Pancake Day (aka. Shrove Tuesday)

Phoenix_Girl

How many of you will be doing Slimming World Pancakes today or even normal ones?

Do you guys fill them with anything or just have them as they come?

Think I will be having sweet ones with fruit today! :D

none for me. im all about the sugar with pancakes and i cant have just one.,

so ive popped a nice pork cassarole in the slow cooker and will just make pancakes for the kids tonight.

No pancakes for me today, we're not really bothered this year so not going to the fuss of making them. Helps the diet too!

None for me! When I was little my mum used to do us pancakes with sugar and orange juice, usually about 3 or 4 at a time! I bought some ready made ones for my husband and he's been having them for breakfast but we're just having the orange this evening.

My mum used to make us platefuls of pancakes with sugar and lemon juice too. When I think back to when I lived at home and how huge portion sizes were and how we were made to eat everything on our plates, (usually cooked in butter!) it is no wonder I began putting on weight and developed such unhealthy eating habits.
I shall be cooking pancakes tonight but only two each for my husband and son and none for me, it isn't worth the negative feelings afterwards.

Aww! Mums tend to show their love towards their off-spring by feeding them up, Pootle! :) Think most Mums are much better educated about healthy eating these days though. It's like when I think how many historic fillings I have, compared to both my son (aged 30) and my daughter (aged 28), who both have NONE.

Oh, well. We must have been well loved, Pootle! :D

Kathy xx

I had a synned pancake ( made with a mix) and sweetner and lemon juice
I have some mix leftover so may have one for breakfast or tomorrow eve

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins.com

There are some Mama Rae's sweet pancakes which I love on offer at Iceland. £3 for 24. I could easily polish those off in a couple of hours! I'll be heading off to Iceland first thing tomorrow morning before weigh in but will instead be getting excited over the new SW ready meals. I've got vouchers from my consultant, but they are still so pricey. Iu'll try them out this week but I think they will have to be occasional treats for when I really can't cook!

I missed out on pancakes yesterday as I completely forgot and ate what would have been part of the pancake recipe (35g porridge oats) so I made them last night but didn't eat them and had them for breakfast at work this morning! (When I say pancakes, I mean SW pancakes!) I Used the porridge oats and yogurt with eggs mixture with sweetener and I was expecting them to be yucky but in fact I ate them this morning with some raspberries and blueberries and they were really nice!

I syn a little bit of Flour and make them with yoghurt, stevia, vanilla essence and egg (all of which are free).

As for porridge oats, I make porridge cake :)

Back