OzzieMoz's Upside Down Diary!

Just realised I haven't posted for a couple of days. Family hogged the pc yesterday and this morning I didn't get the chance to log in as it was a hectic start to the day with preparations for sports day at my daughter's school. Just home from it now and we've had a great day - the aussies certainly know how to organise a really fun sports day with heaps of team spirit going on. Had to take daughter to the shops afterwards with her blue tinsel wig and silly hat on, with blue warpaint all over her face and arms! She did look cute and somewhat out of place - which was funny because only minutes before we got there she fitted in very well with the rest of the school loons :D

Didn't stick to plan at all really as I was shamefully idle and didn't plan ahead. So I had a ham/cheese sandwich on white bread ..... chocolate milk, strawberries, mini mud-cake .... sausage roll (I wasn't even hungry, just felt like being naughty :eek: ). That's about it - I better not use any more syns as I think I've used more than my fair share today for a change!

Managed to lose another couple of pounds from my 6lbs gain, which just leaves me 1.5lbs to go til I get back to where I was, so at least it's going! Not that that means I'm at target I think I want to lose another 20lbs beyond that and get to 10st 2lbs - I have no idea why that number appeals to me, but as I explained a few months ago on this diary, I have this underlying idea that good things happen when I'm 10st 2lbs! I can't remember specifically any example of this, so I think maybe I'm just imagining it, who knows! who cares?

Anyway, I better dash off or I'll be late collecting OH and he'll be grumpy :eek:

Good luck to everyone else!

Ozziiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeee - where are you?????

I've also been AWOL this week. I've logged in every day at work but if I was to post from work I'd probably be hung, drawn and quartered! :eek:

On Tuesday it was DD's birthday - she's 24. I had a day off work and we went shopping for the day and we had a great day together. :D We went in Pret a Manger for lunch - I had a crunchy baguette with cheese, pickle and salad, followed by a lemon cheeecake and boy, did I enjoy it!!!! I don't usually like stuff like that since I've been doing SW, but that was really gorgeous. Then in the evening we went out for a meal with my Mum and DS and I had Hunter's chicken with jacket (no butter) and veg, followed by peach melba. That was lovely too, but consequently my weight STS this week! (Although I have had a sneaky peak this morning and another half has come off since weigh-in on Friday!)

The estate agent rang me on Tuesday to say they had 2 viewings lined up for Saturday, so it was all systems go from Wednesday onwards! I was convinced no-one would view the house before my holiday so had let it get a bit untidy, so I spent Wednesday and Thursday evening tidying and touching up paint etc; then on Friday I bought a new piece of lino for the kitchen and DS and I laid it. That was fun - NOT!!!!! Anyway, the house looks fab and I hope my viewers appreciated it!!

This time next week I shall be about to depart on my hols - a 12-night cruise taking in The Azores, Madeira, Tenerife, Lisbon and Vigo - and I can't wait!!!:DAnyway, enough of taking over your diary!! Have a great week and I'll catch up with you later.

Byeeeeeee and take care, Trace xxxxxxxxx

Morning all :) It's very early here so forgive me if my thoughts are all over the place .... I'm awake but my fingers and brain aren't :rotflmao: Had to get up at 4 this morning as OH had an early start and I couldn't get back to sleep after dropping him off at work. I do not like these early mornings!

Hey tracey! Glad to see you had a wonderful if somewhat naughty day out for your daughter's birthday and you managed to sts too so that's a bit of a result! Fingers crossed that one of those viewings of your house results in an offer - that would be brilliant wouldn't it! Ooooh and a cruise to look forward to as well - I've never been on a cruise, but I think I might enjoy one - I didn't use to think I would, but I think it must be quite relaxing.... or at least you have the option to find it relaxing, I'm sure judging by programmes I've seen on tv about modern cruise liners that there is plenty to do if you want to keep active!

