Out on my broomstick and flying light as a feather

I know it's tough. Just take it one day at a time - and maybe post here your day's plan, and then post how you did - good or not. Don't disrupt the rhythm of your weigh in. Just face up to whatever it says. Add in measuring your waist (and maybe more) each month. Maybe take a photo front and side each month too. Sometimes the scales don't move as much as we convert fat into muscle - so measurements are also brilliant at tracking. if you are quite tubby, like me, it takes a lot shed to see it by eye. It's like a loo roll. When new, a loo roll doesn't become smaller fast - but as it gets smaller, each couple of sheets makes it smaller v quickly. I think that's why those of us who start at over 20 stone may have to shed 4-6 stones before people really start to comment.

Thanks Aligal :) and how are things going your end? I've not been posting consistently as I've not been able to get back on plan properly. It's so hard to believe I did about 3 perfect weeks on total solution and now I'm struggling to even do a day. I need to knock the fridge picking on the head. Just a bit of ham here or an egg there as it's doing me no favours and often turns into a cracker here or a bit of bread there. :rolleyes: Anyway, I've got my other half to put the scales back in the bathroom so I can at least weigh weekly from now on and when I weighed I'd put 8lbs back on out of the 1st8lbs lost. Not as bad as it could be but heading back in the wrong direction. I'm the same as you Aligal in the respect that I think I need to lose a lot before it is noticeable even to myself. I'm looking forward to seeing the fat melt from my thighs and watching my tummy shrink back into place.

Hey, just to let you know,I've just finished food week and have a "stayed the same". Disappointed, but so glad the weight didn't go up. It can be done!

Hey Pigletville that's brilliant and means you won't need to feel anxious over doing food week in future. How have you got on getting back to total solution? :classic_smile:

My thoughts on the products I've tried so far (aware that my taste buds may well change)

Shakes and smoothies (in general I am not a fan of the shakes as the thought of drinking one makes me feel slightly nauseous, in saying that I keep trying in the hope that my feelings will change as I know some people have great losses drinking the shakes)

- Banana :classic_smile: also nice as a shake cake (mixed with a tiny bit of water and cinnamon and baked in oven)
- Cookies & Cream :classic_frown: hated this one was better as a shake cake (not ideal to bake shakes though as it kills nutrients)
- Chocolate :classic_smile: not bad, can also be made hot although I've not tried it this way
- Chocolate mint and chocolate orange :classic_frown: both smell lovely but just not for me I think it's the idea of drinking a shake
- Strawberry :classic_smile: one of the safest bets shake wise, although personally I couldn't live on this
- Vanilla :classic_smile: this one is passable but I much prefer it made into a shake cake
- Cherries & berries :classic_smile: no words really this one is not too bad as shakes go
- Creamy coconut :classic_smile: not tried as a shake but makes a great shake cake
- Honeycomb :classic_frown: hated this one has a terrible chemical taste to it unless mine was a dodgy one

- Strawberry banana smoothie :classic_smile: this one is actually alright, much prefer the idea of a smoothy
Not tried - toffee caramel, white choc & rasp, lemon cheesecake, almond vanilla (like the sound of this one), caramel latte frappe (think this one sounds great too), low sugar (great idea) - vanilla, chocolate, banana, coconut, strawberry or the new summer flavours

Bars and cookies (I really like the idea of these as they are so convenient and easy for on the go as require no preparation or planning, the only thing I worry about is whether too many can stall losses)

- Chocolate coconut :classic_frown: I'm not a huge fan of the pasty bars and this one is one of those, although it is filling and passable
- White choc & rasp :classic_smile: I love the rice crispy type bars this is one of those quite enjoyable to eat
- Peanut butter :classic_frown: takes a while to get this down, quite filling but that awful pasty texture, I'm not a fan
- Double choc :classic_frown: bleuuuugggghhhh I guess it takes a while to fall in love with these pasty texture bars
- Choc caramel crunch :classic_frown: the only saving grace here is the crunchy caramel bits otherwise it's another fail for me
- Strawberry jam & yoghurt :classic_smile: I really like these and could eat them when not on total solution
- Choc orange :classic_smile: sometimes the original are always the best I look forward to eating this one
- Lemon bar :classic_smile: this one is also really nice and I could eat them when not on plan
- Toffee, nut & raisin :classic_smile: again another original and obvious why it's still part of the main product line
- White choc & rasp cookie :classic_frown: this one is passable when warmed in the microwave, has a chemical aftertaste, I wouldn't buy again
Not tried - cherry & almond (think I'd love this one), cookies & cream (heard this one is well liked), double choc chip cookie (would like to try this one), choc mint cookie, pecan flapjacks

Breakfasts and meals (these make you feel like your eating normal food and it's nice to actually prepare yourself something)

