Paralympics

Yep! Can't wait, me & kids getting tucked up in bed now ready for opening ceremony :)

We're all watching it start now, gonna get some tickets to go and see some :)

You know my FB was clogged with Olympic this that and the next, yet not a peep from the Paralympics!
Shame!

Shirleen, you need to get some new friends on fb lol. My fb & twitter are FULL of the paralympics. It's times like this I wish I had a telly. But then again, I don't think I could afford the tissues. Sob

Shirleen, my 14 year old daughter is also taking an interest, so much so that she is a little cross that it's not on the beeb and doesn't have the same coverage.
My FB was full of people discussing it too, which is just fab!

I really enjoyed the opening ceremony.

i must admit - i am disgusted that the Paralympics isn't getting the same coverage as the Olympics - why not? It's disgusting really to be honest. My hat goes off to them. My target is to be at my goal dress size of a 12 by the time the next olympics comes along!!

Just watching it now on c4 and the ad breaks really do spoil it. Next time hope it's back on the bbc

Just watching it now on c4 and the ad breaks really do spoil it. Next time hope it's back on the bbc

That is the only thing that puts me off watching it. Still, gives me time to go grab a drink etc i guess :)

Two of my disabled friends went over to London to watch the games they are having an amazing time xx i wish i could have gone xx

i must admit - i am disgusted that the Paralympics isn't getting the same coverage as the Olympics - why not? It's disgusting really to be honest. My hat goes off to them. My target is to be at my goal dress size of a 12 by the time the next olympics comes along!!
Ditto! I can't believe how little coverage they are getting, i thing it's disgraceful and in my opinion, they have worked harder than those "able" (so sorry really hate that term!) and deserve much much more recognition than they have been getting...
*gets off soapbox*

I watched the drama on the BBC called The Best of Men. It was how the Paralympics were started. It wasn't a particularly good drama but content was very interesting. I wonder if there is a book..

Back