New Start New me!

martine125

I wasn't sure whether to post or not as I have failed many times over the past few years at different attempts to lose weight. I didn't want this to be another 2 or 3 day stint then fail.
But I have survived the dreaded first week (almost) and am on day 6 of plan.
I have survived the dreaded weekend, the source of many a downfall for me.
So what's different this time? Honest answer coming up. I recently (10 days ago) took an easyjet flight and was the most uncomfortable t I have ever been on a plane.
My panic started before I had even sat down as I looked at the seatbelt. Would it fit? I have never asked myself that question before but at 19st 11lbs!! the fear was on my mind. Even worse as I struggled to extend the belt to its furthest point and strained to get it to click, hubby sits down and has about 7 inches of free room easily on his belt.
First sweat over it clicked now I wasn't gonna move for the entire flight. 2nd panic, who was gonna sit next to me as I felt squished into the middle seat with the armrests wedged against me. Cue a normal 6ft guy to sit down.
So there I am now seat belt tight across me cannot sit back comfortably in seat and arms as near to the centre of my body as I can possibly get so as not to impose on the guy next to me!!
That was my moment, decision made that I couldn't go on like this and I had to do something about this weight. My Fear is having to ask for a seatbelt extension, that was my turning point in my mind, So came home from weekend on the Monday and started VLCD diet on the Wednesday and here I am.
Decided on the VLCD as I have so much to lose and having tried various diet routes in the past I know a pond a week wont cut it for me.
I have a holiday to Crete in September (end of) so have 13 weeks to lose 3-4 Stone. My aim is to remain on VLCD shakes and bars for as long as I can and then transfer to VLCD food/ketogenic plans. Once holiday done straight back on plans till Christmas.
I think I am going to try and keep a diary to keep me occupied and to keep me motivated as well.
So 3 shakes down, 4 litres of water drank and a happy smile on my face for positive weigh in tomorrow:)

Well weigh day is here aaannnddd 11bs off!! I am over the moon, ecstatic, cheesy grin on my face delighted. Started taking a screen shot of the scales as saw other people do that but didn't have one of start weight. Will try to attach it, never attempted that before lol. So I am now 265.6lbs but rounding up to 266, although that means I am a sneaky bit into the 18,s yeahhhh!!.
Time for a pint of water to celebrate and then off to work! IMG_20170627_074314.jpg

So good day today! 3 shakes and just over 4 litres water done. one bonus to being on the shakes I have a tidy house! Coming home from work and after walking the dog I find myself cleaning or hovering. Think if I do a room a night (only for about half an hour mind) then its a wee bit exercise as well and bonus no half a day house clean on my day off!
So going to go for a shower and pamper session now before bed keeps my mind off food lol x
Have even looked out and dusted off the Vibration plate machine that has been a clothes Horse for the past year!. Will start easy just 10 - 15 mins a day I think and build up gradually over the months. That's the plan anyway.x

Success day today on my last shake as I write and water which will take me up to 4 litres, probably squeeze in another 500 before bed.

Worked a bit later today so no half hour house tidy session for me but will still do 20 minutes vibration plate.

Couple people at work noticed I am not eating, but they have been quite supportive and not critical so makes a nice change.

Just made hubby and son a massive pasta bolognaise from slimming world recipes cant even say I was tempted lol. Normally I would have been drooling x Different mind set I think these days. Oh its early days I hear you say but I will take every day on plan as a success and celebrate it!!

Onwards and downwards!

Freezing here today and needed some extra coffees to heat me up! Did not succumb to food though so pleased with that. A bit of a funny mood day today, bit low and weepy in morning and quite lethargic as well. Brightened up later on though.
Think I have to blame some of it on hormones as I am sure I am either pre menopausal or entering the full shabbung!! Age is not on my side, birthday in4 months and I will officially be nearer 50 than 40! Booo!!
Good water day today on 4.5 litres at moment will hit 5 by bedtime I'm sure.
I've had a notion for pickled onions today of all things I know they are very little cals but wonder if the vinegar will effect ketosis? Will do a wee bit of research and see.