In all honesty I'm feeling a bit down in the dumps. Finding out all about discrimination on the grounds of nationality during my job search. If one more person says to me "we're looking to employ a local as the position requires local knowledge" then I shall scream. The fact that I'm well educated with a good cv and been living locally for 3.5 years and am married to a local man is irrelevant. I've never in my life treated anyone differently because of race/colour/creed and in general for the most part since I've got here I've been treated very well, it's only now that I'm looking for work that I'm finding out that I am apparently a lesser person. I've not told my OH about it as I think he'd go round and punch these people, which whilst a nice thought in theory probably wouldn't enhance my job prospects :rotflmao: I would say, I won't let it get me down but it's too late for that, it already has. However, I'm going to keep on plugging away at it as I need to find work soon or I might find I'm losing weight due to no food! :eek: :D

Weightwise, I'm still going round in circles playing with the same few pounds. My mojo keeps coming and going. I've been sticking to plan at meal-times but rather too many syns are sneaking in some days when I feel bleuarrrgghh, but then I pull back and am good for a couple of days, then I have a couple of higher syn off days. I think it shows I could maintain at this weight, but really I want/need to lose another stone and a half. I'll get back into it.

Sorry, if this is all a bit of an Eeyore post, I don't like posting when I'm down but then sometimes to understand what is happening to us weightwise we need to recall what was happening in our mind/lives at the time too. Meh! I'm feeling all sorry for myself and self-absorbed - I need a kick up the bum.

I'll be back in top-form soon. Good to read of other people doing well, it keeps me inspired and believing that I when I do get my life sorted that I'll be back to shedding pounds in my snail-like manner! Til then, I'll just keep on keeping on! :)

Hey darl,

It's been a while... to say the least. Up and down at my end with the scales. Just had an awesome holiday and it's taken my 6 weeks now to finally get my mojo back. Moving into our new house next Friday (super pumped!)

It's a shame to hear about you being turned back for jobs? What type of work do you need the local knowledge for?

By the way you are doing really good overall with your weight loss, well done!

Bren
X

Hi Ozzie. Sorry to hear about the fruitless job hunt and the discrimination - is that allowed???????? It wouldn't be here!!

No offers on the house unfortunately. There are lots of houses up for sale but not many buyers at the moment. I'm not in any hurry to move so I'll just stick with it for now and see what happens.

I'm off on my cruise tomorrow so hope you feel better by the time I get back and things improve for you.

Bye for now and take care,

Lots of love, Tracy xxxxxxxxxxx

Yayy Bren! Glad to see you're back again - I was wondering what happened to you! Life gets in the way sometimes doesn't it! Great news about the new house and that you've got your mojo back! My weight loss hasn't been great just up and down the same few pounds for months, sooner or later it will shift, I won't give up, I just accept that it's going to take rather longer than I thought, that's old age for you, I guess :rotflmao: ... I'm not really laughing though, I'm crying - inside at least :p :D Good luck with the move and hopefully we'll inspire each other to keep on the straight and narrow..... like my hips ought to be be :rotflmao:

Tracey, I'm probably too late to catch you, but I hope you have a great holiday! It sounds like a really good cruise - plenty to see and experience! Just step away from the food! ;) :D

Not done much job-wise the last few days, I'm still sulking quietly. Bren, there is no local knowledge that is significant in these jobs, it's just a bloody excuse. Luckily, I'm keeping in mind that the vast majority of people are not like that and face to face I haven't met a single person here who has been less than kind/friendly to me, so I'm not going to get bitter and twisted about it all. My time will come! soon I hope! :D

Beautiful day here today, we might go to the beach later but we shall see. I can't go anywhere at the moment as OH is out and about with the car. Plus side of that is that it's lovely and quiet here, he's noisier than the kids! My younger stepson (10) is over for the weekend, but these days my daughter (8) and him get on really well so it's all peaceful - yayyy! I love peace and quiet - I think I could become a hermit.... maybe just a part-time hermit though, or a casual hermit. Wonder what the pay is like? Do I need local knowledge? :rotflmao:

Anyway, must go! Keep on truckin' my friends :D

Fed up with SW. Just seem to have got to a weight and been playing with the same few pounds for months. It's not even as if I'm nearly at target, I have another 20lbs to go. I'm not sure what to do, I've gone back to basics, I've switched between green and red and nothing seems to really work. I don't mind slow progress, but no progress is thoroughly disheartening.

...... and I've got nits. :eek: They're dying as I type :rotflmao:

Well following the petition to get me back here, I have decided to return..... ok so maybe there wasn't an actual petition but I felt there was a virtual imaginary one .... ok so maybe it was only me that imagined it. But what the heck - you've talked me into it, I'm back!

