syns. I think ,4 for the flour but I need to fully sit down and work it out and I don't have the mental capacity today for it.

Peppermint tea, 3 cookies, a coffee and a long nap was my day today. Oh and star week appeared today 🤦🏻‍♀️.

Food all ready for tomorrow so fingers crossed

Today's lunch and pasta sauce for freezer

Attachments

• IMG_20210120_144932.jpg
    IMG_20210120_144932.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210120_144612.jpg
    IMG_20210120_144612.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Wow where have the last few days disappeared
Thurs
Breakfast - scrambled eggs and apple slices.
Lunch - vegetable soup - home made syn free, with some turkey slices on the side
Dinner- fakeaway chicken burger and chips,
Hexb for Bread roll.

Several cups of coffee went over on milk but i used no other syns.

Friday - shredded wheat and milk for breakfast
Lunch was leftovers from soup and some coke zero.
Dinner - sweet and sour chicken and egg fried rice. Only Syns in the can of fanta divided by 6 so I'll say 1 to be safe.

Saturday
Lazy day- late brunch, egg and bacon bagel.
Egg fried rice with some slow cooked pork
Two bags of crisps 9 syns.
Too much pepsi max approx 1.5l
Roast dinner - pork, roastie pots (3 syns) gravey (2) and speed veg, carrot, broccoli, cauli.
Felt hungry all day.

Today Sunday- 24-1-21

Send the syn and speed police!!!! Oops

Breakfast beans and Brennan's be good bread 1 slice = half hexb, two turkey bacon slices, 1 black pudding sausage for 9 syns! Yep what a waste of 9 syns... However it was sooo damn delicious.

Lunch - 2 slices of turkey bacon and a packet of crisps for 5 syns (over estimate not on app)

Dinner- chicken Tikka masala. Made a huge batch for tomorrow and for the freezer, makes 15 portions at 40 syns for the 2.67 syns = 3 syns a portion with brown rice and quinoa I cooked up in a batch too.
Syn total 9+5+3- 17... I'm still allowed 20 syns technically should be doing to 15 syns with my next weigh ins so not going to fall into guilting myself trap. Need my head screwed on.

Look at this way, some days you will be going over syns and other under so at the end it balances. Also you should always use your syns so you body get enough intake. When you get stuck, then you can lower your sysns for a few days to get the weight moving again. If you don't have enough syns to start with then when you get stuck, you can't cut on anything. Hope it makes sense - haha

Look at this way, some days you will be going over syns and other under so at the end it balances. Also you should always use your syns so you body get enough intake. When you get stuck, then you can lower your sysns for a few days to get the weight moving again. If you don't have enough syns to start with then when you get stuck, you can't cut on anything. Hope it makes sense - haha
Yeah I know when I did it pre toddlers I used to weigh on a Wednesday, I would pop 105 on the top of my food diary and count down all week and would have my leftover syns on a wednesday as my treat night. This time round I'm trying to get focussed which seems to be a bigger struggle than I realised with all the restrictions its very hard as we live an hour from Iceland, Tesco, Asda, Dunnes, all the big supermarkets, I only have a small aldi and Lidl in the nearest town, so hard to SW friendly alternatives.

Monday 25- Weigh Day minus 1lb

Breakfast 2 boiled eggs and some mixed berries to snack on
Lunch Ham on hexb brennans be good bread, toasted with some onion, and then an easy peeler and 25g paprika crisps for 5 syns
Dinner - leftover chicken curry cauli rice 4 and 2 popadums 2 syns each

freddo 5 syns with coffee hexa

total syns - 5+4+2+2+5= 18 syns

The only meals this past week I managed to take photos of. Must keep myself focussed and take photos of all my meals.

Attachments

• IMG_20210124_113557.jpg
    IMG_20210124_113557.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20210123_195446.jpg
    IMG_20210123_195446.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_20210123_145558.jpg
    IMG_20210123_145558.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210122_185029.jpg
    IMG_20210122_185029.jpg