Paul Mckenna

Hey calamity, Duathlon is 3.5km run 10km bike ride and 1.5km run. Hard work but something has made a change. Hope it continues.
Maybe you could buy one from an online trading site?? Dont know what you would call them where you live :) I think you just have to acknowledge that at least you are making some kind of effort towards your health. Talk soon

Thanks for the tip Nellyphant, I'll take a look next time I'm round :)
Managed to do a whole beginners cardio video today without stopping - delighted!

Well done Calamity, that's really good - I still haven't done any exercise :eek: I really was going to do something yesterday, but kept making excuses! I listened to the motivational video and I think I need to do it again as exercise is my nemesis but I know I need to do it and I want to do it, until it comes to actually doing it - I've always got an excuse!

I bought a reasonable pedometer from Boots a while ago, it was about £15 (I used my points) but it's very accurate, the only thing with very cheap ones is they're not always that good.

I'm making particularly healthy choices at the moment, but I have cut down on my snacking by acknowledging that I'm actually not hungry at that point in time and can have it when I feel hungry later.

I'm only on Day 3 so it's very early days for me but I'm taking this a day at a time and realise it's not going to be a quick fix, but at least I'm not starving and being able to eat anything I want is wonderful! :D

Hi Ladies, mind if i join you. I done paul mckenna at the start of jan for a few days and loved it. Had been doin sw until now with no success so going to give p mck another go. i'll let you know how i get on today. Hope you are all enjoying it x

hey janbow, calamity and nellyphant hope everything is going well for you!! keep it up

Thanks atsmith :D

Hi Ladies, mind if i join you. I done paul mckenna at the start of jan for a few days and loved it. Had been doin sw until now with no success so going to give p mck another go. i'll let you know how i get on today. Hope you are all enjoying it x

Hiya, let us know how you get on.

Guess what guys - I just exercised :eek: Honestly that is such a big deal for me, I never exercise I'm inherently lazy but I listened to the trance again yesterday and watched the motivational video re moving this morning and had a go at an exercise video I recorded off Sky (channel 282 I think). It was a dance one & I didn't manage all of it, but felt exhausted (and mighty pleased with myself) when I finished :D

Also last night went to a friend's and she always gets out the choccie biccies (my favourites) with a cuppa in the evening and I always have one or two, but yesterday I realised I was full and didn't want one, so said no - so all in all I feel I'm making some progress.

My question to you guys is how do you manage with stopping when you're full? I eat slowly and do feel the signal that I'm starting to fill up but when I'm enjoying my food I don't want to leave any and find it really hard not to finish off what I'm eating. Did it last night, there was only a little bit left when I felt full so I finished it off but afterwards felt too full & knew I should have stopped - but I'm finding that hard. I'm going to try & dish out smaller portions so I have the option of having more if I'm still hungry when I've finished and see how that works.

How's everyone else getting on?

Take care all

Jan x

I'm putting my meals on a side plate and leaving a bit like you're supposed to. My meal looks huge as the plate is full but it's about half what I would normally have.

Im happy for anyone to join and share knowledge!

I live in NewZealand and have not heard of any videos available,just the book,journal and hypnotic cd. Where can i purchase the video.

Jan fantastic you acheived sooo much yesterday! Feels good aye.

Im restarting my journal today as i have fallen off the wagon a bit, eating unconciously. I find things become a real challenge when i am tired, i wish i could just hop into bed but im a busy mum and wife. Lots of stuff happening around here and the chaos sometimes gets the better of me. I suppose thats why my weight is of such concern, because i think that if i was just that much smaller i would be fit and able complete more, my attitude postive and coping strategies easier

Did my jog yesterday and that was hard, but i pushed past it and completed the whole thing. A slow jog it was. My big butt is quite hard to carry around but i have really got to be where i want to be, and that is a lot smaller and fitter so i can cope with life with my 5 children and husband.
I am excited that im on a better path and thankyou all for sharing
look forward to your posts.

Welcome betty, it's great to meet more people in the same boat :) All the best with your weight loss!

Well done Jan! That's exactly what I've been doing - skyplussing workout vids. Much cheaper than going out and buying dvds and much more variety too! Just getting started on one has been scary enough - I panic about people seeing me through the windows (unlikely unless they are 8 foot tall giants who can see over the garden fence, but hey, body issues aren't the most rational things!)

I'm freaking out a bit (in a good way) that I seem to have discovered salad! Generally, vegetables are something I avoid like the plague, but I've been buying bags of herb salad in tesco, adding some lemon balsamic and feta with spring onions and cucumber (which I particularly hated before).

The family are starting to give me smaller portions, but even then, having food put in front of me just looks so huge! An interesting test will be that we are baking today and tomorrow for guests (I'm going to try out some diety recipes, more for experimentation than anything) so I'll be interested if I end up with cake or not. The thought of cookies is not going down well at all - normally I wouldn't need to be asked twice!

Stopping when I'm full is probably the one I'm having most trouble with at the moment. I just don't seem to be getting the signals as strongly at the moment which is a concern - I seem to be mainly existing in neutral. Still, continued improvement! My scales seem to be packing in finally, but I'm feeling a lot thinner this week and am convinced I look better than I have in years.

Hi guys, I would say Good Morning, but it's not morning in NZ so I'll stick with hi to avoid confusion LOL!

I'm liking the sound of your new found love of salad Calamity, that's great and that you're having smaller portions, I think that's the way to go for me as it's so hard to stop eating once you've started!

Have fun with your baking and remember to enjoy what you've made, if you really fancy eating a cake/biccie you've made then go for it! It's lovely not being on a diet and not having to say no, I shouldn't, but it's still hard not to feel guilty sometimes, years of dieting mentality doesn't go away overnight.

