Puddings over ripe bananas...any recipe ideas?

minxymax

Hi, i have found myself with a load of unused bananas over the chistmas period and just wondered if anyone has any nice syn free or low syn recipe ideas. Many thanks!!

Snap!! Did my Asda shop on Monday and didn't need bananas. Kids must have eaten 2 each after school cos come yesterday there was none left. So I went to the market and he gave me a whole carrier bag full. They always go off quicker from him so as I'm off work with snow I've been searching for ideas. So far I'e come up with:-
Icecream made with quark and toffee Mullerlight
Muffins (not SW friendly)
Pancakes filled with banana and toffee sauce (could go eiher way)
Baked banana with vanilla yog (4syns each)
Bread and butter pudding with sliced banana (hea &b)
Banana brulee using natural yogurt and a tsp muscovado sugar (1syn)
I'm sure there's more ideas out there. I'm not going to be doing all these today. Hopefully my bananas will last a couple of days.

The only problem is that if you cook the bananas or mash them up they become synnable, so bear this in mind when you decide what to do with them.

We had baked bananas with chocolate chunks in and Total 0% yogurt on. 8 syns all together but have used 6 more bananas. It's such a shame you have to syn cooked fruit as it hits the sweet spot when it's cold outside. Just had to bin 4 as squashed at the bottom of the bag.

Tania

love the idea of the ice-cream, however i did think of the fact you have to syn them if mashed or baked. Maybe i will have to make a banana cake for the kids instead but thanks for all your ideas!

Back