Orchid's Diary

Discussion in 'Atkins Diet - Diaries' started by orchid74, 14 April 2014.

1. orchid74

orchid74 Well-Known Member

It's been a while since i've been on here. Last time I was frantically trying to lose weight to meet the required criteria for IVF via the NHS. I was allowed one go funded by the nhs.... I got to within 3/4 of a stone of the weight required and sadly didn't get my chance as I had reached the cut off age of 39. That is something I have to live with and I suppose since I lost last chance, dieting by any means completely went out the window. I blame myself big style and i suppose lately I have been comfort eating but i've had a huge word with myself and it's about time I kicked myself up the ass and got on with life, which includes losing all this weight once & for all.

I changed my eating to Lo-Carb last time I lost weight and had lost near on 3 stone. This way of eating suits me & I always feel better, more energy, healthier hair & skin, and just feel 'clean'.

So here I am, starting again and I am going to make this time count :)

Well my 1st day is nearly over and I have been extremely strict so far.

I am determined to do this :D
  2. athenagold

athenagold Carbs are Evil

Well done, keep up the great work :)
  3. orchid74

thankyou Athena :) How long have you been following low-carb?
  4. ladyfelsham

ladyfelsham Clean green leafy machine

Welcome back Orchid and well done for getting back on the wagon - it really sounds like low carb suits you.
  5. Sam_Dodd

Sam_Dodd Well-Known Member

Good luck!
  6. orchid74

Thanks everyone! :)

Well Day 4 of my 1st week today & i'me really chuffed with myself. I've not strayed once an i've been drinking plenty of water.

Looking forward to my dinner this evening......bellydraft (belly pork) with savoy cabbage and cauliflower :)

I think that once the 1st week is over, I will have settled into it ok. At the moment i'm just going day by day to achieve my 1st week
  7. athenagold

Glad you are doing well, keep up the good work :)
  8. orchid74

Day 6 and i'm still going lol! Have been extremely strict and I am looking forward to my 1st weigh in on Monday :)

Cooking a lamb joint at the moment along with savoy cabage and cauliflower........can't wait, i'm starving lol!
  9. orchid74

Well Day 7 and i've conquered my 1st week :)

Weighed myself this morning and i've lost 6lbs !!! Very pleased with that :D

Now onwards and upwards with Week 2!!
  10. LVLLM

LVLLM Well-Known Member

Well done. And welcome back. Sorry to hear about the ivf x
  11. athenagold

Well done on the loss, hope you've had a great weekend.
  12. Kat1e

Kat1e This is for life

Well done on your loss!
  13. Goldilukes

Goldilukes Well-Known Member

Welcome back (subscribing) sorry to hear of the IVF :( but great news on the 6lb off :)