other peoples ideas when struggling

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by 24772433, 23 February 2011 Social URL.

1. 24772433

24772433 Lindsey

What does everyone do to keep on track.
    I have a rucksack with the weight in i have lost and if i'm feeling an urge to raid the kitchen, i put my rucksack on and walk around the house for a bit. It stops me in my tracks, cause i think i'm not putting that back on. I also keep diary sheets of everything i eat and i am totally honest on it, when i get weighed i write on the sheet if lost, gained or maintained. When i'm struggling i follow one of my good weeks. These ideas work for me, love to know what helps you.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lilleece79

Lilleece79 Full Member

Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I visualise myself slinky and sexy on the beach with my gorgeous OH. Feeling good about myself. OR I visualise myself wearing some nice new clothes and people being well impressed by how great I look! Sad I know, but it gets me through!

4. Tillagirl

Tillagirl Member

Start Weight:
    14st10lb
    Current Weight:
    13st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(5.34%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remind myself how long it took me to get this size and then remember there is no quick fix. If I cheat I start again the next day and if feeling strong I try and cut down a bit to compensate! Agree with the food diary bit too, I am honest even if it hurts!

5. maclynn

maclynn Silver Member

Start Weight:
    17st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    14st10lb
    hi, i try on my old size 30 red coat, it used to be tight, it always spurs me on and reminds me how far i've come:D

6. CAPRICORN

CAPRICORN Gold Member

Start Weight:
    17st11lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(8.43%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I run upstairs ( a novelty in its-self :p) and slide open my wardrobe and look at all my new clothes -all 16s and 18s and all pretty colours -then get out my old size 32 trousers (in Black- suprise) and put them on..:D
    Then I go online and eye up the size 14s I aim to be soon.....

7. *Emsie*

*Emsie* Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World from home
    Wow! What a fab idea!

I have an old pair of jeans that are always good to try on and help me realise how far I have come and if possible I go and treat myself to something new!

8. lolacola

lolacola Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st3lb(18.45%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I remind myself that I am in my mid twenties, and the fact that I have spent most of my twenties so far hiding from the camera and feeling self conscious about how I look, and the fact that I have set my target for June this year, because I want to first half of 2011 to be the last ever time I feel like that :D

9. SuperVic

SuperVic Vicky

Start Weight:
    10st8lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Love those ideas!

I imagine buying new clothes, and how good I feel now after the weight I've lost so far!

10. debbief

debbief Full Member

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st1lb(14.8%)
    Diet:
    SW
    wow, what great ideas. I am going to get a rucksack and fill it with the weight I have lost so far.
    I have a wardrobe full of new size 14 clothes that I am dying to get into.
    I have a pair of size 14 jeans I try on every few weeks, the buzz of the button and the buttonhole actually getting closer is great.soon Ill actually be able to close them....then Ill have to go out and buy a load of size 12s

11. MommyNOriana

MommyNOriana Full Member

Start Weight:
    11st6lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st13lb
    Lost(%):
    1st0lb(8.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I used to visualize myself thin. Lately I don't have a tangible motivation. I guess each weigh in is enough. I haven't bought clothes in smaller sizes. I'm bad at delaying gratification. I just so badly want to quit hating myself.

12. IanH

IanH Silver Member

Start Weight:
    27st8.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.5lb
    Lost(%):
    15st11.5lb(57.31%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World (but it ain't a diet)
    I simply now have to look back at what my "life" was before the weight loss, compared to the life i'm living now - and that's enough to get me back on an even keel when I struggle.

13. *EB*

*EB* Gold Member

I get my size 24 trousers out and smile at my size 14 and size 16 jeans :)

I also remind myself its not been easy, and if i hadnt changed my ways i would be back to where i started.

I also have my signature to keep me on track and remind me of my fast approaching wedding!

x

14. hazysummer

hazysummer Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    what great ideas! I have a photo of myself and my sister taken in 2006 when I had lost weight before - and even if I do say so myself - I look pretty foxy, I did it once, and I can do it again (and this WILL BE the last time)

15. chocolatetrish

chocolatetrish Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st4lb
    Lost(%):
    5st2lb(29.39%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I look at a photo I have pinned up in my study that was taken 2 weeks before I joined SW!!! I actually only seen the photo in December when I was already 3 stone lighter but I was disgusted in myself when i seen it so I just have a quick look at that ... it keeps me on the straight and narrow x

16. jodavo

jodavo Member

Start Weight:
    12st1lb
    Current Weight:
    12st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st1lb(0.59%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think of the first proper family holiday we're going on in the summer, and how i can't wait to buy some new clothes for it and run around with my kids! xx

17. xmelonxx

xmelonxx Full Member

Start Weight:
    15st13.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st9.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0.0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4lb(1.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming Word
    I look back at the time ive cried myself to sleep over my weight and it spurs me on lol

18. Avatar

MiniMins.com Advert

19. wooly

wooly Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st10lb
    Current Weight:
    11st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.18%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    I remember all those years before when I was at my target weight , I put on a pair of size 12 levis and felt like the hottest thing on the planet ( i can assure you I wasn't but I felt like it ) remembering that feeling makes me want to get to target and feel that great again but for good this time!

20. chocaslim

chocaslim adores posting

Start Weight:
    10st4.0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st11.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6.5lb(4.51%)
    Diet:
    arrrggghhh
    Hi if i'm struggling here and now like i was 15 minutes ago then my 7yr old daughter brushes my hair as i lay on the sofa.

I also go on the sw website and in the coffee break section theres some great games this takes up some time and distracts me.

21. lizzielipps

lizzielipps Back to basics!

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(27.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    :D:DDont put yourself down you look amazing on your picture!! life is too short for feeling negative, You should be proud of your amazing achievements!! Maybe you need a trip to the shops to try some smaller clothes on!! even if you don't buy you feel totaly amazed when you fit in the clothes you never thought you would again!!

22. lizzielipps

lizzielipps Back to basics!

Start Weight:
    16st10.0lb
    Current Weight:
    12st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st8lb(27.35%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    just read all your posts they are very motivational! just googled how many lbs i have lost so far and converted them to kg it is just under 13kg so i have just tried carrying my partners 12 kg weight around the house, not easy!!! And people are rely starting to notice now and giving me complements witch is amazing, feel so much more healthy and never stop feeling motivated on slimming world! love it!!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.