Took some time off for two reasons ... or maybe more, I'm too idle to think about it! Firstly I needed time to sulk because my weight had totally stalled, nothing coming off, but strangely enough nothing going on either. So having had a couple of months of maintaining at my current weight, I'm going to go strictly back on plan and see what happens. I haven't really gone off plan hugely I've just been a bit carefree with syns and things.

My other reason for not posting is somewhat more serious and sadder although we're all keeping a positive outlook. My mother-in-law who is a diamond of the brightest sparkliest variety has just been diagnosed with stomach cancer. She is such a skinnymalink now that they can't treat her yet, but we are all fattening her up so that they can start chemo and do surgery hopefully in the not too distant future. My OH not surprisingly is distraught and I'm finding it hard to cope having battled cancer and lost with first my dad and then my own mum a few years ago, I'm not ready to lose anyone else, so I've told her she's bloody well going to beat it or there'll be real trouble!

Considering I live in "paradise", it's absolutely piddling it down today - grey skies and general miserableness! The pavements such as they are .... strange thing, they don't seem to like pavements here..... are all flooded and the grass verges boggy! I'm came home from the school run a little while ago like a soggy moggy! Just have time for a shower and get dry before I have to go out and get wet again!

Today's plan foodwise is a green day .... or a red day... who knows! Do you think my failure to be able to write a plan could be part of my problem :rotflmao: ? In fairness I do make a choice usually around lunch time and stick to it but perhaps I should do as some of the successful losers (sounds like an oxmoron) do and work out a plan for the week which I can then just tweak a bit ..... rather than my daily plan which nearly always goes through such a radical overhaul that it's unrecognisable by the end of the day! I'm hopeless! Cheerful maybe but hopeless!

I better go finish my splendidly lovely weetbix ... without the "a" they don't have so many "a"s here ... might save a lot on printing costs :rotflmao: .... but having my Hex A (skimmed milk) so maybe that makes up for it!

Ho hum! Must go! Keep on truckin' - I'm moving out of the slow lane and into the fast lane - woop woop! :character00182: Parp! Parp!

Ozziiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

Welcome back! So sorry to hear about your mum-in-law and I hope she manages to beat the damn thing!!!! I know just how you feel as I lost my Dad to a brain tumour 2 years ago - but I can't imagine what it must be like losing both parents to cancer.

Good luck with your green/red/extra easy days and I hope they do the trick for you.

Lots of love, Trace xxxxxxxxxx

Yayyy Tracey!! Hope all is going well with you - studying hard and passing your exams and stuff. What about the house move? What's happening? I demand news!! you can even tell me how the weight loss is going :rotflmao:

Well today turned out not to be green, red or extra easy .... it was an eat what you like and damn the consequences colour day .... maybe that should be a rainbow day for those of a happy go lucky nature and a black day for those who are generally ever so good... for me it would be a rainbow day! :p :D Haven't actually eaten that much as I was stuck at the hospital for most of the day wafting around from one department to another round and round in ever decreasing circles. Good news though is that chemo starts tomorrow which is much sooner than we thought, they are very pleased with m-i-l weight gain, so are going to get her started, object is to reduce the tumour a bit so they can operate. Anyway, food passed me by for most of the day, so I've just had a lovely big meaty burger cooked no doubt in a totally unhealthy way but because I've been a good daughter-in-law I reckon that it was syn-free on a saintly day!

It's still raining tonight .... at the moment I'm not convinced that it will ever stop. I never thought that I would have to invest in wellies here, but it looks like I'm going to have to!

OH is out playing indoor cricket.... well I suppose he is technically "in" playing indoor cricket but not in the house of course! ;) So I have a quiet couple of hours ahead but first I better shuffle off - time to put my girl to bed.

Hope everyone has a better behaved day food-wise than I did! :D

Good morning diary and anyone who is mad enough to read this :p :D

Woohooo - the rain has stopped! Actually... I better go and put some washing on and take advantage of this lull in the weather - back in a sec!

As I was saying before I so rudely interrupted myself, the rain has stopped, the sun is out and it's sooooo humid! Apparently we are due some big rain tonight, which is lovely as I like listening to the rain on the tin roof at night - it's not so lovely during the day when you know you have to go out in it - but on the plus side, it is big fat warm rain not like the freezing cold sharp rain like needles that you get at home!

