Paramedic's diary

bella16

I've been reading a lot of everyones weight loss diaries, and it seems that writing one has been helpful for weight loss journeys, so I have decided to write one myself.

As the title suggests, I am a paramedic and work horrible shift work :-( it might surprise you (or not) that we as a collective are not the most healthy of people, we drink, smoke, and eat a lot of things that are really not healthy and don't do very much exercise. Hopefully, tomorrow I am going to start changing that for myself.

I have been on the Cambridge diet before, I lasted about 2 months and lost about 2 and a half stone and loved it, but as always I gave up. This time though it will change, it has to, because I don't think I can cope with all the negative feelings that come with being overweight.

I am 5 foot 5 and weight 16 stone - the heaviest I have ever been, and the most unhappy I have ever been - this is why things will change. I am starting ss again tomorrow.

Sorry if this has been one long rant, but I am hoping that there are people here who may give me support, as my OH won't. I have been reading other diaries and am in awe of many of you, especially LovelyLauren and Kez. I'm hoping that we can all support each other through the bad times and good times.

That's it, sorry for the long rant!

Hey Bella :) Welcome and good luck! I started almost 2 weeks ago just under what you weigh now and I am finding it good so far. Well done on your past losses - at lest you know it is doable!

I know what you mean about those in the health profession! My Dad is a nurse working on A&E and he is always ill and the lot of the nurses dont eat properly and smoke too much..

Make sure you let us know how you get on :)

Hi bella,

Just popped in to say good luck with your CD journey and on starting your diary.

I am sure the poor diet and smoking has a lot to do with the stressful nature of the job. It can't be easy at times and it is second nature to reach for the nearest comfort to help cope when life is tough.

You did well the last time you did CD, two and half stone in two months was a good weight loss.

Be sure to do all your body measurements and take some before photos now.

Good luck with starting SSing tomorrow, you can do this:)

Good luck, i'm new here and it's a great site! Last time I tried CD I felt like the only person in the world doing it!
Also loads of before and after pics and diaries of people who have done amazingly well, just makes you want to have your own success story and pics!
X

Back