Only 2lb weight loss in first week of VLCD :(

louloubedoo

Hi All
Im feeling so disheartened & sad right now. Ive never done a VLCD before & was so excited to try it. Ive stuck to under 600 cals a day & drank at least 3 litres of water a day..i also gave up a 30 year diet coke addiction at the same time, so water is new to me. Ive just weighed in after my first week & it says 2lb loss :(. Ive been so excited all week for my first weigh in as i feel different & lighter but the numbers dont lie. Im absolutley gutted :(. I havent felt cold at all...in fact ive been quite clammy & sweaty, so that tells me that ketosis probably hasnt even happened yet. I dont know what is going on, i just know that i feel like crying all day & that im so angry with myself for letting me get in to this state in the first place.
I have a lot of weight to lose & i dont exercise...im just so disappointed & dont know whats going on :(.

Hope things improve for you. Personally, I couldn't put myself under that kind of restriction ever again (it made me ill, and I just piled the weight back on)

Please! Do not restrict yourself like that - on the long term, living on under 600 cals a day just isn't going to sustain you and not only that but it will be extremely difficult do maintain. Would you consider joining a group such as slimming world/weight watchers were you can eat the correct foods which will speed up and maintain your weight loss? I've just joined 3 weeks ago and I'm loving it! would deffo recommend.

Hi loulobedo, I am in a similar position, on day 8 of exante total solution and I lost 3 lbs. was expecting a much more dramatic result and felt I could have achieved a similar result on a less restrictive diet. HOWEVER I have heard that week 1 can be slow due to time taken to get into ketosis etc. I'm giving it a couple of weeks in the hope that things improve, I hope things are going better for you now and hopefully we will both see some big losses! 💪🏻

Back