- Golden syrup porridge :classic_smile: I like all the porridges as they seem like real food, syrup is a bit chemical tasting though
- Apple cinnamon porridge :classic_smile: this one is particularly gorgeous and I love this one baked in the oven
- Porridge oats :classic_smile: be careful when making this as has a tendency to explode in the microwave
- Choco puffs :classic_confused: I hate this when made as a cereal it has a chemical taste but I don't mind it when made into biscuits
- Maple syrup pancakes :classic_frown: vile very strong chemical taste cannot wait to have used these ones up
- Lemon pancakes :classic_smile: I love this one tastes just like real homemade pancakes gorgeous
- Cheese & bacon eggs :classic_smile: this one is also really nice and I actually feel like I'm eating breakfast eggs
- Indian curry & rice :classic_smile: bit spicy but doesn't feel like you're eating a meal replacement
- Indian daal pot :classic_confused: liked this one the first time I ate but then not so much the next four times, probably wouldn't buy again
- Shepherds pie :classic_smile: loved this one feels like I'm eating comfort food be great for the colder months
Not tried - blueberry & rasp pancakes, maple granola cereal, berry yoghurt muesli, vanilla cereal, mexican rice, spaghetti bolognese, pasta carbonara, sweet n sour noodles, beef n black bean pot, pizza mix (like sound of this one), fajita mix, red bean chilli

Soups and desserts (I love the idea of soups for on the go. I know some people even make them just with hot water and without using a microwave. I've not tried any of the desserts due to stock issues but don't feel like I'm missing anything as everything seems so sweet or like a dessert anyway)

- Pasta, ham & mushroom soup :classic_smile: just be careful when using the microwave as it may explode
Not tried - chicken & leak, butternut squash & stew pot, vegetable soup, mushroom soup, red thai soup
Not tried - Gooey pudding range - salted caramel, lemon, chocolate, delight range - chocolate, strawberry, butterscotch, apple crumble & custard

Probably more products that I'm not even aware of. I know about four years ago they did a hot cross bun bar that wasn't too bad and I've no idea if they still do that one. I'm looking forward to the day the stock issues are resolved so it is not always slim pickings when ordering.

What an amazing list. I tried an alevere choc mint shake - and liked it because it wasn't too sweet. I'll be ordering a pack next time. The peach mango was horrible - synthetic. I prefer the orange and pineapple to the straight orange. Two of my fave cooked sachets are chicken nuggets (nothing like a nugget - but very savory) and a pancake with choc sauce. I had a curry soup with aubergine the other day (we get to have very low carb veggies). So I've not felt deprived.

The bars are 3 times a week max in phase one. I eat them - but find them a bit claggy. It's just a change to eat something like that.

Would posting everyday yr plan and then updating at end of day keep you out of the fridge? I shift things to different shelves so they aren't there to trigger "eat me"!

Have a good week.

What an amazing list. I tried an alevere choc mint shake - and liked it because it wasn't too sweet. I'll be ordering a pack next time. The peach mango was horrible - synthetic. I prefer the orange and pineapple to the straight orange. Two of my fave cooked sachets are chicken nuggets (nothing like a nugget - but very savory) and a pancake with choc sauce. I had a curry soup with aubergine the other day (we get to have very low carb veggies). So I've not felt deprived.

The bars are 3 times a week max in phase one. I eat them - but find them a bit claggy. It's just a change to eat something like that.

Would posting everyday yr plan and then updating at end of day keep you out of the fridge? I shift things to different shelves so they aren't there to trigger "eat me"!

Have a good week.

How are you finding it AliGal and have you lost all of your weight on alevere so far? The peach mango sounded good, such a shame that it tasted synthetic. What low carb veggies do you eat? I'm pretty sure exante also used to have a plan with allowable extras like low carb fruit and veg. I don't see that plan anymore though. I'm not sure that posting my daily menu here would keep me out of the fridge, but I could always give it ago. I really don't want to enter my 40s this November in a body I'm not happy with. So I must keep the focus. Have a good week AliGal xxx

One of my incentives hung up on the wardrobe. I bought it last month and decided to try it on today. I've been struggling the last 3-4 weeks but I've still been able to keep off the first stone lost. Anyway, I've got a long way to go before this dress fits. I got it over my head and got both arms in the sleeves. Then I pulled the dress over my chest, but there was no way I could pull the skirt down over my stomach and no way I was going to zip it up at the back yet! I loved the colour against my skin tone and hair, but I have no idea how much weight I'll need to lose to slip comfortably into this dress but the challenge is on. I hope everyone has got off to a good start this week. I've not drank enough water and have a terrible head ache, plus it's star week, but one day at a time eh! X x x
IMG_0907.jpg

Quick update: still not fully back on track with Exante, but have maintained the recent 1 stone loss, which I attribute to eating low-carb/Atkins 80% of the rest of the time. Bought a 'diet doodle diary' from the works not so long ago and have started recording food and exercise in there. The plan is to aim to drop another stone this month. I will also try not to look any further than each individual stone bracket. It feels more manageable then looking at the bigger picture and not having a magic wand to get there quicker. I need to book an apt with my gynaecologist following some fertility investigations. I'm hoping that by this appointment (hopefully this Autumn) I will be about 3 stone lighter and this will open up more options for help and support. In other news, I've just discovered 'Twinings' cold infuses (strawberry, watermelon and mint). Finding they help a little with getting back on track with my 3 litre water intake. Also invested in some water enhancers from Aldi, but not tried them yet.

