Orlando Holiday

nicohna

Hi guys!
This is my first post and I wanted to make it count (as I can't seem to find the info I need).

I'm going on holiday to Orlando, Florida in May 2014 for three weeks, yes, THREE Weeks! Whilst I'm looking forward to it, it will be my first time in any part of the USA so I don't really know what to expect. I know that we will be eating out every night as the hotel room doesn't have the facilities for me to stand and cook dinner. And let's face it, why would I want to!?

By May 2014 I hope to have lost a total of 3 stone (1st 7lbs to go) but I don't want to put it all back on again. I know it will be hard with all the amazing American foods (that are bad for you) and the fact that my OH could eat everything in Walmart and not weigh a lb heavier. I know if I be the best I can all day then hopefully eating out won't do too much damage, especially if I opt for salad instead of chips.

I was hoping that anyone that's been in my position or anyone that lives in the USA could give me a few pointers on what cereal, bread, cold meats etc I could buy and what the selection of fruit and veg is like at a Walmart store. I've been on their website and am baffled as I know none of their brand names! If anyone even has a shopping list I could print out and take that would be amazing!

Hi nicohna. I'm going to Florida at the start of October and I'm also starting to worry about food etc. while I'm over there. I'm starting do do a bit of research into good options at the big restaurant chains for breakfast and dinner (made even more difficult for me since I don't eat meat!). We'll eat out a lot so I know I won't stay on plan but I'm that with all the walking I'll do round the parks and the swimming at the water parks and in our private pool together with the basic SW principles of making wise choices and filling up on superfree that I won't do too much damage....

If I remember, I'll try and drop you some information when I get back x

Lots of the restaurants do low carb meals which could be sw friendly, I imagine that most places will be helpful. Checkout restaurants and their menus before you go so you can plan. Ponderosa is great for good cheap breakfasts, lots of bacon, yogurts, fruit etc, Cracker Barrel is fabulous food, Bob Evans is good for breakfast and evening meals, Denny's, Outback steak house is fantastic, Olive Garden is good Italian style food, Mannys does a great steak and sweet potato dinner. It will be harder in the parks but we always have a big breakfast and then eat again in the evening. Good luck but make sure you enjoy your holiday........

Back