Paul Mckenna

Hello everyone!

Fellow Paul McKenna convert here, glad to see other making the system work for them.

Discovered this method after seeing Paul for just about 5 seconds on the One show the other month. Read about his method, and gave it a try, when i found the weight was falling off, i decided to dive in and bought the book and iPhone app. Now i'm 2 weeks in and 8lb lighter, i wanted to find a forum for discussion about it.

The first week it was simply and easy, if not too easy, the past week ive stalled, and been getting back into bad habits, so i'm reading the book again to get back my enthusiasm. Its certainly a more sustainable method (i wont call it a diet ;)), I did atkins once and its just not sustainable.

It makes me think what an unconscious eater i was before, and how massive my portion sizes were. I eat so much less now. i know not to put big portions on my plate. As with others i'm finding it hard to stop when i'm full sometimes, i was def a member of the clean plate club, so i started leaving something every meal, and that's stopped so i must start it again. Quite strange how hard that was the first few times, actually leaving some food on your plate.

I'll admit to being a fan of 'fast food' and i feel i can still have what i like, i just order less.

The first Sat i wanted Pizza Hut, now normally i'd order a Med, but it was BOGOF, so i wanted to order a small pizza, but couldnt for some reason. So i ordered a Med, and only eat half!!!! I would have prob had both mediums before!!

I hope this thread is a busy one, so please reply and we'll get some good advice, chat and tips going.

My total goal is to get down to my idea weight, which is about 11 st!! but seeing as i'm 12st 12lb, my next goal is 12st 7lb.

Oh and Thanks Paul McKenna

Hey oasismark and welcome onboard :) Congrats on your weight loss so far, that's really excellent :D.
I know what you mean about Pizza Hut. I think that was the first time I ate out after starting the system. I got a tuscani pizza rather than a deep pan, and only ate half and no pudding! Such a change! I also totally know what you mean about unconscious eating. I was quite freaked out at just trying to wait til i had totally finished each forkful, with the occasional pause, and found my hand actually twitching to pick up more!

On my end, things are going ok, but not brilliant. I'd been doing loads of exercise up until the end of last week, where I seem to have done something to my knee. As a result, no fitness videos or exercise bike in almost a week. Starting to try and persuade mum to find a quiet time at the local pool and do some swimming.
Only two pounds lost this fortnight. Still going the right way, but I wanted to be 17 stone 3 by the end of the month to be on my overall target :(. I had a wardrobe clearout at the weekend, and started to put away some jeans and such that are obscenely big on me now - it helped in feeling that I'm not going to just pile the weight back on, but the real test will be whether in a few months I can actually bring myself to chuck them out!

Calamity - give the clothes to charity, don't keep them, its like telling your unconcious mind that your weight loss is only temporary...

Good tip.

I'm the opposite, i buy t-shirts/jeans that are a bit too small and tell myself i'll get into them one day.

I can actually get into them now. :)

Oh I have plenty things that I've bought on the "I just need to diet a wee bit" excuse. Most of which are now in my wardrobe as I'm intent on getting into them soon.

As for the clothes, when I say put away, they're all boxed up in the cupboard in another room so just ripe for forgetting about. I just need an inbetween stage I think, particularly as a chronic horder, as I'm totally useless at being ruthless and getting rid of things. I'm hoping to have another clear out around the summer when I will donate or bin everything.

Right!

I'm falling back into bad habits!!

I need a good talking too. :mad:

After an amazing first few weeks, i'm stalling now, I find i'm falling back into bad habits. I'm finishing my plate, eating too fast and not thinking about my food.

I'm lucky i've not put much back on, but mustn't let myself slip back into those bad habits i had.

I thought it was going too easy! :rolleyes:

Going to read Pauls book from start to finish again, and must try to listen to the trance, though its difficult to get 30 mins alone in todays rat race days.

Any advice guys?

Back on track.

Been reading teh book to get motivated again.

Beed very good the last few days, back on track and down to 12st 9lb

My lowest for years.

Well done! I was watching some of his "I Can Make You Thin" US programmes that I'd recorded on Sky+ at the beginning of the year this morning.

So I'm raring to go. I have the book and the CD's etc. I need to just eat what everyone else is eating as my almost 4yr old DD has developed some bad eating habits, as in says she doesn't like anything so we all need to eat the same and I don't want to make a fuss about my weight or size around her as I don't want it to rub off on her.

I think my goal weight would be around what you are now realistically.

Little things help!

I decided whilst trying out this method, i'd take Pauls advice and make tiny adjustments to do exercise!

I work on the 4th floor of the building, and decided i'd make the change of taking the stairs.

And i've only just worked out how much its helping out.

4 flights of stairs
At least! 4 times a day (morning, am coffee, lunchtime, pm coffee)
5 times a week.

4 x 4 x 5 = 80 flights of stairs a week!

Thats the same as walking to the top of the Petronas Towers in
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Kuala Lumpur [/FONT]every week!

7d40ff85660c43db4a2dbb43a8e31abc.jpg

AND thats only walking UP them!, doesn't include walking down!

MAKE A LITTLE CHANGE!

