pepsi max or water

tweeza

Just wondering why on the cambridge plan your allowed to drink pepsi max and still lose weight and be in ketosis and lipotrim does not allow it :confused: I drink only water but I hate it and I struggle to drink it more than I struggle not to eat food, if I could drink water and the occasional glass would be so much easier.

Anyone know why we are not allowed if it would still keep us in ketosis and lose weight

Apparently its to do with the citric acid in it. However, Atkins doesn't tell you to avoid it either. Last time I did LT I had the odd pepsi max and coke zero and found it didn't knock me out of ketosis.

thats why I was wondering why we cant do it if it still keeps you in Ketosis. I would just like to be able to have the occasional glass rather than just water all the time.
Im going to have a glass a day and see how I do on weigh in day if it affects my loss

How are you doing Dusty

will look out for your weigh in, bet you its a big one x

Pepsi max Isn't allowed on Cambridge. Some people drink Coke Zero but not pepsi max

Pepsi max has citric acid which can knock you out of ketosis. Coke zero doesn't :)

elaine it will lead me no-where I dont want to go, I hate water and even tho I asked about it Iv still to try it and am still taking the water, but i wont allow a drink of cola or anything else to make me stray from this plan it was a question about why it was not allowed on this plan but allowed on a plan that is similar if not the same!

i have coke zero and sprite zero.... everyday, plus my water of course. hasnt knocked me out of ketosis once (1stone 3lb gone in 2 weeks) xxxxxxxx

didnt know you could get sprite zero I love sprite :p might have to try that as well, Im now having the occasional glass of coke zero as it just helps having something fizzy as water is not my choice of drink good to know its not affecting your weight loss thanks for sharing that doll xx

So are we a GO on the Coke Zero, i am in the same situation and i HATE water. I just need something to put a taste in my mouth but then again its about resetting your taste buds etc etc so i will try and stick to water as much as possible. BUT i will ask about the odd glass of coke zero.... My house looks empty now though, virtually no food or drinks in lol

You will be fine with Coke Zero. I think the only reason they tell you not to drink it is because it is a slippery slope downwards for some and the idea is to cut everything out. Not everyone, some will undoubtably find it helps them stick to it, especially if you don't like water so much
There are a multitude of things that you can eat and stay in ketosis - meat, cheese, cream etc but once you start it's hard to stop x

Omg thank you so much for coming up woth this question, i am the exact same! sick to the back teeth of water!!!! and the coke zero might just help the breath, only while drinking it but its somethingm, it certainly isnt enough to knock me off LT!!! thanks for the thread, i shall invest and use it as a treat at night for getting through the day on 100% :) xx

Back