Pancake Day

caroline1985

hello to you all,

As you all know its Pancake day tomorrow im wanting to make them with my 6 year old
any one know of any slimming world recipes for the pancakes and fillings that go with them please?
im looking for a savory pancake that i can add fillings to and roll up and bake in the oven. thinking of having that as a meal. instead of having it as a dessert type fruit, choc sauce and honey.
can any one help please. x

From the Slimming World Website

Makes: 8 pancakes
Syns per pancake: 1½ Syns

Ingredients:

57g plain flour
2 medium eggs
142g/5oz fat free fromage frais
145ml/¼pt skimmed milk
Fry Light

Method:

Sift the flour into a bowl and make a well in the centre. Add the eggs and fat free fromage frais and whisk until smooth. Pour in the milk and whisk again to form a batter. Stand for 30 minutes, then cook one at a time in a non-stick pan lightly sprayed with Fry Light.

Top tip: If you’re in a hurry use a ready made pancake mix (128g pack makes 12 small pancakes, around 2 Syns per pancake)

Savoury fillings they give are...

cheesy spinach pancakes. They’re simple to whip up and they’re suitable for vegetarians. Fry an onion and a crushed clove of garlic for 2-3 minutes in a pan with Fry Light. Add baby spinach and cook and cover for 3 to 4 minutes or until the leaves have wilted. Transfer to a sieve and squeeze out excess liquid. Return to the pan and beat in a tub of quark and grated nutmeg. Fill your pre-made pancakes with filling, roll up and place in shallow ovenproof dish. Sprinkle with 30g Parmesan (6 Syns) and bake in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until golden and crisp.

This tasty pancake pie is a perfect main course for meat eaters and is great served with salad. Heat Fry Light in a pan and add in onion and extra lean minced beef, carrots, tomato puree, canned tomatoes, garlic, ¼pt stock made from Bovril, salt and pepper and simmer for 15 minutes. Use a non-stick deep ovenproof dish (a little larger than your pancakes) and layer pancakes between the meat mix, finishing with the meat mix. Top with fat free fromage frais and sprinkle over a Healthy Extra portion of grated cheese. Place in the oven for 20 minutes until brown.

If you’re fanatical about fish, this one’s for you! Succulent prawns (Free on Original and Extra Easy) are a sure fire way to spice up your pancakes! To fill each pancake simply coat the peeled prawns in 1 level tbsp salsa (½ Syn). Add strips of peppers and onions for a fajita style pancake then wrap and enjoy.

I can't think of any other savoury fillings you could do. I'm more of a sweet pancake person :)

I found this receipe for syn Free pancakes from an old post:

"Hi, guys
I have just made the most delicious syn free pancakes :drool: and they are sooo easy to make All you need is:
1 Egg per pancake
2-3 Teaspoons sweetener (depending on own taste)
3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence then fold the yolk into the egg white
Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake) And then Hey presto scrummy syn free pancakes

All you need to do is add some strawberries or banana whatever takes ya fancy

Believe me they are gorgeous ive just made one for my partner and he loved it xx"

This is the one i'm going to try!!

Linds x

I'm gonna try this one too :)

There is also a syn freemagic pancake recipe

Soak plain porridge oats (HE B) in vanilla muller light over night if possible if not a couple of hours is fine.
Then whisk 3 eggs with 2 tsp if sweetener and then add porridge oats and mix well.
Heat frying pan well with frylight then add about 1 tbsp of mixture (best to make small pancakes as easier to turn), cook for about one minute before turning over

Enjoy!!

I made the magic oat pancakes twice. The first batch was great. The second lot they just wouldnt set in the pan and was a pain to flip. Was just too much like porridge. I'm not sure where I went wrong but will deffo have another crack at them. I loved the first lot though I have been bragging to everyone about them!

All the recipes are lovely i think ill have my pancake day tomorrow after weigh in iv had a pretty bad week lol

Pete’s Pancakes

Makes 10 pancakes=3.5 syns each

Ingredients

120g Plain Flour
2 Eggs (ff)
300mL skimmed milk
Fry Light

* Add-ons
*Lemon juice
* Nutella 1tbsp=4.0 syn
*Honey 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*maple syrup 1tbsp=2.5 syn
*Sweetener 1tsp=2.0 syn

Method

Sift the flour from a height into a bowl, allowing the air to get in.
Make a well in the middle and break the eggs into it.
Begin whisking the eggs into the flour.
Gradually add the milk, still whisking, until all the liquid has been added and you have formed a smooth batter.
Leave to stand for 15-30 mins.
Heat a frying pan over a high heat until hot.
While the pan is heating, measure 2 tbsp of batter into a ladle (note how full the ladle is to avoid having to re-measure for further pancakes).
Once the pan is hot, reduce heat to medium.
Spray pan with 2 spray of oil per pancake.
Add the pre measured batter mix to centre of pan, and tip from side to side to evenly coat the bottom.
Check when edges become loose (about 20 seconds) and the batter is cooked to the colour you want, turn the pancake over.
Cook the second side till done.
Remove from pan onto a plate and keep warm while you make the remaining pancakes.

SWPancakeSmall.jpg

Best picture as I was cooking in a Community Centre in a corner! Was cooking for over 5 hrs ,cooked over 105 pancakes, only ate 4! never want to see another pancake again.......

I found this receipe for syn Free pancakes from an old post:

"Hi, guys
I have just made the most delicious syn free pancakes :drool: and they are sooo easy to make All you need is:
1 Egg per pancake
2-3 Teaspoons sweetener (depending on own taste)
3-4 Drops of vanilla essence

First seperate the white from the yolk and put into separate bowls, Whisk the egg white until fluffy and add the sweetener, In the other bowl add the vanilla essence then fold the yolk into the egg white
Heat a frying pan with frylight, add the mix and spread as you would a normal pancake after a few mins flip over (But do be careful they are much more delicate than a regular pancake) And then Hey presto scrummy syn free pancakes

All you need to do is add some strawberries or banana whatever takes ya fancy

Believe me they are gorgeous ive just made one for my partner and he loved it xx"

This is the one i'm going to try!!

Linds x

Just made these (recipe from Pebbles and Gang thread). Doubled up the quantity for partner and self. They tasted lovely on their own but all I had on mine was lemon juice with no added sweetener, as they were sweet enough for me. The options for toppings are endless, of course. They were really tasty and easy to make. x

Going to try this today for breakfast, will let you know outcome !!

Flour white, plain (25g) Syns 4½
Flour white, self raising (25g) Syns 4

Milk whole (per 100ml) 3½ Syns

Milk whole (175ml) 6 Syns or can be used as a HexA

Eggs free

Back