Party - Good or bad idea?

Taz

Spam Hunter
I have so far lost 51lb and still have quite a bit to lose but I was considering hosting a "Look what I did!" party when I reach my target so I can show all my friends and family my acheivement. I have many friends that I stay in touch with but rarely see so they don't see the results of my hard work and the ones I see all the time don't notice my losses as it is so gradual. I would love to gather them all with a load of before/during pictures so they can help me celebrate my success (when I get there!)

Does this sound to sickening and exhibitiony (I don't usually have a lot of confidence) or would it be a good idea?

Girlie, that is a fab idea! You have done so well, why shouldn't you have a party to celebrate, that is the result of hard work!!

xx

Yeah I agree with Steph - and think I may pinch your idea! xxx

A party is a great idea. Why shouldnt you celebrate all your hard work.

Go for it :D

thanks guys, I really want to but I wanted to get other points of view. I am a party planner so I will make any excuse to have a party! It won't be for a long while yet as I have a while to go before I am 'there' but that just gives me more time to make sure the party will be great!

and I hope we're all invited Taz!! x

4 Years in June so it's been slow progress. The party would be in Bristol but I would love to have some Minimins support there!

i'm so impressed with you sticking at it for so long, you'll have to let me know your secret!? I always manage a month or two, loose 1/2 stone or so and then forget all about it. It's only when i then put on a stone that i think about doing it again! must try and hang in there long term - any tips would be welcome!

Party on Taz!

I think it is a fantastic idea ... make up for all the hard work and occasions you've had to miss or be good at. Well done on your WL.

I think thats a fantastic idea!

You've come so far and the end is in sight! Well done!!

Party is a fab idea - I'm sure you'll surprise quite a few people with how well you've shrunk!!

Annette x

Yay what a confidence booster ! everyone telling you , you look great......also it would prevent you from putting it back on
Good luck
Ruthy xxx

That's very true Ruthy, it would be very embarrassing to put it all back on after showing it off like that!

Ok, well I have provisionally set a date for the party, 4th October this year. I know i won't have reached my ultimate target by then (which I have reset) but If I can shift 2 stone I should be able to fit nicely into the lovely slinky size 12 dress I have and plan to wear for it.

One problem, usually when I set goals for myself I tend to go in the OTHER direction! I will need loads of support to get this weight off if I am to stick to this date.

Should I have not set a date yet?

You have left yourself plenty of time to slim into your slinky size 12 so I am sure you will be fine - as for needing lots of support I cannot think of a better place to get this than minimins :p.

Maybe you could start your own slinky size 12 thread to track your progress?

Back