Parts of the body you didn't know you had!

minilady

Gold Member
I just had a bit of a fright!!!!

Was having a bath and I know this sounds sad:eek: but was feeling my ribs, something I havent been able to do for many years!!!! Then I found a lump, started panicking and screamed for hubby to come take a look. He was less than impressed as he'd zonked on the sofa in front of a film he insisted on watching:rolleyes:

He came to inspect the lump, by which time I was having palpatations, he roared with laughter and told me it was my sternum (sorry if spelt incorrectly) Well although relieved that I'd live another day, felt like a complete twonk:eek: :eek:

Anyone else noticed bits they didn't know they had!!!???;)

Tracey
x

:rotflmao: = from me

:nightf: :whoopass: = from poor OH

actually I keep putting my hands on my back just above my waist (the new waist which has begun to appear:) ) & feel the roll of fat which is no longer there.it just sort of goes up now:D :D :D .love it.

i'd be carful on the bath you might find all sorts of lumps..hips,knees,clavicles.......

I have collarbones!!!!!! hehe :)

Last year, I had exactly the same scare in the shower! My bones spent so many years under a duvet of blub that they were alien to me when they started to emerge!

Another thing that happened was that when I slept on my side in bed, I found my knee bones would press against each other and it was quite painful! There was a comfy pad of fat between them before :p

It's a real journey of discovery isn't it!

The first time I saw my collar bones was quite a surprise and I find lying on my side in bed can get uncomfy cos of these funny things called hipbones. It is a voyage of discovery in many ways - enjoy :D

I find it uncomfortable on my sides now ... I can also ffel my hip bones though they are by no means sticking out ...lol

I find lying on my side in bed can get uncomfy cos of these funny things called hipbones. :D

I find it uncomfortable on my sides now ... I can also ffel my hip bones though they are by no means sticking out ...lol

OMG thought it was only me.I didn't post it on the thread as I was fearful that it was just old age & arthritis.
i've woken up several times really with y hip a bit uncomfortable & had to roll onto my back.
you've just reassured an old fart that there's life left in them hips yet:D

PS do you re-adjust & sleep more comfortably again after a while?
cos I'm much happier on my side..as they say

PS do you re-adjust & sleep more comfortably again after a while?
cos I'm much happier on my side..as they say

Yes, you do get used to it, I still sleep on my side, it hurts more if I'm on my side but slightly rolled over to the front, so I'm usually ok.

You'll also notice that hard seats/chairs are more uncomfortable as your padding on your bum reduces :p

I am a belly sleeper but havent been able to for years now due to hernia, if I lay on it its bluddy agony the next day.

I just keep swapping sides....lol.

Yes, you do get used to it, I still sleep on my side, it hurts more if I'm on my side but slightly rolled over to the front, so I'm usually ok.

Gosh that just reminded me.Inthe old days BC BF ( before childen ,before fat) I used to sleep in a sort of recovery position..so maybe i'll start to do that agian.It's lying with the hip directly underneath that's uncomfortable.
You'll also notice that hard seats/chairs are more uncomfortable as your padding on your bum reduces :p
Oh great..now she tells me.
Life is wonderful being slim..only you can't sit down & yuo can't get a decent nights sleep:wave_cry:

I am a belly sleeper but havent been able to for years now due to hernia, if I lay on it its bluddy agony the next day.

I just keep swapping sides....lol.

I can see how that would be uncomfortable.

are you OK on your back as well?

I cant sleep on my back......I like to snuggle up under the duvet...lol.

Also I keep looking at my avatar, cant believe it is me without the chin and extra plumpness round the face ....really is weird.

ive noticed the hip thing - it really hurts when i sleep on my side now lol.

the thing ive noticed recently is ive got cheekbones!!! i look at old pictures of me with my round face and cant believe its the same person!! :D

I also catch sight of my hands /wrists and they dont look like they belong to me.....they are so slim now its weird. I have an 8" bracelet...mans size actually as they are the only ones that would fit...now it hangs down over my hand a bit .....and will soon be able to slide off altogether.

Yup them bones is definately emerging! My arse is ready to hit the floor, as are my boobs but my collar bones, chest bones & hips are def emerging!! How odd!

Also I keep looking at my avatar, cant believe it is me without the chin and extra plumpness round the face ....really is weird.

Meant to say how much I like your new avatar pic.
Your face has changed shape .much prettier.

Yup them bones is definately emerging! My arse is ready to hit the floor, as are my boobs but my collar bones, chest bones & hips are def emerging!! How odd!

EEErrr the sagging boobs.Mine are pretty terminal now.
Oddly it doesn't bother me as much as I thought it would.
Guess that's what bras are for;)

Food fairy you've found sore hips lying on your side too.
boy I'm so glad i read this thread, as I really thought i was odd.

thanks for starting it Tracey old pal

Jane you're more than welcome!

MD mentioned a boney bum. I too have trouble there, as I drive a mini ans suspension is nearly non existant, I don't drive for long in it as I now feel every bump!

With regards to hips, I lay on my front (normally trying to deter hubbies advances;) ) But I have got big bruises on both hips from my exercise classes, we lay on our sides doing some contortion thing with our legs, supposedly to tone the inner and outer thighs. I have to try and balance half way between hips and bum to do it now:( Not a sight for the faint hearted.

What are we like, we moan about being fat ansd now we find faults with being thinner! No wonder men don't understand us:D :D :D

Tracey
x

I have got big bruises on both hips from my exercise classes, we lay on our sides doing some contortion thing with our legs, supposedly to tone the inner and outer thighs. I have to try and balance half way between hips and bum to do it now:( Not a sight for the faint hearted.
Tracey
x

Ah now that's a bit disappointing.I know exactly the position you mean & I alway found it quite uncomfortable & assumed that it woud get less so as I got lighter as the pressure on the hip bone would be less.
Didn't think about the cushioning getting smaller at the same time.
Haven't been to gym class for a while as I've been getting my exercise in the garden,but will be forewarned now :(

Back