Extra Easy Peckish

Kirky<3

Hello im on slimming world..struggling what i can pick at. I have my breakfast around 7am and by 10.30ish im peckish. Ive tried fruit on my desk but i am little bored of that now..any ideas what i can pick at to keep me going until lunch??

I usually find I need a bit of protein if I am peckish and fruit isn't doing it....could you have some cooked chicken or hard boiled eggs at your desk?

Hiya,

Mugshots are filling, I have the same problem and just had one of them and I am fine, most of them are free!

Or seafood sticks I think are quite filling if you like them!

Hope that helps xx

Do you use all of your heb? if not you could have an alpen light? or could you nibble on something like pasta salad? I also ensure I've always got a full glass of water on my desk as it so helps me to stop snacking so much. Think rich tea fingers are only 1 syn each. I often snack on chopped up melon and strawberries and kiwi.

What are you having for breakfast? It might be that you need to eat a bit more then, to keep you going.

And are you sure that it's hunger at 10.30, not just habit or even thirst?

Hello :) I also used to worry about what to snack on when feeling a bit peckish at work, so I hope some of what I have learnt can help you out a little.

In my drawer at work I always keep a supply of Mugshots and Alpen Light bars to snack on. Mugshots are quite filling and aslong as you have access to a kettle they are perfect for snacking - many of them are Free, and the rest are pretty low in syns.
Alpen Light bars are also great, particularly if you fancy something sweet. They come in a variety of different flavours (the chocolate and fudge are particularly yummy! :drool:), but you do need to be careful when shopping for these as there are also Alpen bars which are not 'Light'.

On my way to work on a morning I occaisionally pop into Tesco Express and pick up a few of their small fruit salads. These are great and many of them contain lots of SuperSpeed foods - Melon, Strawberries, etc. Particularly handy if you have a fridge/somewhere you can keep them cool at work. If you wanted to keep expenses down you could prepare your own fruit salads at home, pop them in a lunch box and take those into work.
I also find that little lunch boxes filled with things such as carrot and celery sticks, etc, are great for snacking.

Again, if you have somewhere available at work to keep food cool, MullerLight Yoghurts are great! Completely free and yummy!

As well as the snacks I always have a 1L bottle of water at my desk. Sometimes what you think could be hunger might in fact be thirst - it's always handy to have a bottle of water available.

I'm sure some of the other members will be able to provide you with other options, but these are the main things I tend to have at work. Hope this helps a bit xxx

Thank you all for your help..great ideas. I will have a bit of a shop and some snacks stocked up for work. Thanks again, have a great week :) xx

Hello :) I also used to worry about what to snack on when feeling a bit peckish at work, so I hope some of what I have learnt can help you out a little.

In my drawer at work I always keep a supply of Mugshots and Alpen Light bars to snack on. Mugshots are quite filling and aslong as you have access to a kettle they are perfect for snacking - many of them are Free, and the rest are pretty low in syns.
Alpen Light bars are also great, particularly if you fancy something sweet. They come in a variety of different flavours (the chocolate and fudge are particularly yummy! :drool:), but you do need to be careful when shopping for these as there are also Alpen bars which are not 'Light'.

On my way to work on a morning I occaisionally pop into Tesco Express and pick up a few of their small fruit salads. These are great and many of them contain lots of SuperSpeed foods - Melon, Strawberries, etc. Particularly handy if you have a fridge/somewhere you can keep them cool at work. If you wanted to keep expenses down you could prepare your own fruit salads at home, pop them in a lunch box and take those into work.
I also find that little lunch boxes filled with things such as carrot and celery sticks, etc, are great for snacking.

Again, if you have somewhere available at work to keep food cool, MullerLight Yoghurts are great! Completely free and yummy!

As well as the snacks I always have a 1L bottle of water at my desk. Sometimes what you think could be hunger might in fact be thirst - it's always handy to have a bottle of water available.

I'm sure some of the other members will be able to provide you with other options, but these are the main things I tend to have at work. Hope this helps a bit xxx
Hello, hope you don't mind - just been reading this thread and you've given me some good ideas too as sometimes i look for something different to have as a snack instead of fruit. I always, always have water on my desk too and drink a fair bit throughout the day. x x

Back