Over a year!

Lothaerna

Let's do this....
I started learning about slimming world a year ago! But I havent lost any weight and in fact I have put on about a stone! I now weigh 14st 10lbs!! :-(

Disaster as my clothes don't really fit and the worst feeling is that my face actually feels fat.

I live by myself and rarely cook a meal, I find it easier to order, pizza, kebab, Chinese, burgers etc! Last week I didn't eat at home once! Although for a change I did have 5a day!

I feel really down a lot, but can't talk to anyone, I haven't got any close friends and only have my girlfriend who lives in the same town, she struggles with her weight too. So it turns a disaster if I talk about my weight as we would both like to w slimmer but never stick to it!

The thing is I totally love eating out, and I do like cooking but jut don't wanna cook for myself! My partner doesn't like my cooking and so there is no point cooking for her. Lol!

I am going to sit today and plan 4 x weekly menu's and shopping lists and really get to this! I turn thirty in April 12 and have a dream vacation planned. I'd like to be at least 12stone by that time, I think it would make a huge difference. My weight appears to mainly be around my tummy and chest.

If u have any suggestions of weekly menu/shopping lists and would like to help me out, please feel free.

I prefer to do green days but can do red. Don't get the whole extra easy thing at all!

The only things I CANNOT eat ever are: mushrooms, peppers.

Maybe u have some suggestions, even a day full, I would be grateful!

Thanks for your time, fingers crossed I have some staying power this time. :)

Hi and welcome to SW!

You say you like takeaways but what sort of things do you eat. If you look in the recipe section there are loads of takeaway alternatives like curry, kebabs, pizza, KFC, SW burgers, chinese and pastas.

If you are happy to cook for don't want to cook for one then make enough for 2 or 4 and freeze the rest so you have an instant frozen meal for the nights when you don't want to cook. And although you say your OH doesn't like to cook, surely she likes to eat (don't we all!) so why can't you cook for her? Trust me there's nothing more attractive than a partner who likes to cook for his/her other half!

The place to start is the recipe sub-forum and also take a look at the food diary section. You can see what other people are eating on a daily basis. Lots of people do green so you can if you want to but extra easy is actually really easy to do and good if you enjoy your meat as well as your carbs. Top tip is make sure you have lots of variety in what you are eating so you don't get bored.

Any questions, just give a shout! Good luck!

Hi there

I dont know how helpful it is, but today I have eaten (I only do green):

B - 2 Alpen Lights (HEX B), mullerlight, apple

L - Stir fry with plain quorn, veggies, soy sauce and noodles

S - a piece of cheese - just fancied it! (HEX A)

D - Quorn burger (1/2 syn) with a wholewheat burger (HEX B), homemade coleslaw (1 syn), slimming world chips.

I have also used a few syns on reduced fat salad cream and will have something sweet too. I aim to have 2 litres of water/diet cordial a day.

Good luck! :)

Hello, I do mainly green day's too:

Quorn sausages or quorn burgers with syn free chips and beans
jacket potatos with beans or packet savoury rice. Salad
Pasta with tin tomatoes and baked beans (my faveourite)
quorn mince with tin toms and spagehetti
I make a syn free veggie curry, lots of veggies, potatos, tin tomatos and fat free yougurt with lots of boiled rice
Stagg veggie chill with rice
(meant to say the quorn burgers/sausages are about 1 syn each and stagg chill is 1.5 syns)

Lunchtimes I have 4 dark rye ryvitas (HEX B) with Dairylea (HEXA) with carrots and celery and fat free cottage cheese.

Breakfast I have 2 weetabix (HEX B) and mullier light and banana

Syns I usually use on ketchup, salad cream, square crisps and curly wurlys.

Good Luck

xxx

Back