Well done on your jog atsmith, that's one thing I can't do (well one of many LOL) my sister (who lives in NZ by the way) runs marathons, does tri-athlons, plays hockey and is so fit, I couldn't be more opposite of that if I tried!

I'm out most of today, going to see a friend but planning to use my Bodi-Tek machine in front of the telly later, it's like a surfboard, that moves back & for & up & down, it's great and is supposed to give your muscles a really good work out - it's been very neglected but it's been dusted off & is now waiting for me!!

have a good day all

Jan x

Alas, my carrot cake didn't turn out so well. Asked my mum for advice on converting grams to ounces and the number she gave was half as much flour as I should have used! Not my best cake, so it's not been too much of a wrench to avoid it as I know it's not that tasty.

I have had a few moments of breaking the rules this week - I've run for the biscuit tin twice when I really did not need to, I just felt like it. The last couple of days though I seem to be back on track much more though. I've just been trying to listen to the CDs, exercise and think my way through things, as I know fine well I'm not hungry when I'm eating so even the tapping and spinning techniques haven't been much good. Still feel that I'm moving in the right direction at least!

Hope you're all getting on well :)

hey all is well on this end, i did my weigh in and i got rid of 3.5kg not really sure how much that is in pounds. But i Feel good. My running program i started is working out better than i thought. I have been very successful with that. I have been eating better than not. So Calamity all i can say is at least we are trying dont you think. We could have downed a few more calories if we were on the old path. Good luck til i hear from you soon.

:)

Hey at. That's almost 8 pounds, really good!
I've not weighed myself this week - I'm trying to go to fortnightly rather than weekly now, but the jeans I got in the boxing day sales are pretty much falling off me. They're so cute, so it's a shame, but I can't say I'm that upset by it! Also, I bought a smart suit last year when I was at my biggest when it was too small for me. Now it's not only fitting, but I can actually do the jacket up (a big step!) and have room to spare. It's the little successes like these that are really keeping me motivated :)

Hello everyone

Im so pleased to have found this thread. Been looking for some support for ICMYT program for a while. I lost 4st last year on the cambridge diet and I have 1.5st to go reach my target weight. Ive tried to restart the diet many many times, even though I havent put more than a few pounds on, which is good! I cant seem to get back into the diet mentality anymore.
Its too difficult, I keep failing, blaming myself and feeling very low, not getting anywhere this time.

So a friend suggest Paul Mckenna's method and I do believe he talks sense, and that it could work, supported by the people who have managed to lose on it, however Im still a little skeptical.
I think perhaps it wont work for me because my metabolism is so messed up from the last year or so of yo yo dieting.
I dont feel I have any other choice, dont want to diet anymore.
I have the cd, book and journal, just need some buddies to help me through. If anyone wants to join me and just give me a kick up the backside every once in a while I'd be very grateful.

Reena, WOW what a fantastic journey you have conquered!!! I will definetly be keen to see you reach your goal and will be a virtual kick in the butt from time to time. Keep going for it and hear from you soon

Hello Reena, glad to hear from someone else in the same boat and congrats on your weight loss so far. I'm sure virtual kicks up the backside can be acheived between us!

P.S. Exercise bike was reduced again to £25, I caved and bought it. :D

Hi everyone, hope you don't mind if I join. I started LighterLife in November, thought it was ridiculous and stopped. Then I read ICMYT and thought it was great! I've lost 22lb so far and feeling great, completely in control and excited about losing weight. I need to start exercising more though - now I've finally got some energy! What do you all do for that?

Jo xxx

Hey Jo Welcome!, at the moment im training for a duathlon. I havn't been able to run for such a long time. So i searched the internet and found a programme for beginners on about.com its really good if running is your end goal. You start off by running/slow jog for 1min then walk for 1min alternating for 20mins. I found it really hard initially but it has got easier as you progress through the plan. I have worked through to now running 5min walking 1min for 30mins soit is possible and i got rid of 3.5kg in two weeks,feel better and clothes not fitting as wellwhich is a bonus.
I suppose you just have tofind something you really like to do. Walking is always good, its free, you can start at your own time and pace and you can go where and whenever. What are you interested in doing for exercise? Swimming/aqua aerobics is good for getting started too!!

Hello everyone!

Fellow Paul McKenna convert here, glad to see other making the system work for them.

Discovered this method after seeing Paul for just about 5 seconds on the One show the other month. Read about his method, and gave it a try, when i found the weight was falling off, i decided to dive in and bought the book and iPhone app. Now i'm 2 weeks in and 8lb lighter, i wanted to find a forum for discussion about it.

The first week it was simply and easy, if not too easy, the past week ive stalled, and been getting back into bad habits, so i'm reading the book again to get back my enthusiasm. Its certainly a more sustainable method (i wont call it a diet ;)), I did atkins once and its just not sustainable.

It makes me think what an unconscious eater i was before, and how massive my portion sizes were. I eat so much less now. i know not to put big portions on my plate. As with others i'm finding it hard to stop when i'm full sometimes, i was def a member of the clean plate club, so i started leaving something every meal, and that's stopped so i must start it again. Quite strange how hard that was the first few times, actually leaving some food on your plate.

I'll admit to being a fan of 'fast food' and i feel i can still have what i like, i just order less.

The first Sat i wanted Pizza Hut, now normally i'd order a Med, but it was BOGOF, so i wanted to order a small pizza, but couldnt for some reason. So i ordered a Med, and only eat half!!!! I would have prob had both mediums before!!

I hope this thread is a busy one, so please reply and we'll get some good advice, chat and tips going.

My total goal is to get down to my idea weight, which is about 11 st!! but seeing as i'm 12st 12lb, my next goal is 12st 7lb.

Oh and Thanks Paul McKenna

Back