That's a great mindset, stay here with us and you will be fine!

Thanks folks, been a couple days since on here, the dreaded weekend was upon me again! Well I have survived another weekend Yeahhh!!

I had a bit of a stumble on Saturday with me succumbing to 3 pieces of KFC boneless chicken mini fillets...... but instead of throwing in the towel I savoured every morsel and jumped straight back onto my shakes. I am only human I tell myself and I am not perfect and I will hit a few hurdles on this journey I think but I survived.
Many a time one meal off would have resulted in an all out binge and then a day, 2 days and so forth.

I feel this time that I can accept my mini failures and move on ( as long as not too many lol ). Straight back on plan fully Sunday and today. I am determined to do this!!

So 2 litres down of water onto the next 2!!

My wish if I had one would be to skip Saturday and Sunday for the next 12 weeks and go straight from Friday to Monday! Less temptation then. Anyway weigh day tomorrow so hoping for 3 off to get my stone but will take whatever I get! x

I wish I could skip Saturday and Sunday as well especially when im with my boyfriend who doesn't have to worry about it, I think we all feel like that. Don't worry about the KFC I sometimes have a Mcdonalds for lunch or dinner as long as you don't have any other off plan thing on top of that, then its fine.

I wish I could skip Saturday and Sunday as well especially when im with my boyfriend who doesn't have to worry about it, I think we all feel like that. Don't worry about the KFC I sometimes have a Mcdonalds for lunch or dinner as long as you don't have any other off plan thing on top of that, then its fine.

Exactly how I feel! Having a husband who can eat every bit of crap going and not put on an ounce is so frustrating!!

Anyway I will be lighter than him, that is my goal lol.
Onto the weight loss and 2.5lbs off this week so takes me to 13.5lbs in 2 weeks Yeahhhh. Bit frustrated over the 1/2lb away from a stone but I will take anything I get!

I am hoping this week a bit easier as a bit of a mental struggle on a couple days last week but stuck with it.
Works summer fete this weekend so busy all week but am hoping I will be too busy to take note of the Home baking, sweet stall and Barbecue that we are having!!. Will need all my will power for then.

Sounds good to me! I have lost a pound this week which is a nice suprise as i have been the same weight for a long time now, havent been able to lose the weight.

Im volunteering at my local theatre on Saturday so will be on my feet, but its also my friends birthday so i will be having slim fast shakes for breakfast and lunch as im going out for a meal, thats my plan anyway ;-).

Sounds good to me! I have lost a pound this week which is a nice suprise as i have been the same weight for a long time now, havent been able to lose the weight.

Im volunteering at my local theatre on Saturday so will be on my feet, but its also my friends birthday so i will be having slim fast shakes for breakfast and lunch as im going out for a meal, thats my plan anyway ;-).

Sounds like a good plan and well done on weight loss. It can be frustrating when the scales don't move.

So been a good day today on the shakes and the water front, sitting about 4.5 litres.
Spent the day wrapping up gifts for our lucky dip stall on Saturday and folding up raffle tickets!. I will be seeing raffle tickets in my sleep.
Couple of girls at work have started on Slim fast shakes , so we were chatting today about the pros and cons lol. Might be nice to have some other people to sound off with during our struggles.

Well I am away for my 20 minute stint on my vibration plate. I will wobble the fat way if nothing else lol x

Thanks its good whem the scales show!

The vibration plate sounds interesting but never used one, whats it like? Can you sit down with it on?

Your weekend sounds good too! My weekend is busy too I am looking forward to it but will try and becareful foodwise.

The slimfast shakes are good as long as you have a whisk. I usually have the shakes during the day when i go out for meals or when I cant decide what to eat, so dont use them everyday. It can be expensive if I had them everyday. Might do the odd week of having them though since im going to a wedding soon, will have to see if the scales go down without having them everyday, I have another month before I go to the wedding.
At the moment Groupon are doing a deal for 3 powder tubs of Slimfast for £15 which is quite good because ive been ordering them on amazon which is more expensive. I know you can buy them in supermarkets but couldnt find them last time I was there. So ordered them through Groupon this time.

