Oopsie Rolls.....with a difference

dukannotsofatty

Gold Member
I have tried to find the original recipe for these oopsie rolls, I know one was started on Dukan a few months ago, but hey ho, this is the recipe for any new people that are interested.

I made a batch today but added sweetner and vanilla instead of herbs and spices. Very tasty.

You need:
6 egg whites in one bowl
6 egg yolks in another bowl
pinch of cream of tartar
6oz quark
Add herbs or spices or sweetner and flavourings.
Oven on at gas mark 3
I MAKE THESE 1 / 1 So for every egg, its 1oz quark.

• Eqq whites in one bowl with the cream of tartar
  • Whisk until ultra fluffy (until stiff peaks form!)
  • Then go to your next bowl with egg yolks and add 6oz cream cheese
  • Do NOT whisk them, stir vigiurously with a fork, dont worry if there are lumps of quark in there becuase the less liquidiesd they are, the more fluffy the oopsies will turn out
  • Now add the yolky mix to the whites but pour in gently. Fold the mixture together (DO NOT beat, whisk or mix vigourously). Lightly turn the yellow into the whites remembering to scoop up the yellow from the bottom over the top and into the whites. If you break down the whites you will have runny oopsies and although they taste the same, they lose their appeal
  • Once folded, use a large spoon to place on a large non stick baking sheet/tray. Baking sheets cost £1.99 form Morrisons and nothing ever ever ever sticks - promise you that
  • Bake on the top shelf for 25 minutes on gas mark 3 160C. The smell when they are cooking is divine, let me tell you that.
  • Near the end of cooking I turn them over, so both sides get a bit crispy.

If they join together just tear apart when cooled. I usually put it on a wire rack becuase if you leave to cool on the tray, it goes soggy.
Once cooled I wrap in kitchen towel and please dont put them ina plastic container as they go soggy and stick together. They keep for up to 2-3 days like this and never stick!
I have them both sweet and savoury (taste lovely toasted with butter) (I never saw this in the original recipe, LOL, so could have had them sweet all along)

NOTE TO HELP: I rarely to the quantities above, but its worth noting that all the ingredients are divisible by 6, so 1 egg with 1oz quark is a good ratio.

Last edited:
will try thanks

The "creamed cheese" you mention, is I presume the extra lite philly? 6oz would be quite a few tolerateds so I guess this would be to eat over several days, and eat no other tolerated ingredients those days... Very tempting!!

No its quark.

I've always used quark onthis recipe. Its so adaptable with the herbs or sweetner.

Thanks for pointing it out, I'll change it.

Just went to change it and it already says Quark next to the words cream cheese.....so ok thankfully

Last edited:
in the recipe itself, it mentions cream cheese, and philly, so that's why I queried it. You know how some people might throw a pot of philly in!

in the recipe itself, it mentions cream cheese, and philly, so that's why I queried it. You know how some people might throw a pot of philly in!

Ah yes I see what you mean. Thats cos it was a copy of a copy from when i found it online and put in my word file. Will change it, as you say we don't want any slip ups. its originally a SW recipe I think, so no doubt philly ok on that diet. Thanks Jo.

I've kept mine in freezer bag in fridge and they haven't stuck, will try keeping them in kitchen roll too as easier on the environment :)
Adding almond flavouring and sweetener and leaving till quite crispy = Dukan almond croissant! :D

Back