My other half Darren bless him is driving my mad...... He has

Breakfast
2x Toast HEXB
1x Tin of Spaghetti

Morning break is some grapes

Lunch is a Free salad with either New pots or pasta
Muller light
Freddio

Then Tea is filling him up so isn't a problem.....

He says "the grapes haven't filled me up and really hungry"
I say "have a drink"
"Ive had 2lts of water already"
"Nearly Lunch time you'll survive"

As you can see i really care lol What can i give him to fill him up on morning break and afternoon break..... Ive tried giving him fruit like bananas etc but he comes home with again and doesn't eat them and they go to waste...... We alway do green days....... Grrr Grrr Grrr Men !!!!! lol

Thanks

Tell him to have some protein with his meals - maybe beans rather than spaghetti for breakfast (with an egg?), maybe some cheese with lunch...?

Guess it depends what he likes to use his syns/healthy extras on!

Lol. I just posted a thread about exactly the opposite and never being hungry and having to force myself to eat, So not sure its a men thing as my OH isnt on SW and is always hungry despite the amount she eats (she has a great metabolism is seems as she eats everything she wants and looks great... GRRR)

My other half Darren bless him is driving my mad...... He has

Breakfast
2x Toast HEXB
1x Tin of Spaghetti

Morning break is some grapes

Lunch is a Free salad with either New pots or pasta
Muller light
Freddio

Then Tea is filling him up so isn't a problem.....

He says "the grapes haven't filled me up and really hungry"
I say "have a drink"
"Ive had 2lts of water already"
"Nearly Lunch time you'll survive"

As you can see i really care lol What can i give him to fill him up on morning break and afternoon break..... Ive tried giving him fruit like bananas etc but he comes home with again and doesn't eat them and they go to waste...... We alway do green days....... Grrr Grrr Grrr Men !!!!! lol

Thanks

I think that you need to just let him get on with it. When he says 'the grapes don't fill me up, I'm still really hungry' just say ' why are you telling me? Am I your mother? Are you a child? Sort your own food out!'

Or words to that affect which don't cause an argument :)

I think that you need to just let him get on with it. When he says 'the grapes don't fill me up, I'm still really hungry' just say ' why are you telling me? Am I your mother? Are you a child? Sort your own food out!'

Reminds me of me and OH last week! Since doing SW whenever I have asked my OH if he wanted any lunch done he would say no... then last Monday he got all sulky because I'd done myself some lunch and none for him and hadn't bothered to ask him!

Apparently if I'd have asked him then he'd have still said no, but if I'd have done him some lunch without asking him first then he'd have eaten it!

If anyone can see any logic in there anywhere, please let me know!

I wish my Mrs would supply me with yummy SW food all day. ;)

Ah yes I went to that marriage school too!

But the protein idea is a good one. Cheese on top of the spaghetti?
Would he eat hard boiled eggs?
I love savoury rice with hard boiled eggs and beetroot and tomatoes very very filling!
If you and he aren't vegetarian try a few EE days and add fish or ham or chicken to the salad at lunch time.

lol i do try but then he would go off and eat snickers etc lol I am trying to help him....hes just going through a pain barrier lol I'll say Kingleds says "Man Up" lol

Men Eh!
(Sorry not aimed at you Mark lol)

Yes will try some cheese with spaghetti but he wont eat cold rice or cold eggs....... If he would use the microwave at work before he sits in the car to have his lunch he could have a jacket grrrr

My friends husband acts like a child all the time (absolved of responsibility) and then shouts at her that she's treating him like a child (this was after she asked him to move as there was a lady trying to get past him), I told her to pop a lolly into her pocket and when he says it again to offer it to him....she didn't but remembering what I said and imagining doing it makes her chuckle and peace is restored lol!

I wish my Mrs would supply me with yummy SW food all day. ;)
I stuck hubby on SW last week and he is over the moon so far - problem is I'm not out of the kitchen until ten at night cos Im making his bloody lunch for the next day! I manage to feed myself in the office quite easily but he either has the work canteen or nothing!

I dont think a few grapes would fill me up either. Also they're not very speedy. I tend to snack on apples, satsumas, pears, greengages and coffee all morning. Or maybe berries in Muller light, or even crispbread & cheese as a HEX if Im extra hungry.

Today (since breakfast which was coffee & toast) Ive had 2 apples 2 satsumas, a couple more coffees, a handful of greengages and a pear. Im just about to go make my lunch.

PreSlimming world did you have to cut the crusts off his sandwiches and arrange the triangles into a sail boat shape? In the defence of men everywhere there are plenty of ladyfolk out there frustrating men with their food based whinging! My OH is probably the only person in the world who "Cant sleep when hungry" so at midnight when we are going to sleep she will get me to go and get her some cheese, or toast, or a mars bar etc because "if I really loved her I would want to make her happy" lol. Women! ;P

PreSlimming world did you have to cut the crusts off his sandwiches and arrange the triangles into a sail boat shape? In the defence of men everywhere there are plenty of ladyfolk out there frustrating men with their food based whinging! My OH is probably the only person in the world who "Cant sleep when hungry" so at midnight when we are going to sleep she will get me to go and get her some cheese, or toast, or a mars bar etc because "if I really loved her I would want to make her happy" lol. Women! ;P

Bless you! My hubby does lovely stuff for me, never had to use the 'if you loved me' line mind!

Exactly how many thumbprints do you have on your forehead?? :)

The nearest I come to doing something 'nice' like that for the OH is cooking him gammon to have with egg & chips when I'm on a green day cos 'its not a meal unless there is some meat on it' and even then I roll my eyes and make him wash up.

lol No boats sandwiches but they have to be made a way so he would eat it....... But he's not a fussy eater when it comes to Chocolate and rubbish unhealthy food!! - I Wonder why.

Bless him, i know im moaning but i wouldn't change him for the world :)

As for midnight runs to the kitchen....... Mark you being the man you should be the one getting up and going to the fridge, its not right for a lady to be walking around in her PJ's at night ;);) lol

I'm prepping lunches etc for husband at the mo- BUT that's because I'm prepping my lunches so it takes no extra to do a bigger lunch. He generally eats as follows.

Breakkie- Oat Crisp (HExB) with milk (HExA) & banana
Snack: French fries (4.0syns) and an apple
Lunch: Whatever free lunch I have made Today's is left over Prawn & courgette Curry
Snack: Cereal bar (either a Ben's, Alpen light or an Oaty Bar) & a banana.

He will also graze on the fruit bowl at his work- if he's hungry when he gets home (and he often is) he eats some chicken or tinned tuna or whatever from the fridge. Dinner is not usually until 7-8 in our house.

I don't think it's a problem sorting out food for him, BUT he needs to take some responsibility. If he's still hungry after fruit then eat a FRICKING mugshot!

Does he understand the plan?

(also why do you do green? Are you veggies?)

Exactly how many thumbprints do you have on your forehead?? :)QUOTE]

Not as many as I have brownie points to get me out of trouble! ;)

Back