Party food suitable for slimming world

Hi guys!

Its my 2nd week on slimming world and i've lost 7lbs already (whoop!!) but i'm going to a christening tomorrow and i don't want to fall at the first hurdle by eating what i think may be low syns but in fact completely blowing my budget.

Can you guys give me a list of party foods to look out for and their syn values please? Thanks xxx

Well done on your losses so far! I'd avoid anything likely to be deep fried like samosas or spring rolls. I'd also avoid anything with pastry like sausage rolls or mini pasties and anything covered in mayo like potato salad. Go for salad without dressing, lean meats if you can and things like jacket potatoes. At the end of the day though, you can only do your best with what is on offer. Make the healthiest choices you can and try not to stress about it. It's just 1 meal out of your week and is unlikely to affect your losses. Good luck!

How about making a big batch of pasta (sw friendly) and offering it out (put it on the buffet table) obviously ask the host first haha, but that way you know whats in it and can eat that and others can try it too :) xx

Thanks guys! Sadly its at a pub who are catering for it, i think i may have to stash a pasta pot or a banana in my handbag just in case :) xx

Thanks guys! Sadly its at a pub who are catering for it, i think i may have to stash a pasta pot or a banana in my handbag just in case :) xx

Can you not call the pub, and ask what they're doing? Maybe explain that you follow slimming world and see what they say! Then atleast you can be prepared

On occasions like this, if the food really isn't what I want to be eating, I just ignore it and talk to people. If you are talking you can't be eating!

This is easy if it is a buffet, obviously more difficult if it is a sitdown meal. And personally I find it much easier to decide not to eat anything than to waste time peering at everything and wondering what the syns would be. I can always eat when I get home.

If you tell the pub that you are following a gluten free diet they are likely to provide something like a ham salad. I do this for our meetings in work it was the idea of one of my senior managers, she noticed I was eating my own food and asked why, I explained and she asked about the sort of things I can have, I told her and she suggested requesting a gluten free meal next time.

you could try filling up on syn free soup before you go as you will be less likely to pick. I have done this a few times.

Back