ProPoints Onwards and Downwards

flutter-by-us

Silver Member
Hi

I started ww just over a week ago, got a good loss (5.5lbs) in the first week and as this title says I want this to be the start of the end of dieting. I've never been able to eat "normally" its either overeat or starve I'm fed up with that and want to eat well but be slim.

Here goes

Thursday

B - ww thick white bread 2pp, small piece banana

L - veg soup 2pp, 2 x slices granary bread 5pp

D - prawns 1pp, baked potato 5pp, salad, extra light mayo 1pp, meringue nest 1pp, rasps, ww cream 1pp

Snacks - apple

Total - 18 so far

I plan not to use my weeklies apart from treats as I have a sedentary job but need to work on using my dailies - 29pp

Will update later xx

Ok so a good day all in all well so far .....

Friday 17th

B - poached egg 2pp, ww toast x 2 2 pp

L - ww wrap 3pp, salad, Philly cheese and ham 1pp together as had very little, shared bag of wotsits 1pp

Tea - turkey meatballs 6pp, small amount rice 1tbsp 1pp

Snacks - apple, 2 x rich tea fingers 1pp

Still not eating enough pp though need to do a shop and buy some nice and healthy foo

Ok so not doing so well at filling this in as doing my paper tracker for class, the ww online thing so this would be diary no 3 not sure I can keep all this up.

Anyway had good weekend and Monday so far only indiscretion was fajitas on sat night but haven't touched my weeklies so should be ok?And heck it was planned and I didn't eat all the wraps or cheese etc?

Kept the points low yesterday and today just in case and here's to a good loss tomorrow.

As luck would have it am meeting someone for lunch at wagamamas this week nothing for ages then as soon as I started this diet too many invitations aaaarrggghhhhh.

Off to research the menu and see if there are any low pp dishes.

Xx

flutter-by-us said:
Ok so not doing so well at filling this in as doing my paper tracker for class, the ww online thing so this would be diary no 3 not sure I can keep all this up.

Anyway had good weekend and Monday so far only indiscretion was fajitas on sat night but haven't touched my weeklies so should be ok?And heck it was planned and I didn't eat all the wraps or cheese etc?

Kept the points low yesterday and today just in case and here's to a good loss tomorrow.

As luck would have it am meeting someone for lunch at wagamamas this week nothing for ages then as soon as I started this diet too many invitations aaaarrggghhhhh.

Off to research the menu and see if there are any low pp dishes.

Xx

Would be interested if you do.

Well sts on week 2 is not good I don't think so I'm a bit unhappy. I've been good all week, limited crisps, no chocolate etc so on reflection -
Am i eating enough apart from 1 day I never eat my pro points allowance
Could be catch up from fajitas on Sat night though it would only have been 6 pp off weeklies

On low carb I consistently lost every week (every day actually) so am a bit down but couldn't keep low carb as its not great for fitting in with family life.

Solutions
Eat more ie eat my pp allowance every day
Lose some of the empty carbs
Start 30 day shred

How does that sound?

Xx

Hi,

I am due to join ww class tonight, I have lost 3 st with slimming world but I feel I am stuck so trying to give my weight loss a boost and try ww.

Will keep popping into your diary for hints and tips!

Hope you have a good food week.

Hi cat lover thanks for popping in though I'm having a crisis of confidence after a sts only at week 2!.

Good luck I really enjoy the diet so hopefully you will too.

Xx

So sts - pah

B - 1 x slice whole meal toast 2pp, half flora portion 1pp

L - tesco prawn pasta salad 6pp, few crisps, 2x salmon appetiser things, small piece chicken 4pp

D - pitta bread 4pp, low fat houmous 2pp, cherry toms, quarter apple, 1 x strawberry

So total so far 20 .......

Also had pack of monster munch 3pp

Any ideas folks on how I can eat some more good quality calories?

Also did day 1 of 30 day shred forgotten what a killer it is to start with but boy is it worth it!

Xx

Last edited:
Wednesday 22nd February

Gave up yesterday trying to eat my points ok could have had pancake or toast etc but why as they're still empty calories. My plan to eat more at mealtimes including more protein and retain 1 or 2 pp for evening and/or nibbles that I may have during the day but don't point.

No weeklies needed unless I have take away or treat but want to do well on diet first and see some change.

No food so far today as can't eat until after my first inch loss treatment v excited about this and hope that results will be longer lasting as am following diet and exercise programme but jeez did my appointment have to be @ 2pm still 4 hours til I can eat!
Xx

So day 2 of shred done and had my inch loss treatment not measuring until end of all my treatments but jacket seemed looser?

