Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by clairex, 12 January 2010 Social URL.

1. clairex

clairex Silver Member

I heard about this, lots of people getting this off the NHS so it must be safe...anybody here on it? thoughts? :) xxxxx
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Spannerwanner

Spannerwanner technologically ignorant

Lighter Life
    You can get it in two forms:

Xenical - prescription only - supposed to make you lose an extra 2 lb for every 2 lbs you lose on a normal calories controlled diet.

Alli - over the counter at the chemist - says you lose an extra lb for every 2 lb you lose.

Since a prescription is cheaper than what they charge for Alli and Xenical is stronger I think it is the better option so long as you can get your GP to prescribe it.

I have used Xenical and it works very well but you do need to stick to the diet and avoid very fatty things or the side-effects are rather unpleasant. When I was over 20 stone I was dieting on about 1600 kcals a day and losing about 4 lb a week with Xenical.

There is a Xenical forum (and an Alli sub-forum) under Other Diet Options on this site. I would go and read some of the threads there as that will probably answer all your questions.
    Last edited: 23 January 2010
  4. clairex

clairex Silver Member

ahh thats brilliant - thanks so much xx
  5. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Weight Watchers
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.