optifast???

Well I have bought 1 box of Optifast and will commence in the morning!

Hoping to work it like this;
175 g of natural low fat yoghurt - 80 cals
shake - 151
shake - 151
celery - 40
protein bar - 140
apple - 60
black coffees - 20
high protein dinner - 200 cals

So about 840 cals a day in total. The dress I want to wear to the wedding fits now so I'm not under a lot of stress but in general would like to be back to my comfortable weight of 66kg's by 20th of July. Would just like to be good going back to visit feeling slimmer than now. Currently 7kg's over goal.

Bren
X

Well today has been;
175 g of natural low fat yoghurt - 80 cals - YES
shake - 151 - YES
shake - 151 - YES
celery - 40 -
protein bar - 140 YES
apple - 60
black coffees - 20 YES
high protein dinner - 200 cals YES

I HAVE ALSO HAS 2 CRACKERS WITH CHEESE AND MIGHT HAVE 40 CAL HOT CHOC LATER.

Feeling good.

Bren
X

Did it last year 2009 and lost 15kgs (33.1 pounds) in just over 8 weeks and that was only doing it at about 65%. So am starting it again. :eek:

I am starting out on Optifast today, i would prefer to do CD, but optifast is so much more readily available down here.

I believe its very similar, as are most VLCDs, contains all the RDA of vits/mins and safe levels of protein etc.

Here goes...

I have just started using Optifast too. I live in Australia, and thought about CD, but Optifast is far easier to get hold of. I have tried it before (a year ago), but only lasted for four days before I stopped. We had moved to Australia from the UK just a few weeks before, and having two small children and pretty much no support around me I found it incredibly hard to keep motivated. This time however, I have a group of friends, who can help to keep me motivated.

I have my in laws coming out to visit in just under 12 weeks, so I am hoping to lose a bit of weight by that time. I am going to be some days using optifast twice and then a small carb free meal, and some days having my three shakes, and my veggies made in to soup. This suits our family life far better than abstaining completely. It means that I can eat with the children on some days, and will hopefully also have the energy to do some running and weights exercise.

Day two today, and so far so good. Fed up with water already (especially since it is so cold) but I'm sure I'll get used to it.

A quick update. In my first week on the Optifast I lost 4kg exactly, which equates to 8.8lb. I am absolutely thrilled with that, and it has kept me motivated to stick with it. I am having either a homemade soup or small carb free dinner, and I find that that suits fine. The only thing that I am having trouble with at the moment is drinking enough water. It is winter here, and is absolutely freezing, so the thought of drinking cold water does not appeal at all! I have been better today though.

Back