So far chicken noodle shaker from tesco .... 6pp.

Will have some tea once girls are in bed.

Xx

Okay

Thursday 23rd February

Again had my inch loss treatment so no food for me until lunchtime then
aaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhh
went to Wagamamas and after looking online I probably went for the absolutely, fatally rubbish worst choice ever!

Whatever it was works out at 34 points and ok I didn't eat it all but really that's mad!

So 34pp for no 43 at Wagamamas (AVOID AVOID AVOID)

And nowt else for me - well I'll have a piece of fruit and maybe a millionaires bite 2pp but that's it!

Day 3 of shred completed - OUCH

Oh and weighed on my home scales and am HALF A STONE LESS than official ww scales - am going to monitor and if I lose on mine I should be losing at weigh in.

hey hun, i don't know much as i'm in first week of ww.. but could it be the bread? as you have alot bread, pittas, wraps etc) might help if you spend less pp on bread and more on bigger portions of meat and pots /pasta etc at meal times? and should help you use your daily allowance better.

xx

FernXx said:
hey hun, i don't know much as i'm in first week of ww.. but could it be the bread? as you have alot bread, pittas, wraps etc) might help if you spend less pp on bread and more on bigger portions of meat and pots /pasta etc at meal times? and should help you use your daily allowance better.

xx

Hi thanks hun hope you're enjoying ww and doing great.
Crikey I hope its not as I spent months doing atkins avoiding all carbs, lost weight and then put it all back on after I started over eating normal foods so here I am trying to find a 'normal' diet so I can eat normal things but be a healthy size! Would it be a bread thing or a carb thing I'm wondering. I thought if I stayed within allowance which I have that would be enough?
Maybe I should monitor pro points, cals and carbs and try and get a balance.
I guess I read other people's diaries and they eat fruit, bread, carbs etc and lose well and I think well why can't I do that?

A new day for me .....

Xxx

Hi sweetie, you just don't seem to be eating very much, maybe try bigger breakfasts? in stead of just one slice of toast why not have 2 breakfasts, a slice of toast and a piece of fruit and then maybe mid morning have a cereal bars and some fruit or maybe a yogurt?

I know I'm alot bigger than you, I go through cycles of starvation and binge eating, so I know what your talking about.

This may sound harsh and I obviously don't know the reasons why this may be the case, but a pitta bread and a bit of houmous isn't alot for a dinner when you have more than half you daily point's remaining, it's not substantial enough when you haven't eaten much the rest of the day. you may of had a sts because your body isn't getting enough energy sweetie.

are you scared of eating your points?

Do you plan you meals? if you don't I would suggest maybe trying it. I tend to find my days of binge starvation happen on days when I don't plan.

Sorry I can't really offer much advice hun

xx

Hi sweetie, you just don't seem to be eating very much, maybe try bigger breakfasts? in stead of just one slice of toast why not have 2 breakfasts, a slice of toast and a piece of fruit and then maybe mid morning have a cereal bars and some fruit or maybe a yogurt?

I know I'm alot bigger than you, I go through cycles of starvation and binge eating, so I know what your talking about.

This may sound harsh and I obviously don't know the reasons why this may be the case, but a pitta bread and a bit of houmous isn't alot for a dinner when you have more than half you daily point's remaining, it's not substantial enough when you haven't eaten much the rest of the day. you may of had a sts because your body isn't getting enough energy sweetie.

are you scared of eating your points?

Do you plan you meals? if you don't I would suggest maybe trying it. I tend to find my days of binge starvation happen on days when I don't plan.

Sorry I can't really offer much advice hun

xx

Thanks for taking the time to reply and I think you're right and don't be scared to be direct with me! I don't plan particularly well and am probably still getting used to points so thinking I'm eating more points than I actually am and then don't want to simply eat stuff to use up points. Also scared to eat points in case I'm eating too much and thinking if I haven't lost eating only small amount of points then obviously I can't eat very much at all!

Aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

As you say I need to eat more earlier in the day so that if all I fancy is something light I'm not miles off my points total.

Thanks hun hope you're having a great day! :)

xx

Thanks for taking the time to reply and I think you're right and don't be scared to be direct with me! I don't plan particularly well and am probably still getting used to points so thinking I'm eating more points than I actually am and then don't want to simply eat stuff to use up points. Also scared to eat points in case I'm eating too much and thinking if I haven't lost eating only small amount of points then obviously I can't eat very much at all!

Aaaarrrggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

As you say I need to eat more earlier in the day so that if all I fancy is something light I'm not miles off my points total.

Thanks hun hope you're having a great day! :)

xx

your welcome sweetie! try thinking of it this way, isn't it better to go over by 3 points everday and lose a pound than to not eat enough and sts every week?

if you go over, you can burn it off, whereas if you constantly eat under it won't show up till weigh in! :)

I have to admit, i didn't think you were eating very much either :( i am a serial binger too.. its a nasty cycle. Im hoping that ww and the weeklies will help me avoid my 'weigh day binge' that i have, every single week.. with sw.

for me, i love bread.. but if im having pitta/wraps/bread for one meal, i wouldn't have it again? i like to keep variety.. so wouldnt have pasta/chicken twice for example.. but i know bread is my no.1 issue when it comes to unexplained gains/sts xxxx

your welcome sweetie! try thinking of it this way, isn't it better to go over by 3 points everday and lose a pound than to not eat enough and sts every week?

if you go over, you can burn it off, whereas if you constantly eat under it won't show up till weigh in! :)

I like that thinking Princess - it makes total sense I just have to trust the system eat all my points, make up some activity ones and keep everything crossed! xx

I have to admit, i didn't think you were eating very much either :( i am a serial binger too.. its a nasty cycle. Im hoping that ww and the weeklies will help me avoid my 'weigh day binge' that i have, every single week.. with sw.

for me, i love bread.. but if im having pitta/wraps/bread for one meal, i wouldn't have it again? i like to keep variety.. so wouldnt have pasta/chicken twice for example.. but i know bread is my no.1 issue when it comes to unexplained gains/sts xxxx

Hi Fern I think it's ease that makes me have slice of toast for brekkie and sandwich for lunch as it keeps well in the car when I'm at work (I am mostly in the car during the day). Just not sure if say I have porridge or weetabix for breakfast how different that is to bread given all are quite high in carbs and all would keep me full until lunch anyway. When I looked back on my first week I still ate a lot of bread etc and lost 5.5lbs and I know first weigh ins are always good but wouldn't have thought it would have been that much if bread was going to be an issue - could have caught up with me I guess!

Anyway planning, organisation and remembering to shop would be good and having the time to make different meals for me, kids, hubby etc etc (sigh) ;)

Hope you're having a great day

xxx

Hi hunny :)

I would try to banish everything you've done on other plans before and try to look at WW with fresh eyes. Try not to think about protein carbs etc just for now and stick to just pointing your food. I can have 6 pieces of bread per day and still lose as long as I am in my allowance. It's easier when you're busy to grab a sandwich and ww understands that, that's why ProPoints is so flexible.

It may not be the same for everybody obvs, but just give it a whirl for one week, have all your dailies and your weeklies without thinking too much about protein and carbs etc and just see what happens. I could be wrong but its worth a try! Good luck xx

Hi hunny :)

I would try to banish everything you've done on other plans before and try to look at WW with fresh eyes. Try not to think about protein carbs etc just for now and stick to just pointing your food. I can have 6 pieces of bread per day and still lose as long as I am in my allowance. It's easier when you're busy to grab a sandwich and ww understands that, that's why ProPoints is so flexible.

It may not be the same for everybody obvs, but just give it a whirl for one week, have all your dailies and your weeklies without thinking too much about protein and carbs etc and just see what happens. I could be wrong but its worth a try! Good luck xx

Hi Kelly xx
Oh I'm well jealous over 6 pieces of bread and still losing!
This makes total sense too it's definitely worth a shot and what's to lose apart from a pound or 2 or 3 (please!)

Will have to to reset the brain somewhat but will keep going til wi on Tuesday then do a week of eating all my points (it should be 28 now according to esourse thingie) probably won't eat my weeklies unless I need to but first objective eat my dailies!

Such a lovely bunch of very sensible people - thank you xxxx

I agree with you karra (love the name, it's my daughters name too), that's why I love weight watchers you dont have to count calories, watch carbs or anything!! You can basically eat any food within reason. I really don't think you are eating enough, your probably starving yourself a little. Just make sure you eat all 29 pp a day at least you don't have to use your weeklies, but they are always handy, and you can use them and you will still lose. Just forget all previous diets, weight watchers is s long term lifestyle change and is the most doable weight loss program ive ever done :D Xox

Back