Only 2nd day of re-feed and ketosis has bid farewell

liz0703

Silver Member
Can't believe it only took 2 days!! Would that have been the skimmed in coffee?? Only had chicken and veg last night!

Don't really feel any different, and the hungar is still at bay, which is fine. The good thing is I will hopefully warm up, my hair will stop falling out and the dreaded breathe will go!!

Had my one and only shake this morning, it was sooooo lovely!

I also checked all my bloods on my last full day of LT. I checked them on my first week of starting the diet, just to make sure everything was ok, and to prove to those who dissaproved of the diet, it wont harm you if followed correctly. I am pleased to say my organs are fully functioning and have come to no harm after 6m on VLCD. Thyroid, kidneys, liver, cholesterol (gone from 5.2 to 3.8!!), iron levels and blood sugar all very healthy!!

That is great hun. Not only does the weight restrict us but it puts a lot of pressure on our organs. Glad to hear everything is perfect. Good luck with the rest of your refeed.

wow, you've done so well! Nearly 7 stones!!! Congrats.

Aw, bye bye ketosis!

But, it's great that you're in good health! Just goes to show, eh? :)

Hope the re-feed is going well so far!!

Hannah

liz: I assume you use keto sticks to determine whether you are in ketosis. Remember that ketones are not present in urine all the time someone is in ketosis. This is particularly true when you change a diet, which usually comes with a shift of water balance in your body. I noticed this myself just a few days ago when I went from Atkins to LT. I was in ketosis the whole way, but because I urinated a lot due to shift in diet, the sticks did not turn purple.

The other issue is that you seem to be using low fat products, such as skim milk. Low fat products almost always contain more carbohydrates than full fat products, and carbs are what bring you out of ketosis. Carbs also raise your blood sugar and create cravings.

You need to pick a road to go from here. As I have suggested numerous times, I strongly advocate a high fat, low carb approach. Fat does not cause weight gain, carbohydrates do.

Hi, RoarkMan, thanks for sharing all of the above, I work in a Gp as a Nursing Assistant, so well aware!! Thank u for reminding us all.

Thanks for raising the carbs issue. I wasnt aware of the link between weight gain and carbs prior to this diet. I am finding it quite hard to come to terms with. I could quite happily happily stick to low cal foods, do not crave high fat food at all anymore, but I really love my carbs, pasta, rice and baked spuds in particular. How harmful to weight gain is whole grain pasta/rice? Or is it all carbs that cause the damage? Will be following the re-feed sheet to the later, just wandering for post re-feed. I will be following the RC plan after too.

Thank u also to the other encouraging replies.

Unfortunately whole grain products contain a lot of carbohydrates as well. Since whole grain products have lower GI they don't cause the spike in blood sugar the same way refined carbohydrates do. This will cause less cravings for you and is healthier for your body.

If you want to follow a low carb diet, especially with weight loss as a result, you would pretty much need to cut out all pasta, potatoes, rice. If you want to maintain your weight, you could probably have the occasional portion. It is not possible to say how much, since it varies from individual to individual.

So if you dearly love your carbs and must have them, then you need to find another approach than the one I am suggesting.

So if you choose to eat a diet high in carbohydrates, you should not mix it with liberal amounts of fat. That is the combination which made us all use Lipotrim!

I am not expert on how to control weight with a high carb diet, so will leave that for others to comment on.

Best of luck to you now when you are back on real food!

Back