Only 1 lb loss on second week?

Thanks Buttons, I was thinking of your post about putting the scales away when I wrote that. I weighed myself this morning (lost nothing after one day, what a surprise). ;) I'm going to try to weigh weekly - that's big for me. Anyone want to bet how long I last???

But what do you mean by starvation mode Flower67? Of course you are giving your body less glycogen than it needs - you want art using the stores that it already has, it's basically how all diets work, less goes in than what comes out (in movement etc). The fat that is lost from around the body is always lost by fat cells breaking down and releasing ketones.

OK I didn't weigh myself since last Wednesday, got on the scales expecting a huge surprise this morning, and I got it! EXACTLY the same weight - down to the last eighth of a pound!

Think I'll call the experiment a failure (for me) and go back to daily weighing - at least I would have known THAT was coming, LOL. Still very very happy with my 4lbs after last week's carbfest though. :D

Waterworks the same thing happens to me. I lose and then stay same for ages and then I'll go through a wee stage where ill lose everyday. Just stick at it.....you will lose if you don't cheat yourself. Ive over 2 stone off and im down from size 18 to 12. X

Oh well done sparklie! And don't worry, I'm not getting disheartened or anything, bopping along for another three weeks, then fooooooood! :D

I lost 11lb week 1 then only 1lb this week, I am now on 3rd week and my CDC has put me upto SS+ as I has having probs going to the loo, even with the Cambridge Fibre and the odd senakot...I'm not sure if this is the right thing, and hope it doesn't slow my weight loss further...CDC is on holiday now for a week so I won't get weighed again until 5th November, so I'm trying not to go on my ome scales but it's really hard as I'm desperate to know it's still working, and can only think negatively which makes the diet even harder, I'm not hungry and can honestly say that by now it's almost a way of life, but I so wanted this to be the diet that worked and am now worried it might not be :(

How did you get on after the 2nd week, and are you still on cambridge...?

Anyone else on Cambridge at the moment who has had a similar dissapointment on the scales?...

It works both ways as well. :(
I've had about four weeks 'off' and I stepped on the scales in cringe mode this morning thinking I'd done some significant damage.
I haven't - not weight-wise anyway. I'm still just under 13 which is what I was 4 weeks ago.
However whilst this is fantastic and I'm getting back on the wagon knowing that I haven't piled it back on during my break, I know I'm bigger size-wise because my clothes are tighter again.

Seeing the scales drop is motivating though. I am a scales-addict too (whilst I'm VLCD'ing!)

Back