PCOS and VLCD

Hello ladies :) Can I join you? I have been on and off diet for years but it's only after I discovered Cambridge that the weight really started to shift. I did not know at the time that I had PCOS. I was quite scared by the diagnosis but my GP assured me it'd help to lose weight and I have not looked back.

I have now lost 100lbs since my heaviest weight and my periods are now more or less regular (between 28 and 30 day cycles, but apparently, it's normal) and my hirsutism has improved too (although I'm still feeling very self conscious).

We have not started TTC yet but it won't be long now! And I can honestly say that starting a VLCD was the best decision in my life. I dread to think where I would be without Cambridge now... I know it's not everybody's cup of tea but it has worked really well for me and I know I can easily fall back on it as a crutch should I need to in the future.

xxx

Hello ladies :) Can I join you? I have been on and off diet for years but it's only after I discovered Cambridge that the weight really started to shift. I did not know at the time that I had PCOS. I was quite scared by the diagnosis but my GP assured me it'd help to lose weight and I have not looked back.

I have now lost 100lbs since my heaviest weight and my periods are now more or less regular (between 28 and 30 day cycles, but apparently, it's normal) and my hirsutism has improved too (although I'm still feeling very self conscious).

We have not started TTC yet but it won't be long now! And I can honestly say that starting a VLCD was the best decision in my life. I dread to think where I would be without Cambridge now... I know it's not everybody's cup of tea but it has worked really well for me and I know I can easily fall back on it as a crutch should I need to in the future.

xxx
I was reading through your list of mini and medium goals and you've done amazingly well. You're a real motivation. Thank you for posting.

I agree with you - VLCD are the way to go for me too. Normal diets don't work as well with PCOS and this gives real results quickly. So glad I found out about it. So many people don't know and I didn't for the longest time. I'm now fully into Exante. All my CWP products are used up. We'll see how the weight in goes on Saturday morning once the TOTM is done.

Deepwaters5, I've been okay. Almost 100% on Sunday and Monday, trying to stay 100% today. TOTM though so struggling a bit. Hence needing to have something last night. Couldn't face the thought of going to sleep with a rumbly tummy on top of everything else.

I started S&S fully yesterday (altho I have some LT left) and get pretty full eating the soup and meals packs. Plus I get to have veg! I figure I will try it for a few weeks and see how my weight loss is as people are different.

How are you feeling on S&S?

Hey, have not been on this forum for a bit! S&S is nice! Only a few things I've tried and are only so-so. A couple of things I haven't been brave enough to try yet. :) I had lost 3 lbs in the first 4 days of the diet so pretty sure it will work about the same as LT. However, husband was on holiday last week and I was on totm so those combined I didn't stick to it 100%. Got myself out of ketosis so trying to get back in at the moment. How are you doing with Exante?

Back