Original Original Day curry Ideas

tinks_88

Hey Girls, wondering if anyone can help me out with some recipe ideas? I'm not going out this weekend but really fancy treating my self to an indian (SW style not take away) any one got any indian recipes they could share - preferably low syn or no-syn - thanks :)

Have you had a look at the recipe thread? There's a good one for chicken dopiaza on there.
I just fry light onions, garlic, ginger, cumin and coriander, add a tin of tomatoes and simmer for a while. You can then blitz it if you like it smooth or leave it chunky and add in whatever meat or fish you want to use.

lamb kebabs are yummy too - get lean lamb mince and mix with grated onion and cumin and coriander. Form into patties and then chill. Fry in fry light and serve with a yoghurt dip.

both free on red.

Or this one:

Keema Curry & Cauli 'Rice'

450g lean minced lamb
1 large onion, chopped
2 garlic cloves, chopped
2.5cm piece fresh root ginger, peeled and grated
1 fresh green chilli, seeded and finely chopped
2 tbsp Patak tikka masala curry paste (2 syns)*
2 tbsp tomato puree (1 syn)
assorted mix veg to your liking (I used grated carrot, grated courgette, mushrooms and orange pepper)
350ml lamb stock
1 tbsp lemon juice
large handful of roughly chopped coriander
salt & pepper
1 head cauliflower
1 tsp black mustard seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
2 cardamom pods, lightly crushed

1. Brown the lamb in a large pan without adding any oil. Fry over a medium heat for 5-6 mins until well browned, stirring frequently to break up larger pieces. Remove from the pan and strain into a colander/sieve - set aside.

2. Wipe out the pan and spray with Frylight. When hot, add the onion and cook for 10 mins over a low heat, stirring occasionally, until soft and translucent. Add a little boiling water if it starts to stick to the pan. Add the garlic, ginger, chilli and curry paste and cook for 2 more mins, stirring all the time. Return the meat to the pan, add the tomato puree and vegetables and stir until well mixed.

3. Pour in the stock, stir again, then reduce the heat, cover and simmer gently for 45 mins. Remove the lid and cook for a further 5-10 mins or until the meat is very tender and the sauce is thick.

4. Add the lemon juice and simmer for 3 mins. Stir in most of the coriander, reserving a small amount for garnish. Season to taste with salt & pepper.

For the 'rice':

Grate a cauliflower and put into a microwaveable dish with a lid. Add the mustard & cumin seeds and cardomom pods and some salt & pepper. Cover and microwave for 5 mins. Remove cardomom pods and sprinkle with lemon juice.

*If you're using a lot of vegetables then you may want to add and extra tbsp of curry paste just to boost the flavour.

Back