Got a lot of housework and shopping to catch up on after my day at the hospital yesterday so this is a quick break while i have my brekkie! Hmmmm brb - need to make my brekkie! Can you tell this wasn't a well-planned trip to minimins? :eek: ;) Ok then, I now have my brekkie .... so much to do, so little time! Got to do a whole lot of form filling and stuff later as up to the final stage of the immigration process at long last! Will be a relief when it's all over and done with!

Mum (m-i-l) is looking good this morning and very positive having taken her first chemo pills. She has a wonderfully positive attitude which should put her in a great position for the battle ahead. Its lovely to see her smiling and still enjoying a cup of a tea and a good giggle over the trivialities of life!

When I was driving home this morning I was thinking, if she can go through what she is going through, the chemo, being fed by tube into her intestines and all the discomfort she is putting up with and not grumble, then there is no reason whatsoever that I can't focus my attention and get rid of these pounds. I'm really determined now that I'm going to get to target, no more excuses.

I know I can follow the food plan with ease - I've never been a big eater nor one for naughty snacks and stuff, I put on the weight very slowly over the years, my main problem is the lack of structured exercise. I charge around a fair bit but I don't do any exercise for the sake of exercise and I think that that is the real reason my loss stalled. I really really struggled to make myself go to the gym and it's a shame because I had membership for a year that I didn't use and now I can't afford it. All I need to do now is work out what to do, cheapest option will be to get a DVD and jump around the house in an ungainly manner. Wahhhhhhhhh - I don't know what to do! However, I'm going to make a decision so I can kickstart the losses!

Today is going to be a green day. I'm not going to waver, I'm making a plan now and I'm going to stick to it. If I come on later or tomorrow and have eaten something different then unless I have a most excellent reason for it, feel free to boot me up my rotund backside!

Breakfast

Weetbix (HexB) + Skimmed Milk (from Hex A). Dollop of golden syrup (3 syns)

Lunch

Jacket potato, beans, mushrooms, sprinkling of cheese from Hex A)

Snack

Apple and grapes. Cherry tomatoes too if i remember to buy them!

Dinner
Kidney Bean risotto (rice, kidney beans, green and red pepper, onion, stock cube, tomato puree (1 syn?), cumin, chilli powder) with sprinkling of cheese (last of HexA)

Drinks

Water, green tea with mint

That should just about do it. I might have a digestive biscuit at some point to use more syns too!

Wish me luck on my first proper day back on plan! I'm going to do some batch freezer cooking over the weekend to try and help keep me on the straight and narrow (no pun intended).

Hope everyone is doing well and keeping happy and positive! Keep on truckin' :D

Hi Ozzie!

Hope your green day went well and mum-in-law is OK, well as OK as she can be at the moment. I'm very impressed with your planning - keep it up!

I finished all my tests today. I had to retake one that I failed. I was allowed 20 minutes to answer 10 questions and it took me 4 minutes!!! Probably something to do with the fact that I spent the past 2 days revising and learning it all off by heart because I was so determined not to fail again!! I'm so relieved as you only get a 3rd go at these tests in exceptional circumstances, otherwise I could've been thrown off the course!! As from next week I start going to London every Thursday to learn book-keeping and then my exam is in February.

My house is still on the market. I've had about 6 viewers in 3 months and no offers. There are 3 houses for sale just round the corner from me and they've been on the market for at least 6 months, so goodness knows when I'll get a buyer.

This week I lost the pound that I put on last week and I now weigh 11 stone and half a pound. I just cannot seem to get below 11 stone, but I havent been under 11 stone for about 20 years so I guess it's a bit of a stretch for my poor old body!

Well, that's all for now. Take care and lots of love,

Trace xxxxxxx

Hey Tracey! That's great about your course so far and well done on whizzing through your re-take! I want to go back to college at some point but having always found learning easy in the past, I think I would struggle to study now. I'm not going to let that stop me though and will try a short course first to see how it goes!

Bummer about the housing market, I suppose it's just a matter of hanging in there and it will happen! Although the property programmes do tell us if it's not selling to have a good talk with your estate agent and find out what is stopping it. Don't let them rest on their laurels! (or bums for that matter either, for those of us that like plain speaking! :rotflmao: )

Plan didn't quite go to plan, when does it ever with me! Had a friend of ours come round for dinner with his young lad so whilst OH did dinner for them all, I couldn't cook at the same time as him and abandon our guest and then I didn't like to go off and palaver doing a different dinner afterwards either. However, I did stick to green days and pasta with pesto sauce and mushrooms - nice, quick and easy! I think it's about 4 or 5 syns for the pesto sauce, so I was still well within syns and on plan. I'm a good girl I am!

