Pickled eggs

Sarah_P

Happy to be slim at last
Does anybody know if pickled eggs are ok to use as a source of protein or does them being pickled add carbs to them?

I really like them with a salad. I know that they are an acquired taste! :p

I'll have to go and check this out Sarah, I'm not sure, but my gut instinct says they'll be OK.

I was right :D

Eggs: Pickled Egg, cooked
Eggs: Pickled Egg, cooked has 80 calories, 5.5g of fat and 0.0g of carbs in each large egg.

Thanks Jim. I knew that you would know where to find out! I googled it but couldn't find it. Thanks for doing that for me. I will have to add some to my shopping list!

Hmmm, Can you get them in Tesco, I fancy the suddenly. :D

Yes they normally have Garners pickled eggs in most of the supermarkets. But if you have a costco near to you, they are available in a catering size jar :eek:, but keep for ages. Only around £6 I think. I am off there tomorrow to collect a jar, along with some fish! Enjoy Jim!

Thanks Rach, I fancied the piccalilli as well until I saw it had sugar as an ingredient. :(

I think we posted about the same time Jim. Check out my post above about Costco.

I have also been having gherkins on my salad. Hmmm, might have to check out if these have sugar? The carbs on the jar were ok. Will have a look at that one later when I am preparing dinner.

Did you spot the little nutritional info dropdown thing Jim?

Picallili:
Typical ValuesPer 100g
To check
Energy 430kJ/101kcal
Protein1.4g
Carbohydrate23.0g
of which sugars23.0g
Fat 0.4g
of which saturates0.1g
Fibre0.9g
Sodium1.8g
xx

All of a sudden I fancy a pickled egg or two!

Oh yes we did Sarah. I use Mrs Somebody's Haimensher Gherkins, they are available in Tesco, I think they might be kosher gherkins. :)

Rach, thanks for that. I know I'm in maint but even so 23G per 100G is a bit high for me, I could eat 100G of Piccalilli easy. :(

Back