Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Week

Discussion in 'Meetings and Events' started by Symphony, 21 November 2010 Social URL.

1. Symphony

Symphony Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World

Hi Everyone.

I hope i have posted this in the right place. Feel free to move if needed.

Next week is Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Week and i urge you to try and do some fundraising for this cause.

This cause only recieves 1% of funding!! and with a disease that only has a 3% survival rate it is really important they get as much help as possible.

My mum was diagnosed with PC back in September so this is a cause that has become really important to me. Mum is doing very well although not elligible for surgery she is having chemo and is very positive.

We recently lost a family friend to this horrible disease too.

As i cannot post links yet, please take 5 minutes out of your time to google Pancreatic Cancer uk and make a small donation.

Why not even do your own purple day at work or meetings to raise a bit of cash.

I myself is doing a purple evening and having some friends over.

Anyway i hope you all dont mind me mentioning this.

thank you for listening

Sarah xxx

Popular Forums
  1. is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.