Thanks its good whem the scales show!

The vibration plate sounds interesting but never used one, whats it like? Can you sit down with it on?

Your weekend sounds good too! My weekend is busy too I am looking forward to it but will try and becareful foodwise.

The slimfast shakes are good as long as you have a whisk. I usually have the shakes during the day when i go out for meals or when I cant decide what to eat, so dont use them everyday. It can be expensive if I had them everyday. Might do the odd week of having them though since im going to a wedding soon, will have to see if the scales go down without having them everyday, I have another month before I go to the wedding.
At the moment Groupon are doing a deal for 3 powder tubs of Slimfast for £15 which is quite good because ive been ordering them on amazon which is more expensive. I know you can buy them in supermarkets but couldnt find them last time I was there. So ordered them through Groupon this time.

I have had the Vibration plate for a good few years now and I do like it when I use it. (when its not a clothes hanger lol) I think its quite good for toning up. Mine has a hand bar for support and also attachable arm stretchers that you can use whilst on the plate. you can do various moves like squats, leg stretches push ups side stretches, twists etc whilst on the plate which is supposed to help strengthen your core whilst doing these. I am starting easy with squats and leg stretches. After 20 mins I do feel it in my thighs and calfs and I hope it helps with cellulite lol. All that jiggling has to do something !!

I am trying to steer clear of food at the moment as I am not making good choices with food, so find that the shakes takes that choice away. If I can I would like to keep on shakes till my holidays and then start substituting shakes for healthy meals gradually. That's the plan anyway x

That's cool, thanks your reply ;-)

Gosh what a busy week at work and hadn't realised I hadn't posted for a while. A bit of an up and down week food wise, 3 days off plan so wasn't expecting a loss this week but 1.5 off so pleased overall.
The backside has been self kicked and back on full plan again from yesterday. I really want my target stone a month so need to stop life getting in the way!!
So 15 lbs in 3 weeks so far x

Following!

Sounds like you're doing great - also at the start of my meal replacement diet, also on millionth diet attempt, and also fear the dreaded extension belt! (In fact, it's also partly the inspiration for my diary thread - No More Orange Belts :p)

Looking forward to following your journey!

Following!

Sounds like you're doing great - also at the start of my meal replacement diet, also on millionth diet attempt, and also fear the dreaded extension belt! (In fact, it's also partly the inspiration for my diary thread - No More Orange Belts :p)

Looking forward to following your journey!

Thank you but confession to make!! I have had a crap week!!. Off more often than on and was not going to weigh this morning in case I seriously depressed myself!!
But I have given myself another shake up and I will not fail this time!. Weighed and stayed the same. I am so relieved as I had visions of putting on a vast amount>
No more pussy footing about, I can do this. So 2 litres down about to have another shake and bonus its sunny so off out for a half hour walk for my lunch break instead of sitting on my bum!!

What a beautiful day!. Well extra water consumed during and after my walk as I am reminded of how unfit I am!!. Half an hour and I am panting back up the hill like I smoke 40 a day, which I have never ever smoked in my life lol x

Note to self remember and fire the trainers in the car as sandals are not the best for walking in the country!

Bonus steps are now at the 5000 mark which on a normal day I rarely achieve 4000, having a desk job now is a killer on the exercise!

I bought this fit watch thing last week on a groupon deal and thought great for £20. It arrived Saturday but wasn't out the packet till Monday. Monday was a normal day without any conscious effort to exercise to see what my normal is. All the while thinking I must do nearly 10000 steps a day!
How wrong was I barely scraped 4000, Shocking!!
So target set at a realistic 5000 steps with the intent of increasing gradually over the weeks and months.
Quite impressed with the wee gadget and it does give me a wee reminder to get up and move so heres hoping this will help with the motivation now!!

Thinking that if still nice weather when I finish I will get out the back and cut the grass, roughly an hours work, lets see how many steps that adds!!

Back