OT ... Loo question for Turkey fans!

JanD

maintaining since June'09
DH has asked me to ask - what are the loos like .... dunno where that came from :eek: - I think he might be wondering whether it's the same as Greece whereby you can't put the paper down the loos, you have to put it in a bin. I don't know why he needs to know this before we go ... but hey .... :) xx

Yep you put paper in bin in turkey too xx

Also Jan, you will find that the majority are the standy up ones!!!!! But, there is usually one "British sid down one" as well, usually! Not sure about you, but I cant get used the stand up ones, even although I know they are more hygenic!

Thanks peeps .... No Iris - I'm not a fan of wet feet either LOL! I shall take a cork out with me :):) xx

Jan, one great thing about Turkey, which I didnt find out for a few years, but when you are doing your business on the loo, there is a wee wheel next to it, this squirts out a jet of water, just be carefull not to turn it on too much or you will get drowned lol.........anyway, with using the wee wheel, it cleans you, so therefore you are only using the paper to dry yourself.

I love it, especially after a Vindaloo.........lol.

Thanks for that Mary (I think :eek:) ... I'm assuming when you say 'wee' you mean 'little' please God! :):):) xx

:rotflmao: you ladies!!!!

I duno if its different cuz we stayed in a hotel but we just flushed it down the loo .....

Now i feel left out - im guna go google image a stand up turkish toilet!!!!!

haha so you just like crouch down over it?!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

• turkish_toilet.jpg
    turkish_toilet.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 42
I used to think you crouched too, as it was always messy when I seen them, obviously these were public toilets, but when we went to our Turkish friends house 2 years ago (must be posh, they have Turkish toilet and Tourist toilet as he calls it) he showed us around the house, and the Turkish loo was spotless. Being the nosey cow I am then, I proceeded to ask him about when he was doing his business etc.......he laughed when he told me that they actually sit on it when doing their business, and I can understand it now.

Obviously I wouldnt sit on a public one though.

Jeez ladies, we sure get onto some subjects here huh?

So where is the wheel on that pic Mary? Buggered if I can see one ??!! And YES - we do get on some weird subjects .... great tho' inni'?!!! :):):) xx

The wheel is on the normal toilets Jan, not the Turkish toilets. Just a little wheel to the side of the pan, usually on the wall.

Make sure you get the aim right though :8855::8855:

LOL! I'm looking forward to seeing the 'wheel' of fortune ;):):)

:8855: @ Tanya!!! Looks identical to the one in our holiday home!!! Thankfully we have a British one as well!! hahaha.....

Mary, wheel???? I didnt even know about the wheel, but then again I have never used the loo, so havent looked closely ;)

Back