One Week Scan Bran Challenge

laceandlunges

This week my consultant has challenged my group to have 5 scan brans and 5 glasses of water everyday.

Why Scan Bran?
It's packed full of fibre and makes you 'regular'.
It's also VERY filling.

Having never had scan bran before and still being new to Slimming World I'm up for it. If anyone else wants to join in please feel free

Last edited by a moderator:
Day 1

Lunch

3 x scan bran crumbled into a bowl with frozen mixed berries left to defrost on top. Once the fruit had defrosted I mixed in a Skinny Cappucino Mullerlight.

This was nice and really filling. The yoghurt and fruit didn't compliment each other brilliantly but it wasn't unpleasant.

Day 1

Dinner

Pea and Ham Soup with 2 x scan bran. I dipped one of the scan brans in the soup like bread and crumbled the other one into the soup. This was lovely and the flavour of the scan bran went really well with the soup.

Day 2

Breakfast

2 x scan bran topped with 2 x Laughing Cow Light Cheese Triangles and 2 x slices of dry cured palma ham.

This was so tasty! I ate it with 2 x hard boiled eggs with sea salt and paprika.

I made a savoury scan bran cake recently & found the recipe on here, if you search you'll find a scan bran thread which may give you ideas on different ways to eat it.

The savoury cake was really nice & worth trying.

Day 3

Scan Bran Toffee Cake

5 x scan bran
2 x eggs, beaten
1 x toffee Mullerlight
3 x tsp sweetener
1 x tsp vanilla essence
1/4 x tsp baking powder
Splash of boiling water

Soak the scan bran in a splash of boiling water.
Beat the eggs, then mix with the rest of the ingredients.
Mix well.
Microwave on full power for 7 minutes.

If you are using the scan bran as your healthy b choice for the day this cake is 1/8 of a syn (due to the small amount of baking powder)

Scan Bran Toffee Cake

5 x scan bran
2 x eggs, beaten
1 x toffee Mullerlight
3 x tsp sweetener
1 x tsp vanilla essence
1/4 x tsp baking powder
Splash of boiling water

Soak the scan bran in a splash of boiling water.
Beat the eggs, then mix with the rest of the ingredients.
Mix well.
Microwave on full power for 7 minutes.

If you are using the scan bran as your healthy b choice for the day this cake is 1/8 of a syn (due to the small amount of baking powder)

One of the ways that I enjoyed scan bran was to squash a banana on then as I took each bite I put a little yogurt on it first. I used to enjoy them. Mostly had the 5 for lunch. May give them another try soon.

Cannot say if it helped the weight loss because for some time until very recently I was not always sticking to plan. Yes they did keep me regular.

One of the ways that I enjoyed scan bran was to squash a banana on then as I took each bite I put a little yogurt on it first. I used to enjoy them. Mostly had the 5 for lunch. May give them another try soon.

Cannot say if it helped the weight loss because for some time until very recently I was not always sticking to plan. Yes they did keep me regular.

That sounds nice, I'll try it that way.

To be honest I enjoy them most with soft cheese and ham but as it's a one week challenge I thought it would be interesting to see how many different ways there are to eat them.

I've got to say, the 12 syns of Nutella in today's batch is making me a little bitter!

Day 4

Breakfast and Lunch

Scan Bran Ferraro Roche

5 x Scan Bran
3 x LEVEL tbsp of Nutella (12 syns)
3 x tbsp boiling water
1 tsp Vanilla Extract

Blitz the Scan Bran in a blender.
Spoon out the Nutella and warm slightly either in the microwave or over a bowl of hot water.
Add 3 tablespoons of boiling water and the vanilla extract to the Nutella and mix until you get a paste like consistency.
Add the blended Scan Bran and keep mixing.
Roll small amounts of the mixture in your hands to get little balls.
Once you have used all of the mixture put the balls on a plate or tray in the fridge for 1 hour to set.

If you are using the scan bran as your healthy b choice for the day these are 12 syns.

Day 5

One trip to the ladies yesterday and a loss of -0.2 lb this morning. Total loss so far is 1.8 lb.

I'm feeling bloated and sluggish. I'm so full from all of the scan bran that I'm not fitting in enough fruit and veg. I will continue with the challenge but don't think I will be repeating it anytime soon.

Day 6

Lost 0.6 lb since yesterday. A total loss of 2.4 lb in 5 days.

I haven't been to the toilet for a few days now and I feel so bloated. My stomach is rock hard. I have two more days until my official Slimming World weigh in so hopefully my body will have settled down and be back to normal for a more accurate reading.

Back