Today's plan is

Breakfast

Lunch

Kidney Bean risotto (rice, kidney beans, green and red pepper, onion, stock cube, tomato puree (1 syn?), cumin, chilli powder) with sprinkling of cheese (last of HexA)

Snack
Apple and banana

Dinner
2 quorn sausages and Ainsley Harriot couscous, probably the Spice Sensation one as that's my favourite! That's a couple of syns or so! I'm forgetting, so just as well I am generally well within allowance as it allows for brain-farts! :eek:

Drinks

Water, green tea with mint, couple of cups of normal tea with skimmed milk from HexA

Nice surprise getting up this morning, OH had done the dishes! Very rare that I get a day off the dishes, so it was lovely! He's off now to get potting mix as he's having a green-thumbed day! It's all cloudy outside at the moment but it's quite pretty as we have the mountains behind us and there is all low misty cloud on them which always looks lovely and mysterious!

I don't have the most exciting day planned ahead, I've got some ironing to do for my m-i-l - which is a real measure of how much I love her, as I detest ironing and do as little as I can get away with for ourselves these days! I'm getting quite saintly! Now if only I could be bothered to polish my halo, I'd be quite sparkly!

Apart from that and general mum duties I intend to sit and read my book! I shouldn't really because I've only got 2 more left in my "to read" pile and then I'm stuck, books cost too much here to buy very often and certainly not til I get a job. Timing is so bad though as if I'm working I won't be able to take m-i-l to her appointments and stuff but we need the money. She'll understand but I don't like letting people down. Meh! That's a bridge to cross when I get there!

I better get on with stuff. Hope everyone is losing their poundage in a happy, safe and successful way! or weigh! :p :D

Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp!

Good morning all :)

Today is my traditional weigh-day but as I only started back on plan a couple of days ago, I'm not going to weigh myself til next Sunday.

Well food-wise again I followed a green day but not quite the one I planned! I think it's because I'm a quiet rebel and even rebel against plans I make myself! :rotflmao: Actually I think I came to that conclusion earlier in the diary and that's why I freed myself from planning my meals too rigidly! But this time I'm going to persist and see if I can teach myself to be a good girl! ;) I had the correct breakfast and dinner, I just had jacket potato with cheese, beans and mushrooms again for lunch. So it was no drama, it was on plan, just not my plan! Not enough fruit and vegetables though I think. Today, I'm going to try....

Breakfast

Lunch

Snack
Apple and banana

Dinner
Omelette and stir fry veggies

Drinks

Water, green tea with mint, couple of cups of normal tea with skimmed milk from HexA

It's a lot cooler today than it's been recently, it's a lovely 24c at the moment, it will probably warm up a bit more as it's only 9am but hopefully not too much. Summer is on it's way but I like winter here best!

I've got a corker of a bruise coming up on my leg at the moment. I did the ironing for m-i-l yesterday morning and when I took it to her house yesterday afternoon, I couldn't see where I was going and walked right into a stone garden ornament so it whacked me on the shin. Huge lump now so I think it should start going pretty colours later!

Youngun spent the morning potting and repotting plants into bigger pots yesterday with OH - she loved it! My OH has a green thumb (not literally though :eek: ) and I hope he can teach my daughter well as I'm fairly hopeless in the garden.

Anyway, time for brekkie and get dressed. May try and have a quiet day today but fat chance of that - I've got my own ironing to do now :cry:

Hey Ozzie,

Good to see you back!!! :D Sorry to hear about your MIL though :( Hopefully if she has a PMA it's half the battle with these illnesses. My husbands Nan has been battling leukaemia for 6 years now and at the age of 84 she has an amazing outlook on life and she keeps saying she won't let it beat her!! My MIL and Nan in law are both flying over to the UK on 9th December for a month which just shows that if you have a good PMA about you, you can beat anything!!! I really hope the chemo starts working soon :)

I have been plodding on with SW but I just keep getting down to the weight that I am and then going up 1.5lb and then back down etc etc, so I have taken the diet bull by the horns and have switched over to WW for a few weeks as I desperately want to call target before my Daughters 2nd Birthday on 23rd December!!

