Extra Easy Party snack recipes

*Theresa*

Anyone got any good ideas for party food. My mate is having her house warming next month and I plan on taking healthy nibbles as all my syns (and then some) will be spent on vodka. Oh also limes are free but if I cut a lime into 8 and then use a piece to squeeze into my glass each vodka and diet lemonade to give it taste and also help me keep count of my drinks is it still free ???

Back to the food I will take carrot sticks and cucumber sticks so need a dip...possibly quark based? And I will make some lasagne crisps but what else can I do ???

lasagne crisps?! what are these?!
My mother in law made a curry mayo dip, she used xl mayo but guess you could use quark, curry powder, and mango chutney to tate - obv you'd have to syn that bit but it's delicious, no real recipe just throw it in and taste it...

low syn salsa dip, 1 syn onion bhajis, chicken breast or thighs or something- obv they're free on EE or red, grapes, pineapple, mikados (0.5), mini meringues (1)

Ooooh some great ideas there guys.

Lasagne crisps are you boil a lasagne sheet for 5 mins or so to make it aldente and then you take it out and pat it dry. Cut into 8 either strips or triangles and then pop them on a baking tray and spray with frylight...season and then bung in the oven at 180ish...erm can't remember how long for as I never time just do it by eye for when I think they are browned enough. The 8 are 2 syns so 2 for 1/2 a syn and they are fab. ;)

syn free quiches!!

Make them in yorkshire roasting tins so that you get losts of little ones, amazing hot or cold!

I am love love loving this idea and for some reason although I make the quiche for me never even considered doing it for the party.....DOH lol

Oh also limes are free but if I cut a lime into 8 and then use a piece to squeeze into my glass each vodka and diet lemonade to give it taste and also help me keep count of my drinks is it still free ???

I would think so, it wouldn't make you consume anymore than you normally would (like 8 oranges making just one glass of juice that would go in just a couple of gulps). You would only have one limes worth of calories... Great idea for keeing track of your drinks too! :D I'll have to remember that!

Just checked and it says in the books that lime juice/ rind is free so you should be fine :)

Ooooh sorry that was a bit misleading. 1 lasagne sheet is 2 syns so 2 crisps are 1/2 a syn.

Meant to say too I use the smartprice lasagne sheets for this which are about 40p a pack so it makes loads for dead cheap ;) They kind of turn out a bit like tortillas

syn free quiche into chunks is yum..

- i made the syn free bbq sauce last night and it is fab, would be really good as a glaze to use over some variety of meat, maybe chicken wings? x

Slices of ham or smoked salmon in tubes with a quark and herb filling

Slices of ham or smoked salmon in tubes with a quark and herb filling

Oooooo this is a good one!! I LOVE salmon with Extra light Phili garlic and herb in!! And the syn value is very generous!!

I make the scotch eggs out of the mag with the pork mince or instead of minced chicken they are good party food and also if you are doing sw quiche layer a muffin tin with slice of ham and put filling in that then you have got individual ones and you don't have to use pasta for base.

Back