Orlistat Journey

Isnt it funny how attitudes towards ourselves change. Ive always won big long baggy tops but now, even though I still have a way to go Im going for shorter more fitted ones that do highlight things like my newly found waist and much better looking bust lol I think a lot of it is a confidence thing, Im heavier than I was the year my brother got married but my weight was on the up then, so I was hiding more, now I know Im in control and its on the way down my confidence is much higher.

Ive kept one of my pre WW skirts and tops and OMG you should see me in them now :rotflmao:

Hi all

Ive just read this whole post and found it very encouraging thankyou all. I have been taking xenical now for just over two weeks I have had no side effects as Im keeping to the guidelines of what to eat etc. At first I didnt think they were working because of no side effects but i feel lighter healthier less tired. I have also been doing exercise each day not a great deal but just something to get my heart rate going. I replaced my munchies with fruit and celery sticks I also find when hungry on the night time if desperate I will have a low fat chicken noodle cup of soup it really does fill the hole and theres only 41kcals in it. My downfall is chewy sweets that i buy for my son but even then i only have two or three :eek: thats somethin I will have to stop hehe.....I originally lost 9lb without the xenical thats when my gp decided to prescribe them to me.

I will be going to gp in 12 days to get weighed again fingers crossed I have lost some because that will keep me on the straight and narrow I will let you all know how i get on :rolleyes:

Thanks for reading Emm xxxx

No chance! Go and put on one of your old tops, then see how you feel about the new you!

From the person I've read on here you're a strong, positive woman with a wealth of knowledge and compasion. It may not be who you see, but it's who we see. Not 'fat', never again 'fat', now it's only 'fabulous'!

Bunny x
Thank you for that.

I think we sometimes struggle to see what other people see. I have to look back at the photo's to remember how I was. I know I'm not as big as I was but I still have so far to go

Hello Fruity!

I don't know how to PM, so I'm posting this here. I'm so excited to meet my very first Orlistat Buddy!

If one of you lovely ladies will enlighten me I'll PM you my email address and we can chat in real time. :)

Bunny x

Hi Bunny! Am dead chuffed to have found this thread on here, as I've been searching on internet for ages for people's personal experiences of orlistat and found nothing!

I got prescribed it on Wed, as I've lost 28lb since feb, but it's slowed down a bit recently, and i want to get my BMI down as low as poss, as I'm having surgery toward the end of the year.

This is only my 2nd day of taking it, and I've had no bad experiences so far (touch wood). It really is making me pay more attention to what I'm eating tho, so hopefully I'll see results soon!:)

You're doin absolutely brilliant by the way!:D

Hello!

Well the birthday's here and the BBQ's this afternoon, but I'm not stressed, just relaxing and thinking good thoughts.

Been a great week, cooking for everyone and then plating up smaller portions for me with mega veg and salad to bulk it out. :)

Jeans are now an issue as I look silly with the bum hanging at my knees!

Will update and catch up when I head home.

Happy weekend!

Bunny x

Well done on your weight loss Bunny.
I have been on Orlistat for a week and just started WW alongside - Fingers crossed that this combination will work for me.

Hello all,

Thank you to Taz who pointed me in the direction of this thread. I am so pleased to see a few other people taking Orlistat! I got it from Boots last Friday and, so far, no side effects. However, I'm so terrified of the side effects that I am only eating fruit, veg, salad, a bit of chicken and some Cambridge sachets! The lady in Boots said it works to 'discipline' you when you have no self-discipline!! This is certainly true. The dread of humiliation is far more powerful than the urge to eat some chocolate or crisps.

I hope you are all still doing well and I look forward to reading your posts and following your progress :)

Best wishes
Suzanne x

I wish I was brave enough to try them. I know they don't work for everyone but I really could do with a boost right now

You have done really well - 51 lbs - wow! You could try the Xenical - you can always stop taking them if you don't like it. It's like having a strict headmisstress sitting on your shoulder! Every time I've gone to have something naughty I get a jolt and think 'no way' !!! Long may it last :)

Before I started on SW I asked my doctor for Xenical and they said no. When I started losing the weight without them I decided I didn't need them afterall. Now I think it would be good to have a little extra help but with my job would probably be too risky if I got caught short!

I've been on orlistat since last Thursday and have had no side effects whatsoever. I've been terrified to eat anything too fatty though. I'd lost 2lb by Monday, and that was without doing any exercise at all!

Hello!

Bloody Hell, a month ago I thought I was alone and here I am now in a gang 'massive' :)

Things are going great, I'm getting more inventive and adventurous with food. I've taken to 'creating' meals and serving them straight faced to the family. No-one's complaining. :)

I'm so happy so many others have found their way here. Orlistat is so poorly documented, you're thrown in at the deep end and told the horror stories, so far we're proof of the positive side. :)

I've nothing really to report on the progress, 4lb off last week, so that was a nice surprise after a week of party and festival food. I did have one 'cheat' day, when I nibbled on red meat. I didn't have the runs the next day, but I did have a rather nasty brown oil slick in the toilet bowl the next morning, a SOUND warning to be more disciplined!

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in swapping meal tips?

Great going Orli-buddies, keep it up!

Bunny x

Hi all. Thank god i found this site. I started Orlistat on Tuesday and seem to have lost 3lbs so far. I am sticking to weight watchers but last night missed on a pill as i went to a curry house after i'd seen my friend (whos dying of leukemia) i just didnt want to go home to be honest.
I havent had any loose bowel movements although i have been petrified that i would mainly on the way to work.
I was thinking of setting up an MSN group for orlistat if anyone is interested so that we can swap ideas and woes etc? as there isnt much info at all!
I must admit i am more regular now as I used to be consitpated but i go about 6 times a day at the moment which is good!!
xx

Hi to everyone in this thread. I am really pleased to have found others that are taking Orlistat. I am just starting on my Orlistat journey having been prescribed it yesterday after going to my GP feeling "at the end of my tether" with weight loss issues. I have been following a low fat diet anyway but didnt seem to get very far and ended up very discouraged.
I havent as yet had any unpleasant side effects but its very early days so Im fingers crossed on that side of things. I do shift work and am a bit concerned about being caught short whilst working etc but my GP told me that providing I stick to low fat side effects shouldnt be too bad.
Looking forward to joining you guys on this journey and wishing all the best :)
xx

Hi H2S,

Your GP's totally right in my experience, it's not difficult to avoid foods you know will cause you embarrassment. :)

Just take it slowly and think positive, I promise it's easy and you'll be amazed.

Bunny x

Back