I hope you start seeing a loss on the scales soon!

Hey Sara! Good to see you visit again and ty for welcoming me back :D

Let me know how you go with WW - if this attempt doesn't work with SW then I'm seriously thinking of giving WW a go, purely because I could go to meetings here for WW and that might spur me on to success. I just dread counting points again - I did it about 16 years or so ago and it did my head in :rotflmao: Fingers crossed that it works for you!

Once again I didn't manage to stick to my plan for yesterday .... it ended up being a red day! Had cheese omelette for lunch and bolognese served on mixed veg (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots) for dinner. Still on plan though and being good - so all is not lost!

Today is a red day! (probably) Actually it has to be as it's past lunch time now and I've committed to redness by having meat with lunch!

Breakfast

Lunch

Leftover bolognese sauce from yesterday served on mixed veg (broccoli, cauli, carrots)

Snack
Apple and banana - milky way (5 or 6 syns)

Dinner
Probably omelette.... or ham salad.... or ham omelette and salad.... who knows!

Drinks

Today I feel better than I've felt for a while, so I'm hoping that being back on plan is suiting my system. In all honesty I think it was the big heaps of veggies I ate last night made for a happy tum!

Not much else to say, had a quick trip to the hospital with m-i-l this morning for a blood test, tomorrow she has a transfusion, then we did a little bit of shopping. She's trying to keep getting out and about but obviously without overdoing it!

Grey day again but at least it's mainly dry and it's lovely and cool - about 25c today. Just watching the clock now ready to go and get my daughter from school in 20 minutes or so and then my peace ends. She's a right little babblebox, very good company though! Then I think I should do the last of my ironing - well the last of the ironing that I can face doing - I have stuff in the ironing basket that has been there months - I think I need to sort through it, perhaps some of it needs to be chucked, that's my plan/hope anyway! :rotflmao: I'm hopeless!

Anyway, hope all is going well for everyone! Keep on truckin' :D

Big whoop! I stuck to my menu plan - probably the first time ever! :D

Breakfast

Lunch

Jacket potato with cheese, beans and mushrooms

Snack
Apple and grapes - milky way (5 or 6 syns)

Dinner
Kidney Bean risotto (rice, kidney beans, green and red pepper, onion, stock cube, tomato puree (1 syn?), cumin, chilli powder) with sprinkling of cheese (last of HexA). Hopefully this time I will eat it, I've put it on my menu several times and it hasn't happened but it's seriously one of my favourite meals - especially the leftovers on the next day!

Drinks

Busy day today, already been up and done the dishes, taken OH to work now got daughter up and breakfast for her and a load of washing on. Then it's the school run, a bit of shopping, drop my OH's drinks bottle off at work, he forgot it, then home for brekkie, then round to get m-i-l and take her for blood transfusion.... that takes me up to lunch time and the rest of the day depends on what happens at the hospital - got to finish off my visa forms as I was having nightmares about them last night which is a sure sign that I'm worrying.... and try some more job applications, if anyone tells me they're looking for a "local" today I'll give them a piece of my mind - I'm in the mood for it! :eek: :D

Beautiful day out there today - blue skies, sunshine and just a few puffy white clouds! It's probably going to be a scorcher although it's a lovely 23C at the moment with a gentle breeze.

Had a sneak peek at the scales and nothing is moving yet, but I'm just going to keep on keeping on and see what happens.

Hi Ozzie, just checked in to see how things are going with you and was very sad to hear the news about your MIL. I can see your point with feeling some determination to have a good crack at sw if she can struggle on and still be optimistic with all that she's going through. I don't think you can beat the feeling of waking up knowing you've had a good day on plan the day before and I wish you all the luck in the world with it :)

I've got a job now - which is wonderful and very definitely linked to having the confidence now I've lost weight to go out into the big wide world again. I've had to switch groups as I can't make it to my normal group but hope that's only temporary as I miss the support of the friends I made.

I've struggled on, it hasn't always been easy, as once a food-a-holic, always a food-a-holic I reckon...it's just coping with those days and getting straight back on plan that is the difference. I've lost 6st 12lb so far and really working hard this week to try to get my 7st award.

