pasta

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by mum of 2, 14 July 2010 Social URL.

1. mum of 2

mum of 2 Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Diet:
    slimming world
    Hi,

Please can someone explain why fresh pasta is synned, but dry is not?

My husband was asking and I dont know myself. Is it cos it is cooked in something before being sent to the shop?

Thanks

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. jellibabe

jellibabe Full Member

Diet:
    S&S
    im not 100% sure but i would think its because of the type of flour. I think its semolina flour used in most dried types and a general white flour in fresh

4. Lovely_Laura

Lovely_Laura Moooooo

Start Weight:
    33st0lb
    Current Weight:
    21st13.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    11st0.5lb(33.44%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    I think they have to add some oil so it doesn't all stick together. At least I heard that about noodles so probably the same.

5. jerricebenton

jerricebenton Silver Member

Start Weight:
    20st9lb
    Current Weight:
    20st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Low Carb
    Yes, it has oil added to keep it fresh, moist & to stop it sticking together in a gloopy mess! lol

6. avisk

avisk xx

Diet:
    Slimming World
    There are two types of "fresh" pasta - the type which you put in the microwave, or straight into a wok, which is already cooked. This does indeed have oil in it to stop it sticking together.

Then there is the fresh pasta from the chiller cabinet at the supermarket which usually has the same ingredients as dried pasta. No oil. It usually needs cooking for 3-5 minutes.

I checked this out at Waitrose the other day. Their own brand fresh tagliatelle had the same ingredients as the dried tagliatelle - durum wheat, eggs, water.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.