Pasta'n'sauce

AlmostThere85

Jut have a question......

I have been here a week and I noticed on the boards that everyone raves about this pasta and how good and low syns it is.
Now my question is 'do slimming world promote this product? Or is it boards like this that promote the product?'

When I told people I was doing SW they all said wow stock up on pasta'n'sauce and muller yogurts.

So I tried the pasta and I didn't really like it, which is personal preference. I prefer tomato based things, plus love making my own pasta sauce. Then after I ate it I read the ingredients and it was full of flavourings, some random chemicals, and obviously pasta. Anyway it didn't look healthy from looking at the ingredients and I know it's hard not to add chemicals in dried produce.

So that's why I ask if SW promote this dish. As I wouldn't think they would. But it seems like they do.

I don't think slimming world actively promote anything other than their own products (hifi bars) but these pasta n sauce things are quick, easy and low synned so are really useful when people are in a hurry or a challenged in the culinary department.

I agree with you, I don't like them, prefer tomato based sauce and worry about the ingredients BUT diet wise they are so much better than grabbing a pizza or a macdonalds :eek:

AlmostThere85 said:
Jut have a question......

I have been here a week and I noticed on the boards that everyone raves about this pasta and how good and low syns it is.
Now my question is 'do slimming world promote this product? Or is it boards like this that promote the product?'

When I told people I was doing SW they all said wow stock up on pasta'n'sauce and muller yogurts.

So I tried the pasta and I didn't really like it, which is personal preference. I prefer tomato based things, plus love making my own pasta sauce. Then after I ate it I read the ingredients and it was full of flavourings, some random chemicals, and obviously pasta. Anyway it didn't look healthy from looking at the ingredients and I know it's hard not to add chemicals in dried produce.

So that's why I ask if SW promote this dish. As I wouldn't think they would. But it seems like they do.

They don't promote it as such, it just so happens it is a free food due to the pasta it contains but you do have to be careful as they aren't all syn free. Like you I'm not keen on these (however I am partial to the odd mugshot which is a similar principal of minimum nutrition with chemical additives). There are also many people who don't like/can't eat mullers for various reasons but think people talk about them because they are fairly widely available in all areas and when people find a free food, they tend to let others know as they can be useful for times when you can't prepare a meal. I don't think SW actually promote any foods except their own range of hifi bars and the scan bran, they are much keener to promote the idea of cooking from scratch as far as I can gather.

Sorry Julesy R think my posts are crashing with everyone due to my broadband, so similar answers :)

Pasta n sauces are pretty awful I have to say - just full of chemicals and taste really bad. SW do not promote them but as they're free I guess a lot of members plump for them.

I do have the chicken and mushroom one on very very odd occasions when I am pushed for time. I always fry up extra mushrooms and I must admit I quite enjoy them. But it is only on the very odd occasion! Cooking from scratch much better for us, we know what we are putting onto our plates then :)

I know they are full of chemicals etc but they are great if you're on a diet because they really taste like bad food, esp the cheese leek and ham one, despite being so low in syns. They are a convenience food, so not meant to be nutritious unfortunately but they're great if you need an enjoyable (if you like it of course!) low-syn meal in a pinch.

I like to cook them but then add in a load of stuff myself, like broccoli or leeks or peppers or onions or peas, just chuck it in the pan with the boiling pasta and serve with a quorn sausage or two and some cottage cheese for protein. This is genuinely one of my favourite meals.

i always have mu shots in the cupboard. I would never include them in my meal planning but they are usefu; for that moment when i need to grab something crappy to eat and don't want to o to any effort, i just wanna EAT. they are better than a packet of crisps or a pot noodle which would have been my pre-SW go to!!

They have their advantages and disadvantages!!
Ive never tried mugshot: do they go thick? Or are they like cuppa soup with a bit of pasta floating around?

AlmostThere85 said:
They have their advantages and disadvantages!!
Ive never tried mugshot: do they go thick? Or are they like cuppa soup with a bit of pasta floating around?

Obviously depends how much water you add but I don't add much so definitely thicker rather than cup a soup

I agree that they are probably not the most nutritious things you could be eating, but they are handy for those who aren't confident cooks or for those times where you are in a bit of a rush and need something quick and easy. They are certainly better than say, a packet of crisps or a McDonalds.

I wouldn't say Slimming World promote these products - they promote nothing more than their service and their products (HiFi bars, Scan Bran, books, etc.) but they're like anything: if they fit into the plan and members find them useful, they will be mentioned.

Back