If I don't get on here again for a while, then you're never too far from my thoughts. xx

Awww Marie - it's lovely to "see" you again! I often wonder how you're going! You're doing so so very well!! Will send you a pm later with more wibblings from my world ... I think I live on my own little planet now. I'd make a good hermit which is strange considering how much I enjoy chattering, mind you I think I'd need internet access which might undermine my claim to be a hermit .... hmmmm I'll have to think this one through!

Diet-wise - I've been mainly sticking to plan but with a few takeaways thrown in so I haven't actually been losing weight but at least the status quo has been maintained. *pause while I sing a few status quo songs in my head*

It will be interesting to see what happens in the next few weeks with my weight as it may start falling because I quite frankly am skint and can't afford to be naughty in any way shape or form :rotflmao: I've been muddling along on the bare minimum for the last few weeks but now have no "bare minimum" left. Prioritising means feeding my girly and the pets first and I'll just have to muddle through. I've never been in this position before and quite frankly it's depressing and distressing. However, I will get through it and come out smiling.

Still no good news on the job front, it's amazing how worthless some employers can make you feel just because you chose to put family ahead of career. I had a good career, a good job and then life got in the way and I had to put it all to one side to look after my daughter and then care for my terminally ill parents. No matter what happens, I don't regret what I did for an instant, it may have backfired on me careerwise but at least I have a clear conscience that I was there for my parents as they were there for me when I was young and in more recent times, I have been there for my daughter to give her the best start I can.

Hopefully my permanent visa will come through soon and then my employment prospects might improve. I can only hope.

M-i-L started the second phase of her chemo last Friday so I spent the day at the hospital with her. She's been so ill - strangely enough it's not the chemo that's making her feel ill but almost constant reflux which she was getting before chemo started. There seems to be nothing that they can do about it. It's heart-breaking to see her so ill but still she's putting on such a brave front and thinking of everyone else. At least I can make her laugh and provide taxi services, thankfully she is declining my ironing help at the moment which is good as I loathe and detest ironing!

Anyway, that's what is happening here. I'm not giving up on SW or on this diary just can't visit as often as I did, but I want to keep it going so that when I can get back to concentrating on weightloss I can remember what has been going on in my life.

Hope everyone else is well and happy. Things may sound a bit grim here and at times they are, but mainly I still muddle along, having a smile and a laugh as I go. Illegitimus non carborundum est. :p ;) :D

Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp!

Bit of a bad thing when forced to admit that you have become a stranger to your own diary :eek: :p I really really don't want to undo all the good work I did at the end of last year/beginning of this and whilst I have kept it off mainly, I still have about 1.5 stone to go actually probably more like 2 stone but one step at a time!

Decided to give it another go, I feel as if my motivation is back this time rather than forcing myself to do it, I really want to shed some more poundage. I think it's because I've grown used to the weight I am now and instead of thinking "yay go me, I've lost a fair bit" - I look at myself in the mirror or reflected in windows and think "who is that wobbly middle-aged lady", so I think it's time again to make myself feel good and get back in my metaphorical truck with my imaginary goat, Reggie :rotflmao:

I was actually woken up to myself by reading the Sunday weighers thread which I started a year ago, and someone thanked me for a good thread, and I thought yes, it is a good thread with some lovely people in it, shame I'm not one of them! So I'm back with a vengeance.... and a lot of nonsense :p :D

All is plodding along here, still no job, even less money, "Christmas is cancelled and the goat is getting thin...." - but we're all still smiling, god knows why! :D Good news re my m-i-l, the second round of chemo went well, she hasn't really had any bad side-effects and strangely enough is feeling a lot better than before the chemo, as the anti-sickness medication she is getting now seems to have sorted out her reflux, so she's stopped being sick and is enjoying her days far more! Time marches on quickly though as it's round 3 of chemo at the end of next week, so I'll be up at the hospital with her for that.

I'm sticking with green days and have been back strictly on plan for about 3 days now or maybe 4. I'm going to stick with my Sunday weigh day although I didn't actually weigh myself before I started but I think I was back up to about 169lbs. I'll guess my loss on Sunday based on 169lbs and then record it properly from there. I'm hoping that having been vaguely naughty although not terrible for a while that going back properly on plan will give my losses the shake up that they so badly needed.

Anyway, I'm planning to keep up my diary properly, if not every day then most days and see how I go!

Keep on truckin' :character00182: Parp! Parp! Although I'm the last of the truckers that is truckin' - I miss Sorus and CyberRuby. The world needs more inane ramblings :p

Back