Extra Easy Oops! I ve not been doing properly

faye cheshire

Silver Member
I have never really got to grips with the 1/3 of a plate superfood thing. I ve just read a question on it and can see that i am going wrong. I need to put more veg in stews curries etc nd when it s appropriate more veg /salad on 1/3 of my plate. Also must eat more fruit.

No wonder ny loss is so slow
Back to the drawing board as they say:whip:

Yes I struggle to get to grips with this too.

I'm normally quite good, and I've started just chucking a salad on my plate with my dinner. But sometimes it's difficult to do, like breakfast. How can you make porridge/fry up/toast etc with having 1/3 plate of super food.. it's easy to overlook this rule :(

I am glad it s not jus me. I can eat salad with curry bolognaise etc. Guess fruit would go with porridge. Fry uo is a prob. Beans are good tho and tomatoes. I like spinach with srambled egg.
If u read this could you advise me as to whether i should change my 5 year old starter pack and directory. Thanks

Faye x

I find it super easy getting 1/3rd speed, and usually end up having more! You just need to get to grips with what to have with what.

SO, if I'm having porridge or overnight oats, frozen berries are a great thing to keep in the freezer. Chuck a handful in and done! No messing! Or fresh berries if you prefer, although I like the tang of the frozen ones :)
Fry ups, you can add tinned tomatoes, mushrooms or spinach. Things like that. My favourite breakfast that I have a lot is Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Tinned Plum Tomatoes and Mushrooms.
If you're having toast, just have a few pieces of fruit with it as long as it's speed fruit. So, apple, satsumas, plums, nectarines, strawberries, etc etc.

When I did SW before I would have a side salad with EVER meal, even if I already had a 3rd speed food and it worked like a charm, but I've not done that this time.

If you're making curries or bolognese/chilli, anything with a sauce really, add celery and grated carrot, its all classed as speed but it kind of just dissolves into the sauces so you're getting the speed without realising it and carrots are so cheap. I add them to everything.

You just have to be a bit creative and eventually it will all come natural and you will find yourself finding new ways to add speed to food! :)

Hope this helps xxxxxxx

This is what I'm going to try and do too. I find being a veggie I fill up on spuds, rice and pasta and not enough speed. So these trips will help thanks. I have a question too, I don't go to group anymore but I know they have changed it from red and green days to extra easy but I still follow green as it works for me. Well my question is do you know am I still allowed 2 hex A's and 2 hex b's ? It seems to work ok but just wondered if it's still ok?

My book says one of each. Does being veggie change this tho. The plan has meat for protien maybe you have soya quorn etc to make up for it

It used to be two of each which did work for me. But then I'm a slow loser so maybe thats why? I might have to ease myself into cutting down lol I'm a bit of a bread and cereal lover ;)

Back