Over 4 years since I joined and ..........

Principessa N

Minimins Addict
As you can see from my start date I have been a member of minimins for over 4 years, I joined when I was planning a wedding and babies at a little over 24stone. In those 4 years I have learned nothing, I have achieved nothing, the only thing I have gained is 4 stone. The wedding has been and gone, I have a wedding pictures i've seen once and refuse to look at again, quiet frankly it was the most uncomfortable day in my life and thats sad. Family and aquaintinces have met, got married, had babies, moved on and I feel stuck in the same miserable place.

I don't understand why I can stick to a diet sometimes I just have to eat, a lot and fast and I have no control over it. What is so wrong in my head that I have no control over myself and my actions. I want to change, I need to change but I don't no how. I want to be able to go for a run instead of grabbing a chocolate bar to feel better, I want to go visit my family who live abroad who I don't see because I'm too large, I want a baby of my own instead of feeling jealous (then guilty) about people around me that have them.

I guess there is no point to the post, I wonder if anyone has been as big as me and beaten the inner demons to actually get anywhere with their weight loss.
I do mean it this time but I always do!

Hi nicki,

I could be your twin. VERY similar story. Still trying to find a diet that works for me. Of course every one of them is perfect but its like after 3 weeks into a diet I just forget about it all and binge binge binge. I've my wedding booked Sept 2013. And I'm dreading having to walk into march next year still in a size 22-24. I wish I could tell you I've had a break thru but I haven't all I can say is that I'm here to talk at any time. Maybe if we put our head together we can think of some way to push thru all this.

Anois

Having a personal trainer works for me. They give you diet advice/plans and safe exercises. Probs start with walking.

I block book sessions, so I have to keep going because I've already paid. And as its one on one, I'm the only one accountable for my weight. The right trainer is a great support.

I'm similar to you in that I've tried every diet going in the last 6 years, every pill. Some tablets from my gp helped fix my low mood and lack of motivation, which can be key to maintaining weightloss. And with my trainer, since June 1st, I've lost 34lbs.

Don't know if a trainer is the right path for you but it was for me, just thought it might be a new avenue for you to explore :) find the right one, one who has experience with people who have lots to lose. Beauty is, all the changes are a lifestyle change. No fads or weird diets.

Back