Hey people!!! I havnt been on here for three weeks!!! I have not been following the program but im gunna!! AGAIN!!
Guess what I can now run for 1/2 and hr on the treadmil and on the road!! When i first posted on here i was working toward that goal and now its achieved!!! Yes! I feel fit and have more energy. I dont care about dieting! I know my desired comfortable weight range is possible and will happen for me. Im not weighing myself because i think thats just reinforcing something that i do not want, thats to focus on how much i weigh!! Glad to be back and look forward to hearing all the good stuff that is happening for you all!! :)

hey, I'm just starting the plan, any tips? I've already decided to eat alone to start with, as one of my problems is just not concentrating on my food! I really hope this works for me.

Hi everyone :D

I'm new to this forum, looking for fellow Paul McKenna followers!!

I am on day 27 at the moment and doing well I think. I am struggling to find "proper" food to eat, I have dieted that much that I have no idea anymore!

Hi everyone, so glad I found this thread. I am thinking of following this plan as I am so confused as in which foods I should or should not eat when following other diets. Is this the only thread for Paul McKenna?, just seem's awfully quiet, would appreciate some company :)

Last edited:
Hi Wendy, im doing Paul Mckenna, hope this thread becomes busier! Ive lost half a stone in 4 weeks so far doing it on and off but today is the day im going to begin changing my habits properly and just eat "normally" like I used to :)

heya im diong paul mckenna as well! just re started last week. so far going good i think, definately getting used to the stopping when full thing again, and read a really useful tip the other day. when you eat and in the book it says chew 20 times then take another bite...well i find that this makes me not concentrate on the food and i end up feeling like im not really eating at all. all i do is make sure its been chewed properly ie no lumps, then stop for a good 10 seconds between each bite. means i can concentrate on the taste better AND notice the full feeling much easier than i did before. really seems to be working for me!

Ive just started this program too and so far I love it, I love being free of dieting and Im definitely eating less than when I am dieting and subsequently breaking my diet and binging. I just have to get the cd onto my ipod asap and Im sure that will help even more

Haven't checked in in a while, but just wanted to put in my two cents (would rather put in two pounds lol) and say that I'm still following it, thought not as closely as I should. While I could do better at eating consciously/when I want, the way I eat food has totally changed, which I'm particularly pleased with as I am still unfortunately "at the scene of the crime", that is to say in the same circumstances which caused me to become so fat in the first place. As of today, I've lost five stone, more than I've ever lost in one go. I've stuck to eating healthily for about 9 months now, whereas in the past I'd go on a diet for a month and put it all back on immediately. Better still, I have the self belief that the best is yet to come and very soon I'll be able to wave goodbye to plus size clothes and being the fat girl, and finally be the drop dead gorgeous diva I was meant to be. :) Yay for Paul McKenna!

hi im not exactly following the plan at the moment though i do try and keep the rules in the back of my mind. just wanted to say though, well done on your 5 stone loss thats absolutly amazing!:D

Thanks suse and congrats on the pregnancy! Hope all is going well :)

I've just had my laptop repaired, so loaded on the CDs. I can listen to them in my room at night now - no excuses any more! They've always been the biggest help even though I keep saying "Oh they make me sleepy, I'll do it before bed" or "Oh I'm too tired to stay up and do them" so hopefully i can just leave my laptop on when I go to bed.

Made a little spreadsheet today with dates and such since my original target was to have lost 11 stone by the end of the year. Not sticking to the rules that well during the spring meant things are going slower than I had planned, but 3.5 pounds a week would see me bang on target for hogmanay. Difficult as I've been more like 2 pounds a week, but I'm still determined. Going to track my weight loss on graphs now to see how I'm doing. Also got a calorie widget on my google homepage, more to make notes of what I'm eating rather than to count them. I've noticed recently I've got into a bad habit of snacking later on (though to be fair I've skipped dinner due to not being hungry, I just think there's better things to snack on than cheese wraps) so hopefully writing it down and using the mind programming will help that.

My parents are absolutely hating my insistence on planning healthy meals but that's just tough. Considering their BMIs are about the same as mine they could stand to lose more than a few stone as well.

Heh, just got offered a biscuit, and not hungry and turned it down, woohoo! I am so going to do this!

Got back into doing the CDs every night and it's definitely helping. Left half of my sandwich at lunch, went on the exercise bike for the first time in months today. Had a little bit of a binge on chipolatas dipped in houmous last night, but I'm PMSing something awful and that tends to lead to much worse binges. Definitely feel much more relaxed and focused!

Noticed the point about playing the cd makes you sleepy, I always play mine at night and find that it does send me off to sleep but as Paul says on there that it doesnt matter as it will effect your subconcious and help you anyway. I've found that since using it I have slowed down my eating considerably and don't gobble my food in 2minutes like I used to. Also, I do now recognise when I am GETTING full and then stop eating and not wait till I can't move!:D
Also have his book and cd on being more confident which has helped as well as often when we get bigger our confidence can diminish.
Of course there is the time that it takes to listen to and read these things but with my being disabled I have plenty of time but am not able to exercise.
In my day, just a few years back I would go to the gym and work out for an hour then have a swim, played badminton, did LOADs of linedancing and had an allotment. Exercise while you can, guys, I'll be thinking of you sweating cobs!! lol!:giggle:

Back