peanut bar......

rumbly-tums

Slowly but surely x
I love my orange bar, I really do but the carbs are high for my liking. So my CDC gave me a peanut bar to try and JESUS. Its super sweet and yakky.
I know some of you love it but Ill stomach the carbs on my orange bar from now on......... Until the mint one arrives ;)

I LOVE the peanut bar and I think I could actually live on three of them a day (if that was allowed!) Do you not find the orange one salty? x

i do think the orange one is a bit salty but i tend to find that the miniscule amount of choc on the outside makes up for it!

I must admit the first time I tried the peanut bar it made me gag , but now I love it , I adore the orange ones but like you wanted to cut down on the carbs , I now have 4 peabut and 3 orange a week ... may be worth giving the eanut bar a few more chances as it does improve :) oooooooo and i am sooooooo excited about the mint one .... am drooling at the thought :)

i cant wait for the mint choc bar, ive gone off all the other bars so only have one in an emergancy

to me the malt toffee has a weird onion after taste, lol
used to love em

toffee one is gagaciously vom

I LOVE the peanut one and the orange one makes me gag - isn't it funny how we all have such different tastes x

I love the peanut one - was so late with lunch today I had a bar instead of shake...so now i'm left with no 1/3 bar treat for this evening !

But can't wait for the mint one though

i like the peanut bar and hate the others, can stomach the orange and cranberry if i must. just think you're eating a peanuty snickers bar instead.

I love my orange bar, I really do but the carbs are high for my liking. So my CDC gave me a peanut bar to try and JESUS. Its super sweet and yakky.
I know some of you love it but Ill stomach the carbs on my orange bar from now on......... Until the mint one arrives ;)

Rumbly - do the extra carbs in the orange bar make you hungry then? Is that why you want to avoid them?

Because most of the carbs in the chewy bars are in the form of polyols, which strictly speaking isn't carbohydrate but is in fact a form of fibre. If you were doing Atkins, you'd deduct the polyol carb count from the total carb count in order to work out the net carbs.

This is controversial stuff though, cos some people's bodies see polyol carbs as being like any other carbs and respond accordingly, i.e., blood sugar rises and the pancreas produces insulin to deal with it. Other people find that they can eat polyol carbs without there being any effect on their blood sugar. This is why you'll find polyol carbs in diabetic chocolate for example.

If polyol carbs don't make you hungry, there's no reason to avoid chewy bars. Being in a deeper level of ketosis doesn't magically speed weight loss - not in a situation where you're only taking in around 500 calories a day anyway.

Back