pedometer

I have read it is 10,000 steps a day that is about five miles and you can include all the steps you do from morning to night in that total.

Based on the best evidence as of the end of 2003, Dr. Catrine Tudor-Locke recommends the following:
Classification of pedometer-determined physical activity in healthy adults:
1) Under 5000 steps/day may be used as a "sedentary lifestyle index"
2) 5,000-7,499 steps/day is typical of daily activity excluding sports/exercise and might be considered "low active."
3) 7,500-9,999 likely includes some exercise or walking (and/or a job that requires more walking) and might be considered "somewhat active."
4) 10,000 steps/day indicates the point that should be used to classify individuals as "active".
5) Individuals who take more than 12,500 steps/day are likely to be classified as "highly active".
Source: How Many Pedometer Steps Per Day Are Enough - Getting Enough Pedometer Steps Per Day

I have read it is 10,000 steps a day that is about five miles and you can include all the steps you do from morning to night in that total.
thankyou. looks like i have to get more active. at least i have somthing to aim for now. thanks again :D

Yes it is supposed to be around 10,000 steps a day. I try and remember to wear my pedometer all the time including around the house otherwise it is very very hard to reach that 10,000. I have got close but I have never quite made it - another little goal for me...:)

i work in a care home and i do a lot of walking around there so im thinking of buying one
i would deffo go for it. i have done 14,000 steps so far today but it has been a very very busy day for me. :D
i got the one from argos. was only £2.99. cant go wrong with that price!! :D

Back