I actually can’t believe I started this diary a whole decade ago!! Anyway, I’ve obviously been yo-yo-ing all this time and today was back to day one of exante/low carbing. I‘m doing this alongside intermittent fasting and I chose to eat between the hours of 1 - 9pm. At about 1:30pm I had a low carb meal - steak and salad (I didn’t weigh or track anything, need to get into this habit). At 4:30ish I had an exante bar the banana bread one. Not had this one before, it wasn’t too bad. at 7:30pm I made the exante pizza. It was a bit of a fail. I spread it out on tinfoil rather than baking paper. The dough actually smelled divine and puffed out nicely in the oven. I put on the pizza sauce and grated a tiny bit of low fat cheese, I added a slice of ham and a few olives. I popped it back in the oven for a couple of minutes. Anyway, I love the dough, not so much the pizza sauce but it was difficult to eat as it was stuck to the foil. Lesson learned for next time. I ended up giving it to my partner to try and had a couple of sausages instead. Not ideal I know but still low carbish! I’ve also had 5 plain cashew nuts today. Drinks wise, I’ve had a big mug of green tea this morning, I think that was 2carbs. I’ve had roughly two litres of water, really need to up this intake. I’ve also had a can of Pepsi max and some cola x from Aldi (it used to be on the allowed list). I really need to familiarise myself with the exante plans, the last time I bought products it was fine to do three products a day with nothing else and now it’s a combination of four. I weighed first thing this morning. Really looking forward to a big loss this time next week. It would be amazing to get down into the next stone bracket. I have some keto sticks and will check progress at the end of the week. Evenings are usually my worst, so it’s a bit strange sitting here with just water. My other half has been eating custard creams. I don’t actually like them, but it’s tough when you‘re feeling restricted. Keeping focused on the bigger picture. It’s a small sacrifice to reap some amazing rewards. I’m looking forward to feeling hydrated, lighter and having tonnes more energy by the end of this first week. Be nice to meet some new friends along the way. Broomsticks xx

Good luck with your re-start! I was around years ago too on lighterlife and various off's and on's since. It's very wearing isn't it? definitely a lifelong journey.

I'm following lower carb on 800 cals myself and not long started, Sure we can make a difference this year if we keep at it!. Minimins seems a whole lot quieter than it used to be though.

Good luck with your re-start! I was around years ago too on lighterlife and various off's and on's since. It's very wearing isn't it? definitely a lifelong journey.

I'm following lower carb on 800 cals myself and not long started, Sure we can make a difference this year if we keep at it!. Minimins seems a whole lot quieter than it used to be though.
Thank you so much ChilliQueen, sending you lots of luck on your journey too. :classic_smile: Maybe this is our year!! How are you getting on so far and do you have a thread I can follow? Minimins does seem a lot quieter than it used to be, I think I still prefer to dip in and out of here though compared to other social media platforms X

Very quick update for day 2 - I worked from home this morning delivering online as I’m now on the shield list. I had a salted caramel shake at about 1:30pm. I had it cold but added a shot of espresso to it. It was very sweet, but not quite my bag. I’m wondering if it would work hot? I snacked on two slices of ham, a handful of olives and then later a handful of cashew nuts (I really need to knock this on the head!!). What is wrong with me. I skipped pack 2 and had a fibre one bar (10g of carbs/low cals). Then for tea I had 4 sausages. I know how bad this sounds, but I’m not going to beat myself up for it. I really need to start tracking on mfp again, and I could do with smashing a whole day on exante packs as I know it would really kickstart my weight loss and give me that boost to go on. Hopefully the intermittent fasting will be my saving grace today. My sister has been in my ear about competing against her in step challenges. I’m just not sure if it’s a good idea when I’m part vlcd. I’ve also heard that exercise can affect the losses so early on. I don’t know. I’ve drank roughly 2 litres of water, not including my shake water. I had a big mug of green tea this morning and I’ve been drinking aldi’s cola x (it used to be allowed, still not found out if it still is). In other news, I’ve cleared out the fridge and hidden the chocolate in one of my fridge trays behind the low fat cheese. Much nicer opening the fridge door and not having to see what I can’t have. This evening felt tough not being able to snack. Thankfully, I’m committed to my IF even if I’m not strictly following Exante. I know most of the cravings are psychological, plus it’s that TOTM. Anyway folks, my bed is calling me. Night all and hope to see you all lighter in the morning. Broomsticks xx

Morning to you! this is my thread, it's a bit of a mishmash as I tend to ramble lol, and not long started yet.

Good on you for clearing out your fridge. As for not following exante full on we all need to find the combinations that work for us, eventually I hope that plans can be more individualised, they are becoming so in some ways. I'm 'kind off' following keto/low carb/fast 800/IF. I had a stab of guilt this morning thinking - maybe I'm doing it wrong? and then I thought... stuff it. I'm doing 'it' as in life and health better than I was and perhaps as with all things it's more about the journey than the destination.

Back