Phone upgrade advice...no where else to ask haha

AmyLeonard

Hey everyone...

Sorry if this is a bit random but I have no where else to go/ask haha

My phones up for upgrade next Thursday and Im hoping to get an iphone... just wondered how much data im going to need on my phone??

also..

If you have been with a company for years..are they likely to give you a good deal i.e better than there prices online?

haha thanks in advance.

I just swapped my contract over. I have Virgin media for tv at home and as an existing customer Iyou can get a reall good value package. I pay £22 per month and that give me unlimited texts and data, and far more phone minutes than I'm going to be needing. Only if you're a Virgin customer already though.

Lucky 7

Im with Virgin have all the home stuff me and husband both have their mobile Ive always found them pretty good £10 got a Nokia phone 600 mins and endless texts and some data ,dont do internet on phone. So Im pretty happy with my deal.

It is always worth ringing your provider and having a chat. A friend of mine did that recently and got a far better deal than she was offered in the shop, tailored exactly to her needs (she needed some phone calls, loads and loads of texts, and some but not a lot of internet time). When you ring up and tell them that you are thinking of moving to another provider, they will be really quick to offer you a deal to keep your custom. Explain exactly what you need.

Most companies do a deal as the cost of mobiles is so lucrative. I've just had the iPhone5 on a 24mth contract. The handset was £209 and I pay £36 a month. This totals £1073 over the life of my contract! With o2 I get unlimited mins and texts and 1 meg data which is plenty enough as when I Use Wifi the allowance doesn't get used- it's only when using 3G you start to chip away at your usage allowance.

Excellent - have fun learning how to use it :)

It is taking me a while, because it is SO different from what I am used to with my old phone. But it is fun! I read a different section of the manual every so often, to learn something new.

Back