Pear Juice

SUE49

Today I have juiced some pears with lemon and I also did some carrot and apple. Can anyone tell me if these are Syn free or if not how to Syn juiced fresh fruit.:confused:
Thanks for any help.

Unfortunately if you blend or doing anything to fruit then it is no longer syn free.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Drinks - Cold, Juices, Carrot juice 142ml

red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

Basic/Non Branded Foods Drinks - Cold, Juices, Apple juice, unsweetened 142ml

red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

Pear juice isn't listed but I can't imagine it would be much different.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Drinks - Cold, Juices, Orange juice, unsweetened/freshly squeezed 142ml

red.gif
Original 2½ Syns
green.gif
Green 2½ Syns

Thanks for your help Circes, I thought those values applied to bought juices not home juiced ones. Ihad a couple of small glasses so its fortunate that I hadn't used many syns today!!
With regards to what you said does this apply to mashing a banana please? I always have one with my breakfast cereal.
Sue

Yep afraid so :(

Basic/Non Branded Foods Fruit - Fresh, Banana, flesh only, pureed/cooked 28g

red.gif
Original 1½ Syns
green.gif
Green 1½ Syns

I don't go to a SW class but have the necessary books, so can someone explain what is the reason that Juiced fruit and mashed fruit is synned as it is still raw fruit. Does it do something to the nutritional value?

The easiest way I find to think about it is to think about the Innocent Smoothie adverts (if you haven't see them, YouTube it!). They show you how much fruit goes into every carton (loads!) - most people could probably drink a whole carton pretty easily, but would probably struggle if presented with plates full of the 'raw' fruit.

Although pureeing or cooking doesn't change the nutritional value, it does change how much you can eat without trouble, and therefore increases your calorie intake. Also, it's digested much faster than 'raw' fruit, and so you feel full for less time (so more likely to snack).

Hope that helps a bit...

Back