period-like pain

gobolino

Gold Member
Hello all

This is totally off-topic so I know I'm in the right place for posting :D I've been having period-like pain not at the usual times during the month, for the past 5 or 6 months (I'd say roughly on days 19 to 21, so a bit late for ovulation pain) and it lasts for a couple of days. This month day 10 and I have the same dull pain, also had other sharper pain just before bedroom activity..... now trying to get a dr appt to sort this out. Been off the pill and trying to conceive for 3 years now and so I'm thinking its time for a trip to the drs. Just wanted to know if anyone else has had period-like pain during the month and what their diagnosis/experience has been.

Thanks
:thankyou:

Last edited:
I think I may have endometriosis (after searching on the internet, which I know is not the best way to diagnose oneself but I'm worried and thats what worried people do!)..... anyway, I'm trying for a doctors appointment tomorrow, so we'll see.

My sister had endometriosis and she was in a lot of pain, so much so it made her sick. Maybe you've not got endometriosis but something else.

We've all searched on 'net to find out what's wrong with us. A few years ago I was bleeding & not the usual times. After googling my problem I'd sort of decided I had cancer, there were only three things which could be wrong with me, anyhow it was a flap of skin which catches & bleeds, I had it cauterised & hey presto no more bleeding.

Hope all goes well at the drs:D

Thanks Michelle and I'm glad you sorted out the problem :)

I've seen the dr, got a referral for an ultrasound, booked the ultrasound for tomorrow and worked out bits with bupa about paying. Plus I've booked a blood test for next week too (a big deal as I'm a fainter!)- phew :)

Back