Pickled eggs

bridie

If we are allowed eggs as our protien, are we allowed them pickled?

Strictly speaking, I don't think eggs are part of sns plan, but I know some people do have them (& me!) and also people have mentioned having pickled eggs too. I suppose you just need to be careful that there's no sugars in the pickling vinegar.

I don't see why not as long as it doesn't contain sugar x

Your allowed 2 eggs as your protein. Someone before emailed s&s xx

I've had pickled eggs on occasion even though someone on here said that they are the work of the devil :)

Pickled eggs ARE the work of the devil! But if for some reason you choose the eat them then yes you're fine to have 2 as your protein. Don't blame me if your teeth fall out though!

weasey said:
Pickled eggs ARE the work of the devil! But if for some reason you choose the eat them then yes you're fine to have 2 as your protein. Don't blame me if your teeth fall out though!

Lol they are lush especially in a packet of cheese and onion crisps.... Ohhhhh :( lol

I've never had a pickled egg - I'll only eat free range eggs. Any idea if you can buy freerange pickled eggs anywhere?

Thanks always - are they with the pickled onions?

i think so ,i cant remember the make(my memory not great on this diet lol) cos i always buy free range ,you could always pickle your own as well then you will be sure of the vinegar they are in,they pickle up really quickly.

Oh? Do you have to use special vinegar or just regular malt?
I assume you hardboil them first?
Oh and how long do they take to pickle?

Not sure of vinegar that you would use we used to just use regular vinegar and eat them on a picknic ! oh those were the days i dont think i was fat then :) or check out sarsons and yes hard boil first! they will pickle up within a couple of days,i suppose u would have to check out the sugar content of the vinegar but not too sure as im new to vlcd only been on it a month and on ts so no food for me lol .

Oh and on exante but just got my trial pack of s and s cos fancy a bit of variety , might start it tomorrow but worried my losses wont be as much!will see how i feel :)

Quite a few people have moved over from exante - they should be able to let you know how the weight loss is in comparison. It's the same as other VLCDs as far as I know - about a stone a month.

Back