only my second week and I've gained half a pound :(

SoldieronNatasha

I was expecting two to three pounds in my second week but no. I gained half a pound. And I don't understand why I was so good :( I lost 5 pounds last week so now I am just feeling really deflated especially with 100 pounds to lose...

Don't worry, it might be water weight, you could have eaten heavy food / drink the day of the weigh in. I know it's disappointing but just carry on and I am sure next weigh in you'll have lost weight.
x

Thanks Hun lets hope the scales stop being so stubborn! :) xx

How soul destroying for you! This has happened to me in the past. I went to weight watchers and on my first week of dieting I'd gained 2 pounds!!!! I truly had stuck to it! There are several things that can cause problems, such as hormones, fluid retention. In my case it was becuase I was on some anti-depressants and they were causing me to gain weekly. A fact that wasn't revealed until 20 pounds later.
Either way, don't let it get you down. Easier said than done I know! But try and look at the long picture. You are just looking at ONE week. Over time the scales will even themselves out again. Probably next week.

Try not to get disheartened, it happens to everyone. It's how you carry forward with the rest of the week, until your next weigh in that will make the difference. Good luck for next week, I'm sure you will have a loss that will put a smile on your face! :) x

The same thing happened to me. First week I lost 5 but last week, even though I'd been really good, I gained pound so I was really disheartened. During this week I had lost 1lb but when it came to weigh day yesterday I had found it again! I was considering not going back but I'm glad I did because I lost 2 1/2! Hang in there and hopefully the same will happen to you :)

I think this happens to everyone at some point. Your weight fluctuates daily, and unfortunately our bodies do not know that we're stepping on the scales today.

Stick to plan, I'm sure it'll come off at the next WI keep us posted.

It's common to lose quite a bit in your first week then you can have a "blip" the following especially if you're exercising aswell as your body can retain water please don't give up hope xxx

Back