Pataks curry paste - jalfrezi

loveheart<3

Hi I have done a search but can't find anything for this one? Does anyone know how many syns the paste is per tbsp?

Thanks <3

loveheart<3 said:
Hi I have done a search but can't find anything for this one? Does anyone know how many syns the paste is per tbsp?

Thanks <3

Things like this can be easily worked out using the 1 syn for every 20 cals formula as it has no free food allowance :) HTH

Thanks for that I did 1 tbsp per person so works out only 2.5 syns each :)

I did try to work it out using the 20kcal:1syn but it only had kcal for 100g and had no scales

Thanks for that I did 1 tbsp per person so works out only 2.5 syns each :)

I did try to work it out using the 20kcal:1syn but it only had kcal for 100g and had no scales

Things that are pretty much liquid/solid like oils, pastes etc will be 15g a (LEVEL) tbsp as a tbsp is 15ml. Its only powders, granules, ground stuff that will be lighter than the 15ml=15g rule, because they are partly or mostly airs so wont weigh so much :)

ermintrude said:
Things that are pretty much liquid/solid like oils, pastes etc will be 15g a (LEVEL) tbsp as a tbsp is 15ml. Its only powders, granules, ground stuff that will be lighter than the 15ml=15g rule, because they are partly or mostly airs so wont weigh so much :)

Thanks for that, that's quite handy to know, I tried to find out before if there was a rough weight of tbsp servings will have to write that down!

Don't know if this thread is still going but I'm planning on making a curry with this at the weekend. Half a jar is used in the recipe but I get around 6 servings out of it and other than that it's all free or speed free foods used.

I really hope there isn't a lot of syns in this! May try using a jalfrezi spice mix next time rather than the paste?

Back