(OT) Another angering article

I will succeed!!!
This week's Closer magazine - article about an 11 year old who's parents spoil with designer clobber and who want to encourage her to be a topless model.

I'm going to write in about this one - it's scary and sad and shows how young girls aspire to be 'rich and famous' for the wrong thing.

Read it!

Will add the link to it when find it online.

xxx

Sounds outragous. Topless modeling is degrading IMO, even worse when your encouraging your 11-year-old to make them think its a good way to earn a living! What decent parent would encourage their kid to go into that line of 'work'. And what 11-year-old needs designer clothing!? Im 25 and dont own any designer stuff!

Sounds outragous. Topless modeling is degrading IMO, even worse when your encouraging your 11-year-old to make them think its a good way to earn a living! What decent parent would encourage their kid to go into that line of 'work'. And what 11-year-old needs designer clothing!? Im 25 and dont own any designer stuff!

I know!

What upset me is they admit they spend up to half the family income on her and that they don't treat the youngest the same way. Apparently she 'kicks off' if she doesn't get what she wants. I'd have gotten grounded and a slap on the backside! lol

Shes 11, shes the family princess, why shouldnt she have what she wants? whats the harm in it? why does the youngest need to be treated the same? surely cos she kicks off its just easier to give her the stuff? at least she has dreams and an idea of what she wants to do with her life, little girls dont want to be nurses or teachers nowadays, its clearly not glamourous enough................ Im joking by the way!

What is the world coming to?! x

Surely encouraging your 11 year old to become a topless model is some form of chil abuse. 11 year old shouldnt even know about topless modelling, her parents have planned for her to be a sex symbol but she is still just a child, why would her parents want anyone to think of their daughter in that way even when she's older. This actually makes me feel sick.

If she wants to be famous, why dont they send her to dance, singing or acting classes in her spare time?

Gggrrrrr this has made me really mad!!!

Surely encouraging your 11 year old to become a topless model is some form of chil abuse. 11 year old shouldnt even know about topless modelling, her parents have planned for her to be a sex symbol but she is still just a child, why would her parents want anyone to think of their daughter in that way even when she's older. This actually makes me feel sick.

Totally agree with this statement.

Totally agree with this statement.

They let her watch the playboy mansion show and are looking into moving to the USA to 'help' her.

If you get to read the magazine you'll see why I want to write in. I felt sick reading it - I feel sorry for the kid. She might think designer gear and fake nails are the way to be special, but it's not. My folks didn't have much to give, but I wouldn't trade my sisters cast offs and having a loving, happy, CHILDhood for anything.

Jesus, thats totally shocking and extremely bad parenting.
Why can't they see what they are setting their daughter up for?!

what happens when she falls and scars herself or gets teenage acne and can't fufill her dreams will she become very depressed. Lots can happen between 11 and 18. The parents need to take a look at themselves.

That child will grow up to have some serious phsycological issues.

Also, what does o/t mean? I've seen it on a few posts now.

Eurgh, dont even get me started. really makes me sad when i hear stories like this.. its bad enough when they'r put in pagents and paraded around like a barbie doll, but to encorouge topless modelling. Don't get wrong, lots of girls have done it, and some like Jordan.. have made a lot of money from it, but thats thier choice and they'r grown woman.. in my heart i feel they could do better with themselves, but there you go. But this 11 year old girl. Really makes me mad :( grr! i just dont get parents sometimes!

O/T means off topic. It means anyone who doesn't want to read anything non-SW related they can avoid the thread.

I couldnt imagine ehre and reading JUST weigh loss threads. Would do my ehad in. OT is why i come here.

I agree that it's a form of child abuse, if they were my family I'd be calling child services I'm afraid! Life was so much easier before the 'celeb' culture came around...and to think my careers teacher laughed when I said I wanted to be a singer!

Im suprised the child services havent already had a chat with this family.

Omg that's terrible. That poor girl. She might be loving all the designer gear and attention now but wait until she gets unwanted attention from a gropey drunk bloke at a club or dodgy photographer... Things could easily get out of hand. I think they definitely need a visit from social services!! Please!!! What if she goes through puberty, her boobs don't grow to what the parents "want" will they force a boob job on her? And there's the greasy hair and acne she'll maybe get. Ugh poor child, I can imagine she's going to be one depressed adult with a distorted view of the world and how it works... xxx

Omg that's terrible. That poor girl. She might be loving all the designer gear and attention now but wait until she gets unwanted attention from a gropey drunk bloke at a club or dodgy photographer... Things could easily get out of hand. I think they definitely need a visit from social services!! Please!!! What if she goes through puberty, her boobs don't grow to what the parents "want" will they force a boob job on her? And there's the greasy hair and acne she'll maybe get. Ugh poor child, I can imagine she's going to be one depressed adult with a distorted view of the world and how it works... xxx

Her mum has 'promised' her a boob job at 18 if they dont get big...sigh

Is there a Social Worker in the house? This family need quite a bit of help I think. If the child chooses this career path then thats fine at a later age but for her parents to be grooming her for it at 11 I feel is wrong - to me they are no better than pimps, and to make things like this public in the press is disgusting and the press should know better than to give it space. That child has got to go back to school in September and face her friends and teachers, why don't people think more about the implications of their actions.

Ive just read this article now and i think its horrendous, how can her mum do this to her?

I have a feeling the mum is pushing her dreams aand aspirations upon her daughter and living her fantasty out through her - its totally sick IMO.

I think its also horrific how she states ''we cant treat our other daughter the same and buy her designer clothes but she doesnt mind'' How the hell does this insane women know what impact this will have on the younger daughter in future?? Surely she will grow up resting her mum and older sister for being 'left out' when she was a child.

I just think that this woman needs reporting to social services because as far as i am concerned she is as bad as these sicko's who sell their children into sex/peadophile rings :mad:

Back